Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United defender Wes Brown is resigned to the fact that Gary Neville will take his place in the starting XI.

Brown has been ever-present for Sir Alex Ferguson's side this season, but United's captain is closing in on a comeback to the first-team.

Neville has been on the sidelines for nearly a month after injuring his ankle against Bolton back in March.

A thigh injury curtailed the England international's first comeback, but the Red Devils stalwart is confident of featuring within the next two weeks.

Team player

Brown explained that while he has thoroughly enjoyed his consistent run in the side, he accepts that Neville will take his place once he is fit.

"It has been great to play. It is always good to get a run in the side so early in the season," he said.

"But Gary is getting close to his comeback now so when he does return I will make sure I am ready when needed.

"Gary is captain of the club, so when he is fit he will definitely be back in the side."

·
Registered
414 Posts
browns not a full back but he sure as hell dont give much to the opposition which is dam good, really wished SAF would have given one of the younger right backs a shot, simpson or bardsley, although we cant see how well they train, imo it would have meant more balance with two better adapted attacking full backs

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Brown has been brilliant so far for us this season, and is happy to be on the bench aswell, we could do with more players like that :)

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
You don't want players to be happy sitting on the bench mate. You want them to be forcing their way into the team by desperation to get on and play with the heart!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Yeah i know mate, but what i mean is he is happy to be used when the manager needs him, and doesn't go on tv and say stuff like ''i don't know why the manager doesn't use me i'm fit'' (Shevchenko by the way)! He is a true red!;)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
although brown can a do a job in defence it's going forward where we really miss gary neville, his engine up and down the wing and ability to cross a ball is second to none. he also has a great understanding with giggs and ronaldo (who ever might be on the right wing) as he did with beckham

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
If Wes plays like he did today, Gary will find it difficult getting back in. Wes had such a solid game. One of his best ever games for United.

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
Red Devil said:
Wes is a club player and happy with his lot. He will never leave us.
Him and Wayne Rooney live next to each other, if he ever threatened to leave Wazza would come round and kick him up!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Brown has been very consistent this season, I personally thought he was M.O.T.M against Chelsea, Nev faces a big fight getting back into the team, The competition for places is good for the team!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Browns been great but i agree Nevs is a great player plus our captain!
He will still get games im glad he didnt leave in the summer hes proved hes a decent player!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
nparmar said:
i think Wes has been one of our most consistent players this season. Im glad for him, he deserves his chance!
He deffo' is! Along with VDS, Rio, Vida & Evra, the back 5 forms the best defensive back-line in the whole world of Europe this season. Well, 15 goals conceded in the Premiership...so what do you actually think? ;)

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I cant see gary neville gettin in this season but next is a different matter thats if wes is there anyway but lets not take anything away from wes he has been amazing

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
i think brown has been brilliant. he deserves that right back spot. further, with all the injuries he had, can gary neville be as mobile as he was? brown seems to be made for united system. he's very mobile. just lacking a little pace, but otherwise, he is solid.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts