Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went under the radar a bit yesterday but for those that didnt know kidd is back as assistant at pompey to paul hart

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
scottsati said:
went under the radar a bit yesterday but for those that didnt know kidd is back as assistant at pompey to paul hart
yeah I heard that, but what happens when they bring a new manager in who will want his own men?

Either way, glad to see Kiddo back in a job.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Wasn't Brian Kidd at Sheffield United though? :confused:

EDIT: Never mind. I think he left when Kevin Blackwell got the job ;) :p

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Taken from bbc:

1527: Brian Kidd is back on the touchline at Portsmouth, assisting caretaker boss Paul Hart. He has been extremely vocal so far, thoroughly enjoying his top-flight return

fair play to Kiddo. Pompey now 2 up against City :D
The caretaker manager said he was on the streets just 2 years ago (cant think of his name)
but its great for Pompey, cos they were in freefall. City are shocking away from home though :)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Portsmouth and Kidd part company

Portsmouth boss Paul Hart has confirmed that Brian Kidd will not return to the club as his assistant manager after rejecting a new contract.

Kidd joined the Premier League outfit in February on a temporary deal, which ran until the end of last season.

The former England number two played a key role as Pompey avoided relegation.

Hart told BBC Radio Solent: "He did a great job for me after turning down a number of other jobs but he's a family man and Manchester is a long way."

When asked if he has identified a replacement for Kidd, Hart said: "We'll have to wait and see."

Kidd started his managerial career at Preston before moving to Manchester United as youth team coach under Sir Alex Ferguson.

In 1991 he became Ferguson's assistant at Old Trafford, helping the club win four Premier League titles and two FA Cups, before a brief spell in charge of Blackburn Rovers.

Kidd later spent over a year as an assistant to Sven-Goran Eriksson when the Swede was in charge of the England team and also worked under Neil Warnock and Bryan Robson at Sheffield United.

Kidd had surgery for prostate cancer in 2004 but returned to coaching following treatment in 2006.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | P | Portsmouth | Portsmouth and Kidd part company

·
One Armed Bandit
8,143 Posts
Oh Brian Kidd (oh Brian Kidd),
Is still a Manc (is still a Manc),
Oh Brian Kidd is still a Manc,
He's *******-up Leeds United,
Oh Brian Kidd is still a Manc.

classic song. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts