Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brown blow for Reds - Manchester United - Football - Sport - Manchester Evening News

SIR Alex Ferguson has indicated Wes Brown will miss the remainder of the season.

Brown has managed just two substitute appearances since last October after sustaining a foot injury but seemed to be heading for full fitness again.

Sir Alex Ferguson was hoping to introduce Brown back into the first-team picture at Middlesbrough last week but in the end had to rule him out after the England defender suffered a minor setback in training.

Although the damage is not thought to be extensive, with only four matches of the Premier League season to play, plus the Champions League final as United look to retain a trophy Brown helped them to win in Moscow 12 months ago, Ferguson has effectively written the 29-year-old out of his plans.

Instead, the Scot will rely on John O'Shea, Rafael Da Silva and Gary Neville, who is fit again after his own foot injury, to fill the right-back berth.

"Wes had a little setback during the week," confirmed the United boss.

"It is not major but the fact the season is coming to an end makes it difficult for him.

"We have Gary back fit so we are not too bad. But it is disappointing for Wes."

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
signed a new contract and then satout most o the season :rolleyes:

We missed him in a few matches for sure, but O'Shea has performed admirably. Usually doesn't have any showckers and is reliable.

I hope Wes recovers well and comes back next season to make man Utd an even more formidable squad.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
its not that big of a loss IMO as we have JOS who is playing well and this is probably his best season ever with us and also the timing of the injury couldn't have been better as we have Nev coming back from injury and only missing four games aint that big...

hopefully he will be bck fit and ready next season as i still rate him as our best right full :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
its not that big of a loss IMO as we have JOS who is playing well and this is probably his best season ever with us and also the timing of the injury couldn't have been better as we have Nev coming back from injury and only missing four games aint that big...

hopefully he will be bck fit and ready next season as i still rate him as our best right full :thumbsup:
Ya, you're right there Canto. Brown isn't a big loss since he's been missing for most of the season anyways. But one thing is for sure, when all our right back's are fit, he is certainly by miles our best player in that position imo. And last season he proved that and was by far imo the best right back in the Premiership.

Also, one thing I want to mention off topic is John O'Shea. Yes he has been magnificent of late but do I trust him 100% in a Champions league final vs Henry or Messi??? That will have to be seen.

One thing for sure is I would chose Brown 10 times out of 10 over Sheasy.

·
23,699 Posts
Fortunately, Brown will not be missed much as we have more than enough cover with JOS, Rafael and Gary. Besides, it may be too much to ask for from him to step up his gears from such a long injury for this critical stage of the season.

Between JOS, Rafael and Gary, I would prefer JOS. Nothing fanciful nor eye-catching but he has been steady and consistent as right back this season. Definitely gives a more solid outlook than the other two. Good enough for me.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
After the good season he had last year, it's been a blow for him that he's missed nearly all of this season. We haven't missed him too much it's fair to say, maybe in the odd game though. As for this injury, we won't miss him really as I wouldn't have expected him to play much anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.