Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all you rags...

Ever wondered why, even with all the trophies, glory, showbiz weddings, superstar "glamour" players and planet-sized, graceless ego's that surround the "entity" that is Manchester United, you still can't kill off local support for a club that has won nothing for 31 years, shoots itself in the foot at every opportunity, sells it's best players and yet is somehow still one of the best-supported teams in England? I'd say that says more about your club than ours. supporting City is typically Mancunian, backing the underdog in the face of adversity, knowing that one day soon, "our time will come again..." supporting United is heroism in a can, the refuge of the characterless, the humorless, the bland - the Footballing epitome of "blending in"...though I guess you'll just never understand that's what separates us from you, and long may it remain so... city fans never have to justify why they are Blue. Unlike our Red Brothers. Thanks for reminding me why I am and always will be Manchester City...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Supporting Man City is also known as Masochism, they play muck football and have for years. They have just taken on a muck manager and are going to be owned by a corrupt foreign megalomaniac. They have a muck squad and they cant even fill their stadium (only thing about them thats not muck) with their wonderful supporters. I imagine if you were really so comfortable in your support of City you wouldnt feel the need to come onto this forum and post bitter nonsense. Fair play to ye for getting money for that sc*mbag Barton though, although in many ways he typified what you'd expect from City, not much class but a big mouth. Am sure ye have plenty more where he came from....
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your nothing but a bunch of plastic scummers, lol.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mind actual Utd fans, but they're few and far between, you only have to stroll out of manchester too see several united shirt wearing plastics, I do kinda assume they don't have a clue about football. And I'm usually right. The worst one though (this goes for Liverpool fans too), is those people who walk into the pub in the 85th minute and go "what's the score" find out they're winning, and say "yes." Sorry, if you really gave a shit, you wouldn't have turned up 5 minutes before the end, so don't pretend you're a fan. The other assumption I make is that anyone my age that supports utd are the sort of people who had no mind of their own in school, and picked Utd because it was popular. Even if they watch them every week now, they still only picked Utd originally because of peer pressure. Then they come up with the usual bullshit about how their grandparents are Welsh, so they picked Ryan Giggs' team or some other crap reason. And all fans are a bit hypocritical on the pitch, but Utd are the only ones hypocritical off it. It's okay for them to buy all the best players, but if Chelsea do it, they're buying the league.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of you should see the point, afterall, 90% of you won't be Mancs lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
mabey your right about some utd fans but the more fans a team has throughout the world the better. man city fans would never have fans like this because no one out side of manchester would support them because they are rubbish arent they city fan!?
i guess some utd supporters support utd because thats where they come from and its part of their identity-and the rest are fans of utd because they are fans of the exiting way they play and the fair and honest way in which utd conduct themselves over the world.
you sound very bitter which ,is understandable!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Get off the forum you muppet, those "things" that go around in sky Blue singing Blue Moon are worse than Mosquitos, and they are bad, though they don't personally bother me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
City_Fan said:
To all you rags...

Ever wondered why, even with all the trophies, glory, showbiz weddings, superstar "glamour" players and planet-sized, graceless ego's that surround the "entity" that is Manchester United, you still can't kill off local support for a club that has won nothing for 31 years, shoots itself in the foot at every opportunity, sells it's best players and yet is somehow still one of the best-supported teams in England? I'd say that says more about your club than ours. supporting City is typically Mancunian, backing the underdog in the face of adversity, knowing that one day soon, "our time will come again..." supporting United is heroism in a can, the refuge of the characterless, the humorless, the bland - the Footballing epitome of "blending in"...though I guess you'll just never understand that's what separates us from you, and long may it remain so... city fans never have to justify why they are Blue. Unlike our Red Brothers. Thanks for reminding me why I am and always will be Manchester City...
If you were in any way an out and out City fan you would have called us "manu".
Not Manchester United and United, that is for us not you(p).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
City_Fan said:
I don't mind actual Utd fans, but they're few and far between, you only have to stroll out of manchester too see several united shirt wearing plastics, I do kinda assume they don't have a clue about football. And I'm usually right. The worst one though (this goes for Liverpool fans too), is those people who walk into the pub in the 85th minute and go "what's the score" find out they're winning, and say "yes." Sorry, if you really gave a shit, you wouldn't have turned up 5 minutes before the end, so don't pretend you're a fan. The other assumption I make is that anyone my age that supports utd are the sort of people who had no mind of their own in school, and picked Utd because it was popular. Even if they watch them every week now, they still only picked Utd originally because of peer pressure. Then they come up with the usual bullshit about how their grandparents are Welsh, so they picked Ryan Giggs' team or some other crap reason. And all fans are a bit hypocritical on the pitch, but Utd are the only ones hypocritical off it. It's okay for them to buy all the best players, but if Chelsea do it, they're buying the league.
In fairness you do make a couple of good points

I find that to be very true and honestly one of the things I don't like about United is how we have many so called "fans". They are either glory-hunters, posers, people trying to look cool, you have the diehard mancs and of course the foreigners like many people on this forum (including me) However and remember this really well just because we don't come from the Manchester metropolis or anywhere near England (in my case) doesn't mean that we aren't passionate about our club. I've watched each and every United game since I became a United fan when I could and when I was unable to it was because of matters I couldn't control.

I don't agree with your second comment at all. just because they started supporting United because of peer-pressure or because it was popular doesn't make them any less "fans". The defining question is did they keep on supporting the club even after those years and followed them intently. If yes then they are fans if no then you may have a point.

The difference is United earned the money to spend on players, Chelsea didn't. Even so when United were highly successful in 1999 we didn't make any big money signings till we bought Ruud and Veron. If you compare that to Chelsea they practically buy 4 players each year regardless of achievement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Im a local, red through and through. My dad and 3 brothers were all city season ticket holders until they refused to follow a shite team that forever ripped off their own fans and still do with over priced, over aged players and false promises every season. Wake up you jealous tosser, even your own beloved club take the piss out of your so called 'bitter' fans and you are gullible enough to take this in year after year.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
david fox said:
Im a local, red through and through. My dad and 3 brothers were all city season ticket holders until they refused to follow a shite team that forever ripped off their own fans and still do with over priced, over aged players and false promises every season. Wake up you jealous tosser, even your own beloved club take the piss out of your so called 'bitter' fans and you are gullible enough to take this in year after year.
About the only one then. You've just backed up my point scummer, manure fans are fickle, and your dad and brothers were just the same; glory hunters. You said it...
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top