Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
The bookies will love this after all that money went on Keegan yesterday.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Managers shouldnt stand to being undermined... I can see Hughes walking out on Citeh at some point also... well holding out for a pay off at least!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
there is too much pressure on managers in the premiership these days , proven managers like curbishly or big sam are out of work. what are they expected to win at the smaller clubs, i know the football at both clubs was poor but the injury nightmare was unreal both times and nothing is gonna change at these clubs by replacing the boss ,they were'nt given a chance but i suppose the pay offs good.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
ah sodding hell i had some vcash on it being keegan :(
well as for curbs i didnt think he at all did a bad job with west ham i mean he got carlton cole scoring for one :/
i think cause there was soo much pressure on him by mainly the press i think he struggled with it all and just had to go i feel for him he was doing a decent job
no doubt the job will be linked with every manager under the sun,
Slvan Blic no doubt will be the favorite but we shall see

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Ha one of my mates texted me there, he's watching ssn's or setanta news... some1 who signed off as a Geordie said: i cant believe the WHU fans arent outside Upton Park protesting ... a West Ham fan quickly wrote back... WE HAVE JOBS!!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
What the hell is wrong with them? Why can the Higher-ups not just leave the manager and let him get on with the job at hand.
Every other Club could learn a thing or two from Man Utd and Arsenal. Its no coincidence they have the two longest serving managers and the success they've had.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'd LOVE to see Bilic in the Premiership, what a fantastic manager, he could record a song for them ;) I think i had vCash onm Curbs out first so :p :eek:

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
this has the potential to turn into a wimbledon situation, these icelandic owners just havent got a clue, i think considering the injuries and players being sold or released curbs has worked minor miracles at west ham.

i had vcash on curbs to go....

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
curbs is a good manager,but how could he ever do his job,when he doesn't have any backing,cause obviously he doesn't or they wouldn't keep selling his players.i agree bilic would be a great addition to the hammers.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Redknapp: No way I'll replace Curbs

Harry Redknapp has praised Alan Curbishley for "sticking to his principles" - but insists there is "no way" he would return to West Ham

Curbishley resigned as manager of the Hammers on Wednesday after revealing he did not have control over transfers.

Portsmouth boss Redknapp had long spells as a player and manager at Upton Park but values the freedom he enjoys at Fratton Park.

He told the Sun: "Alan Curbishley may have gone as West Ham boss - but there's no way I'll replace him.

"Curbs quit because he feels he has been undermined and shown a lack of trust by the owner. I take my hat off to him for sticking to his principles.

"Don't get me wrong, West Ham is a fantastic club, with fantastic fans and - having gone there aged 15 - it has a special place in my heart.

"But I love it at Portsmouth and I have one big advantage over a lot of Premier League bosses these days - I've got an owner who lets the manager manage."

Curbishley's resignation came a day after Kevin Keegan was reported to have left Newcastle following a similar bust-up with the club's owners - although both sides insist Keegan remains at the club.

And Redknapp feels managers will simply have to get used to a different job description as the trend of billionaire owners sweeps the Premier League.

"The days of managing as I know it are coming to end - you will basically be given players and told to get on with it," he added.

"West Ham sold players and it was nothing to do with Alan - but that will happen more and more.

"Let's face it, the way it's going, every Premier League club will be owned by a foreign billionaire.

"They all want to win the title, they all want to be in the Champions League and if they don't get it they'll be changing managers like we change socks. It will be a revolving door that never stops turning.

"And while we're at it, we might as well sack all the scouts too, as there won't be any need if players are coming and going above managers' head."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts