Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so its the big fight and jc takes on the executioner in his back yard .

i take this to be a points win for joe or a late tko .

hopkins may be class but he is just too old

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Really want to stay up and watch it, but I've got a feeling I won't be able to saty awake long enough! :eek:........

Should be a fantastic bout nonetheless!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Should be a good fight. Hoping Calzaghe wins. Hopkins annoys me. The Executioner will get executed tonight.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
joe better win, it'll be such a joke if calzaghe looses to a 43 year old man, doesnt matter where and when, joe has no excuses and should be quick and young enough to win this.

pz

Z

·
0 Posts
Calzaghe wins by split decision, just listened on BBC radio five live,
Calzaghe was knocked down in the first round but managed to come
back strong and win the fight. It wasn't looking good for him and
sounded like he was losing, even the commentators thought he'd
lost, but hey who cares? He won :D

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i woke at 0240 so decided to watch it and it panned out pretty much as expected . hbo commentry team all had joe 4 rounds ahead by the end . it seems the brits put too much on home advantage . cortez as a ref is a joke firm but fair ? he pulled hatton up all the time for holding in his fight against mayweather yet hopkins spent most of fight trying to hold yet got away with it . the 5 minute time out for low blow was hilarious because hopkins must have worlds highest ball bag for that to have connected . i think he will go out against roy jones for last fight of his career and will actually bang some heavy punches in . his last few fights have seen him pitter patter punching to protect his hands .

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Good stuff. I expected Joe to win. Was tougher for him, but a win is a win. It'll be valuable experience for him when he has his next fight.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I watched the repeat at 10:20am the next day without knowing the result.

I was shocked to see Calzaghe get knocked down in the 1st and he stuggled for the next couple of rounds. As the fight went on Hopkins got more and more tired and Enzo knew it - he was screaming at his son 'DO YOU TRUST ME! DO YOU TRUST ME! He's there for the taking!' Lol.

It was a split decision and I was surprised Calzaghe won by a few rounds according to a couple of the judges but a great result for British boxing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts