Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick thread to see what teams people can come up with including the current british and irish players, any formation you want and any mix of players but try not to be too bias.

Given
richards
rio
terry
cole
hargreaves
brown
gerrard
cole
rooney
Agbonlahor
If it was 4-4-2 i would have robbie kean up front with rooney and drop agbonlahor but i am going for a 4-3-3 formation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
ok so:
-------------------Given----------------
Hutton(Nev if fit)------Rio---------Dunne-------Cole
Beckham-----------OH-------Gerrard------------------Duff
-------------Keane------------Rooney----------

subs:Gordon, Bale, Terry, Healy, McGeady, Koumas, Richards
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
ok so:
-------------------Given----------------
Hutton(Nev if fit)------Rio---------Dunne-------Cole
Beckham-----------OH-------Gerrard------------------Duff
-------------Keane------------Rooney----------

subs:Gordon, Bale, Terry, Healy, McGeady, Koumas, Richards


I agre with the first team apart from Hutton...lmao......Richards RB....

Also there is no way in hell McGeady would make the subs bench.....he is average at best and not nearly as good as.......Abonglahor, Ashley Young, Joe Cole, Shaun Wright-Philips or even Kilbane...!!!

Terry/Dunne/Ferdinand is a very tough choice....depends on which partnership would work best....I'd say Terry/Ferdinand merely because Terry has a knack for scoring from corners, moreso than Dunne...
And obviously Ferdinand for his pace and all-round ability....

Other than them points.......Good team Jazz....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
GIVEN / GORDON
NEVILLE / FINNAN
RIO / RICHARDS
TERRY / DUNNE
BALE / CASHLEY COLE
BECKHAM / MCFADDEN
HARGREAVES / SCOTT BROWN
GERRARD / ANDY REID (HE'S QUALITY!)
J COLE / DUFF
ROONEY / DAVID HEALY (HAD TO GET A NORDY IN THERE SOMEWHERE)
KEANE / OWEN
And Stephen Hunt as the super sub!!!!!!


Tried to get all the countries in there and a balanced two 11's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
eoininho said:
GIVEN / GORDON
NEVILLE / FINNAN
RIO / RICHARDS
TERRY / DUNNE
BALE / CASHLEY COLE
BECKHAM / MCFADDEN
HARGREAVES / SCOTT BROWN
GERRARD / ANDY REID (HE'S QUALITY!)
J COLE / DUFF
ROONEY / DAVID HEALY (HAD TO GET A NORDY IN THERE SOMEWHERE)
KEANE / OWEN
And Stephen Hunt as the super sub!!!!!!


Tried to get all the countries in there and a balanced two 11's
wow You hit the nail on the head there. You picked the perfect 2 teams.
Id have the same but its harder picking just 11 though. Great post though- Im loving the super sub, he was legendary when he came on against Wales.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
wow You hit the nail on the head there. You picked the perfect 2 teams.
Id have the same but its harder picking just 11 though. Great post though- Im loving the super sub, he was legendary when he came on against Wales.
Hunt's the biggest legend ever!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
andycole9 said:
seeing as tho this site is so anti england i don't think mine would be looked upon with delight
hardly mate, we just like giving you a hard time is all. Just a bit of friendly banter.:D
If you look at everyones team so far, the majority of players are English.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
Keano's fan said:
-Given
-Neville
-Ferdinand
-Terry
-Cole
-Gerrard
-Hargreaves
-Lampard
-Duff
-Owen
-Rooney
i like this team, although duff would give much needed balance to the side i don't think his form over the last couple of years warrents a place in the team, yes i know he's had a nightmare with injurys but even before that he wasn't setting the world alight like he was when he was at blackburn and his early days at chelsea... so on that basis i'd have to have joe cole on the left... but a damian duff playing to his max would win a place in my team
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
hardly mate, we just like giving you a hard time is all. Just a bit of friendly banter.:D
If you look at everyones team so far, the majority of players are English.....
LOL, i know mate i can take as good as i give :cool:

don't worry about that ;)

although reading it back it does sound a bit defeatist but i didn't mean it like that i was taking the piss i just couldn't put an emotion with it coz i only know how to do them when i'm using a quote :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,853 Posts
andycole9 said:
LOL, i know mate i can take as good as i give :cool:

don't worry about that ;)

although reading it back it does sound a bit defeatist but i didn't mean it like that i was taking the piss i just couldn't put an emotion with it coz i only know how to do them when i'm using a quote :eek:
click reply......bottom left just above the quick reply box
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top