Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering this...

...does anlyone else not hate the way the semis of the FA Cup are at Wembley now? I know they have to pay it all off, but playing that semi at Villa Park (OT for others) was great IMO...the goal was then getting to Wembley. It's like reaching the final stage too early I think.

Views?

·
Registered
846 Posts
i hate the semis being played at wembley. its stupid imo.

it makes reaching the final not so special surley cause you have already played there. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Well done Keano, great post, this is something I agree with 100% . Also bring back semi replays I say. Who will ever forget the last ever semi replay? What a night............

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
I was wondering this...

...does anlyone else not hate the way the semis of the FA Cup are at Wembley now? I know they have to pay it all off, but playing that semi at Villa Park (OT for others) was great IMO...the goal was then getting to Wembley. It's like reaching the final stage too early I think.

Views?
yeah it can be seen like that

although i ain't english i know that wembley is a temple of football and something special

that's why our latest win overthere when we left england home is even more important:rofl::first:

and we'll do it again :fyou::mf_tongue::D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Stupidest idea ever

True about climaxing too soon :p, the main point though is just remember that amazing goal Giggs scored at Villa park, the memories are created in the semis at these smaller grounds, the atmosphere is so much better too, it a shame but hey when have the punters been listened too, remember the FA have still got Wembly to pay off and this is the reason they are trying to pack it out now!

·
Registered
773 Posts
why don't we have home & away game in semi's..that would be better...like the carling cup...yeah it's suck when in the semi's we got to play in ******* wembley...

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Seems kind of dumb to have a Wembley semi. Kind of kills the "mystique" of a Wembley final.

Not to mention, Villa Park v. Arsenal...:) gives me chills just thinking about it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Agre wholehartedly. It dimishes the excitement of playing at wembley. The relays are brilliant too. Who can still remember the replay vs Oldham when Kanchelskis socred that cracker. That was at Maine Road from memory :)

If we don't keep some traditions the FA Cup will be viewed like the League Cup. After all winning either of these cups get you into Europe..

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Agre wholehartedly. It dimishes the excitement of playing at wembley. The relays are brilliant too. Who can still remember the replay vs Oldham when Kanchelskis socred that cracker. That was at Maine Road from memory :)

If we don't keep some traditions the FA Cup will be viewed like the League Cup. After all winning either of these cups get you into Europe..
FA Cup is the FA Cup. Like pretty much every national Cup, it has it's own mistique. We just started having our league cup here last year, and it's like... meh... Another trophy, yaaaay *yawn*
The national cup, however, it's another thing enterily. Anything can happen.

And I don't know about you guys, but I sorely miss the Cup Winner's Cup. You had some great games there, with the most unlikely teams :D

Bring Back Villa Park!!

Won't happen, so pointless thread.
Why are the semis at wembley too, now?? seating, or something...?

S

·
0 Posts
Why are the semis at wembley too, now?? seating, or something...?
Both Semis held there last year, same this year. My opinion they always will be sadly. :frown:

Reason.....Money..plain and simple.
ie:- capacity of the stadium about twice of anywhere else that it could be held.
One semi on one day, other semi the next...Maximum revenue.
The cost of Wembley being built needs to be paid off....get the fans to pay it.

Agree with all the others who say semis should be played at a neutral team ground,
much better than wembley, more magic and getting to the final at wembley means more.

Wembley even gets the play off semis and final of lower leagues as well, for the same reasons.

Not going to change because money talks louder than anything.:frown:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
yeah it can be seen like that

although i ain't english i know that wembley is a temple of football and something special

that's why our latest win overthere when we left england home is even more important:rofl::first:

and we'll do it again :fyou::mf_tongue::D
crooney are you referring to when croatia beat england ,if you are i like it very much :bye2::bye2:
when wales and northern ireland started to beat them in the home championships in the 80's they stopped playing us ,its always been a pleasure to see england beaten ever since :D:D:D

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
playing the semi's at wembly doe's seem to take the shine off the final , but it does give many more fans especially smaller clubs {cardiff, barnsley} the chance of experienceing the place at a very reasonable price . semi final ticket £25 ,final £80 that was with cardiff last year so there are some plus points to the argument.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
villa park all the way for me , wembley is over used and overated and this just takes any magic out of the final.
lets face it anyone can get to wembley these days , for all the play offs and other minor cups , you can even get there as a semi pro so its no longer the big pull it was .
when the semis used to be at villa park and goodison etc it was exciting with wembley beckoning , wembley way used to send shivers down my spine years ago , but now its just like any other stadium

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
why don't we have home & away game in semi's..that would be better...like the carling cup...yeah it's suck when in the semi's we got to play in ******* wembley...
Because the Carling Cup is crap.

By putting two legs in the FA Cup would just kill it. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
playing the semi's at wembly doe's seem to take the shine off the final , but it does give many more fans especially smaller clubs {cardiff, barnsley} the chance of experienceing the place at a very reasonable price . semi final ticket £25 ,final £80 that was with cardiff last year so there are some plus points to the argument.
i bet they dont make the semi tickets £25 for us , they were only dropped for the sh#te teams that made the semi.
can you imagine tickets being that price for united v chelsea , no chance:thumbsdownsmileyani

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
The semi's should never be played in the final venue. It's stupid and takes away some of the magic of the final.

Though Sal's post is exactly the reason why it happens.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i bet they dont make the semi tickets £25 for us , they were only dropped for the sh#te teams that made the semi.
can you imagine tickets being that price for united v chelsea , no chance:thumbsdownsmileyani
no they would charge close to double the £25 for a blockbuster game but its wrong the semi's should be priced the same for all the fans , but we now sadly expect to get ripped off at every opportunity .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts