Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking to buy a Manchester United shirt for my teenager who is playing soccer here in Teaneck, New Jersey USA.

In American football, there are authentic and replica jerseys (shirts) with the authentic ones being much more expensive, but of superior quality.

I looked at FootyAuctions.com which is an interface to eBay, and I looked under Manchester United->Unsigned Shirts but I couldn't figure out if there are the equivalent of replica and authentic jerseys?

What's the English equivalent?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Hi there.

I know what you mean because I follow the NFL and have looked at buying authentic and replica American football shirts.

We actually call the official (authentic) kits replicas over here so it's easy to get confused!

If you're not sure what they're offering on ebay I suggest you try http://www.soccerstore.com/shop/home.php?cat=127

Over here the official t-shirt without a player number/name on the back is £40, which is about $80 on the current exchange rate, so the prices on that website look pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Due to the current rate of exchange between the £ and the $; it can be relatively expensive for you to by the real thing from Old Trafford. Its about $2 to the £ I believe. Thats about $80 including postage for one from the "source". The one bonus of course is that you know you have the "real thing"!!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Red Devil said:
Due to the current rate of exchange between the £ and the $; it can be relatively expensive for you to by the real thing from Old Trafford. Its about $2 to the £ I believe. Thats about $80 including postage for one from the "source". The one bonus of course is that you know you have the "real thing"!!
He shouldn't care what he's paying, he's getting one of the most prized posessions in sport ;) (and it's for his son....lol)

In Europe from my understanding of buying football jerseys, you can buy the replica jersey, which is the quality one

or a fake jersey which is non-authentic (e.g the crest may be diferrent to the actual crest)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the Suggestions

I actually ended up now in the UK on a business trip. Very little notice...
I am west of London in the Maidenhead/Slough area and am looking for retailers.
This is a two-week trip, so I have time for online ordering too if I move quick enough.
I have checked out prices at Amazon-uk, ebay, and at FootyAuctions.com (an ebay front-end).
Now to check the local shops.
Any recommendations of sporting goods stores (shops)?

Thanks

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
fondantf said:
I actually ended up now in the UK on a business trip. Very little notice...
I am west of London in the Maidenhead/Slough area and am looking for retailers.
This is a two-week trip, so I have time for online ordering too if I move quick enough.
I have checked out prices at Amazon-uk, ebay, and at FootyAuctions.com (an ebay front-end).
Now to check the local shops.
Any recommendations of sporting goods stores (shops)?

Thanks
JJB Sports.....

Big company with many outlets......

Any problems you have a no quibble refund or exchange too....:)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
can anyone tell me the price of an authentic jersey, coz i happen to have bought one recently and i am not sure whether it is authentic, or any special features on the jersey?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
yangch0000 said:
can anyone tell me the price of an authentic jersey, coz i happen to have bought one recently and i am not sure whether it is authentic, or any special features on the jersey?
In which currency did you buy it and for how much?

Over here they cost £40 from retail outlets but I've seen them for £30-£35 on the Internet. A few years ago ASDA sold them for £25 but I think they got in trouble for doing that.

If you want to convert £'s into your currency visit...

www.xe.com

...unless you bought it in £'s!!!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
yangch0000 said:
i bought in malaysian ringgit, 200 bucks. with proper exchange rate, it shld be 250. did i buy cheap or got a fake one?
You may have just got it cheap - one of my Man United shirts was made in Malaysia so it makes sense that it would be cheaper to buy it from there.

Authentic shirts should look like this...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts