Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After initially planning this for the Spurs home game, it was decided that this would work best at an away game.

For the 5th round trip to either Derby or Forest, its time for Utd supporters to show their colours and reclaim the stands in true 70's style.

Get dusting off those old 2 stick banners and making new ones.

This can work, but needs the support of all Utd fans, all fanzines etc. So please spread the word.

The best photographed banner will win a Utd related prize.

In order to ensure banners are allowed into the stadium, please ensure that only small canes/sticks are used.

Lets see if this can be recreated.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/back-to-the-70s/#comments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jd_united said:
Providing I'm there it will have my support :)
Great! Are you going to make a two stick? If you are there are plenty of video guides on how to make one on youtube. :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
mufc-ok said:
Great! Are you going to make a two stick? If you are there are plenty of video guides on how to make one on youtube. :)
I'll give it a go yeh. I'll have a look on youtube in a sec and see how hard it looks lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So has anyone made anything for this then? I know a couple of people who have made something for this from other forums so it has definatley got support.

·
Registered
364 Posts
mufc-ok said:
So has anyone made anything for this then? I know a couple of people who have made something for this from other forums so it has definatley got support.
I hope everyone makes an effort, it could look excellent. I also hope that they show it on tv as well if it takes off in a major way.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Best of luck to everyone whos doing this! Its gonna look AWESOME! Really Jealous of the guys who are going, its gunna be a great day! Cant wait to see it on TV.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have received confirmation from DCFC's safety officer that small sticks/canes are ok on flags (Similar size to the sticked flags sold outside Old Trafford). Their stewards will be briefed and you wont have any problems getting them in.

Large thick poles/peices of wood will not be allowed.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update: People who are going to Derby tomorrow can you bring your Bar scarfs if you have any and bring some flags, And if you have a spare banner bring it and get sombody to hold it up :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've managed to get myself sorted with a ticket :D so I'm now searching my house for an old bedsheet that I can use for my banner.

Any ideas on what I should put on it?

mufc-ok said:
Update: People who are going to Derby tomorrow can you bring your Bar scarfs
And my bar scalf will of course be there ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts