Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Football Association have confirmed the departure of England coach Steve McClaren.

McClaren's tenure was brought to an end on Thursday, less than 24 hours after England were knocked out of Euro 2008 at the qualifying stage.

England, who only needed a draw against Croatia to seal their place at the finals in Austria & Switzerland, lost 3-2 at Wembley on Wednesday.

McClaren was contracted up to the World Cup in 2010 - but he will not be seeing out the remaining 33 months of his contract after England's first failure to qualify for the finals of a major tournament since 1994.

His reign is the shortest in the history of the English national team.

source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12016_2896125,00.html

I feel This was the right decision.. Bring in a Manager with REAL Flare....
Post your views please.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
There are many words I feel are appropriate to describe my feelings about McClaren. Unfortunately, they would probably all get me banned from this forum.

Suffice to say, that they sacked him months too late (he should have gone after the away game in Andorra) and we have paid the price for having an inept FA and manager.

I have not been this depressed following a football result for a long time. Good riddance McClaren.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
I find it hard to accept that after all his years working with Fergie....who is one of the best if not THE best manager ever........he performs like this !!!

Would Fergie have failed this BADLY ?

Never.....

So either McClaren don't listen to a single word Fergie tells him.....

Or he is completely stupid !!

Either way England are better off now without him.....

And should look to the future........:)

The future's bright.........the future's Romania oooops sorry England :D

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Its unfortunate but it had to happen. The players do and should share the blame, because they didn't perform. You can hvae the perfect strategy but it means nothing if they don't go and do the job.

I'd love to see Mourinho as England boss but thats unlikely as he ruled himself already.....

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, id love to see Mourinho as England boss.. :p
Who dyou guys think are potential next England Managers?

Jose Mourinho?
Martin O`Neil?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
CarlitoTevez said:
Yes, id love to see Mourinho as England boss.. :p
Who dyou guys think are potential next England Managers?

Jose Mourinho?
Martin O`Neil?
Fabio Capello has already declared his interest in the job.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
jeffb83 said:
Whose the main person or team responsible for England not qualifying for Euro 2008? I'm trying to find out who people blame the most, so I made a poll with all the possible option: McClaren, Croatia, the England players, injuries etc... please come and vote:
http://www.pollsb.com/polls/poll/39...ult-that-england-didn-t-qualify-for-euro-2008
You missed of the main culprits in the fa, if they had any bottle they would have gone and made sure we got a good manager like capello/scolari etc.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
I blame Bilic for your failure... :p

Now it seems Mourinho is the 1st candindate for england bench! Boy what have England turned into-that the Portuguese has become their last hope! The same Portuguese that almost entire nation were mocking at calling him arrogant and accusing him as a manager who prefers boring footbal unlike the mighty england who play great fluid football !Boy you would do anything right now ! Even accept the boring football? ! But you could get a real representiative of your national team - Arrogant manager of an arrogant team ! Hhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

·
Banned
4,946 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Hardly a surprise that he was sacked.
Its a very tough job but one of the best jobs in World football.
If the English got Mourihno, O'Neill or Capello then you would definitely be a force to be reckoned with.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
reddwarf said:
There are many words I feel are appropriate to describe my feelings about McClaren. Unfortunately, they would probably all get me banned from this forum.

Suffice to say, that they sacked him months too late (he should have gone after the away game in Andorra) and we have paid the price for having an inept FA and manager.
I have not been this depressed following a football result for a long time. Good riddance McClaren.

lol......spare a thought for us Irish fans mate.......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts