Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
GOAT
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be a much better game than the England vs Ireland match Wednesday.

I'm going for 2-1 to Brazil.

Neymar x 2
Fatman x1

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
SamWallaceIndy
Official Brazil matchday programme analysis of England team: 'World champion in 1966 ... the team has not been much of a threat since then'
We were a threat at Italia '90. Penalty kicks away from the Final (further than Brazil got BTW).

I can't see any way, shape form or fashion that England are going to avoid defeat tonight. I know it's a friendly and that the current Brazil side can't hold a candle to some of the classic Brazil teams but still, they're playing a side managed by Roy Hodgson who have Glen Johnson in their back four. :facepalm

·
Tormund FTW!
1,916 Posts
Brazil should win. Their team is far better on paper, but they haven't clicked yet under Scolari, so we'll have to wait and see.

Suggested Brazil XI :

Cesar​
Alves / Silva / Luiz / Marcelo​
Fernando / Paulinho​
Moura / Oscar / Neymar​
Fred​
If they get their shit together, they will score 3/4.​

·
i'm a potato
6,683 Posts
England team to play Brazil: Hart, Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Walcott, Jones, Carrick, Lampard, Milner, Rooney
weird line up

·
Tormund FTW!
1,916 Posts
England team to play Brazil: Hart, Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Walcott, Jones, Carrick, Lampard, Milner, Rooney
weird line up
4-5-1 ...

Hart​
Johnson / Cahill / Jagielka / Baines​
Jones​
Walcott / Carrick / Lampard / Milner​
Rooney​

·
i'm a potato
6,683 Posts
4-5-1 ...

Hart​
Johnson / Cahill / Jagielka / Baines​
Jones​
Walcott / Carrick / Lampard / Milner​
Rooney​
more likely...

Hart
Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines
Jones, Carrick
Walcott, Lampard, Milner
Rooney

·
Tormund FTW!
1,916 Posts
more likely...

Hart
Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines
Jones, Carrick
Walcott, Lampard, Milner
Rooney
Away to Brazil? I scarcely believe we will go 4-2-3-1 at all. Maybe for brief periods, but by and large it will be 4-5-1, with a boring and monotonous style.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looking forward to it now. I think we've got no chance of winning, but a good footballing performance would be nice. Come on England!!!!

·
Juventus fan
17,446 Posts
That Brazil team doesn't look particularly threatening. I think it will be a 1-1 draw. England aren't an easy team to beat, they've lost just once in the last year to a Ibrahimovic-inspired Sweden.

·
i'm a potato
6,683 Posts
Brazil XI vs England: Júlio César, Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Filipe Luís, Luiz Gustavo, Paulinho, Hulk, Oscar, Neymar, Fred.

Cesar
Alves, Silva, Luiz, Filipe
Gustavo, Paulinho
Hulk ----------------- Oscar
Fred, Neymar

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Brazil XI vs England: Júlio César, Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Filipe Luís, Luiz Gustavo, Paulinho, Hulk, Oscar, Neymar, Fred.
Cesar
Alves, Silva, Luiz, Filipe
Gustavo, Paulinho
Hulk ----------------- Oscar
Fred, Neymar

Filipe is Filipe Luis, the Atletico player???

·
Señor fluffy face.
7,323 Posts
3-1 Brazil.
Hart​
Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines​
Carrick Jones​
Walcott Lampard Milner​
Rooney​

·
GOAT
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dani Alves and Hulk are going to ruin Milner and Baines tonight.

Luiz and Silva will keep Rooney quiet.

They've got a very strong side out bar their central midfield, they should and probably will win this by a couple of goals.

·
Señor fluffy face.
7,323 Posts
Dani Alves and Hulk are going to ruin Milner and Baines tonight.

Luiz and Silva will keep Rooney quiet.

They've got a very strong side out bar their central midfield, they should and probably will win this by a couple of goals.
Gustavo, and Paulinho are hardly bad players. Paulinho is a really good midfielder.

·
GOAT
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rezZyREDdevil said:
Gustavo, and Paulinho are hardly bad players. Paulinho is a really good midfielder.
They're good but it's not as strong as it has been in past years.

They don't particularly need a world class midfield, they've got a decent defence and their attacking threat is brilliant.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts