Manchester United Talk banner

Who would you bring back?

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
if i was granted a wish to watch any football match live it would be George best in that uefa cup final..... i have only seen bits of that game but its enough to make me sit an think "my god" thats a genius!!
Ever player there that keano mentioned are top class in different ways!
But to me George best in his prime was the greatest man to play the game!

As for the player I'd most like to see, I think Duncan Edwards, and thats who I've voted for. We have heard some great praise about him, and sadly his career was cut short.

As for the player that I think would offer the most to us, I would go for Denis Law, as we need a top goalscorer imo. (Both players I didn't have the chance to see ;))

Though any player on the list would be welcomed back by me ;)

I went for Big Dunc because i think if he had of had a
career as long as any of the other players on the list
he would be regarded as the greatest ever. I know
its a huge assumption and many things might have
happened but Bobby Charlton says he the greatest
player he ever played with and i would to have him
back to see what might have been!

VaVaVoom said:
Has anybody ever seen footage of Big Dunc or are ye just going by what others talk about him?
There is a small bit of footage in the vid section but you cant tell from that.
Bobby Charlton played with him and said he was the only player that made him
feel inferior, and he played with/against the likes of Pele, Best, Law, Eusebio etc...

Plus Sir Bobby wasn't the only person to say great things about him. All the ex players say he was amazing and people like Sir Bobby Robson have also said he was incredible.

I actually saw a thread a while back on RAWK (liverpool forum, I found it accidently, I didn't look for it lol) and people on there were saying that there parents said he was the best player they've seen aswell - thats coming from Liverpool fans so that really tells you how good he was.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.