Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
City_Fan said:
I don't mind actual Utd fans, but they're few and far between, you only have to stroll out of manchester too see several united shirt wearing plastics, I do kinda assume they don't have a clue about football. And I'm usually right. The worst one though (this goes for Liverpool fans too), is those people who walk into the pub in the 85th minute and go "what's the score" find out they're winning, and say "yes." Sorry, if you really gave a shit, you wouldn't have turned up 5 minutes before the end, so don't pretend you're a fan. The other assumption I make is that anyone my age that supports utd are the sort of people who had no mind of their own in school, and picked Utd because it was popular. Even if they watch them every week now, they still only picked Utd originally because of peer pressure. Then they come up with the usual bullshit about how their grandparents are Welsh, so they picked Ryan Giggs' team or some other crap reason. And all fans are a bit hypocritical on the pitch, but Utd are the only ones hypocritical off it. It's okay for them to buy all the best players, but if Chelsea do it, they're buying the league.
In fairness you do make a couple of good points

I find that to be very true and honestly one of the things I don't like about United is how we have many so called "fans". They are either glory-hunters, posers, people trying to look cool, you have the diehard mancs and of course the foreigners like many people on this forum (including me) However and remember this really well just because we don't come from the Manchester metropolis or anywhere near England (in my case) doesn't mean that we aren't passionate about our club. I've watched each and every United game since I became a United fan when I could and when I was unable to it was because of matters I couldn't control.

I don't agree with your second comment at all. just because they started supporting United because of peer-pressure or because it was popular doesn't make them any less "fans". The defining question is did they keep on supporting the club even after those years and followed them intently. If yes then they are fans if no then you may have a point.

The difference is United earned the money to spend on players, Chelsea didn't. Even so when United were highly successful in 1999 we didn't make any big money signings till we bought Ruud and Veron. If you compare that to Chelsea they practically buy 4 players each year regardless of achievement.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.