Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watch most games via pirate websites - and often I'll have two versions of the same game running just in case I lose one. What I've noticed, in some cases, is that the same game is carried by two or more tv networks (eg sky/setanta) with different commentators.

How does it work between sky, setanta, bbc, itv etc?

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
sky are the daddys showing most cup games and league games. setanta are trying to over ride sky and show league games bbc only gets f.a cup really. im still a sky man for games but for news id prob say setanta cause im not a cricket or rugby man and sky sports news drag out these sports aswell but setanta news is purely for the best game in the world :D

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
FA Cup - Setanta+ITV
Carling cup - Sky
Premier League - Setanta + Sky
UCL - ITV+Sky
Match of the Day :D - BBC, always and forever ;)

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Sownak27 said:
FA Cup - Setanta+ITV
Carling cup - Sky
Premier League - Setanta + Sky
UCL - ITV+Sky
Match of the Day :D - BBC, always and forever ;)
apart for the years when itv did match of the day ;)

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
We dont have any rights to our own leauges :p Its clear that across the glbe like HK,USA ect,they can show OUR 3pm kick offs live with no issues.....over here its sill Sultana Banana sports or Sky which rob you blind.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
moondog said:
I watch most games via pirate websites - and often I'll have two versions of the same game running just in case I lose one. What I've noticed, in some cases, is that the same game is carried by two or more tv networks (eg sky/setanta) with different commentators.

How does it work between sky, setanta, bbc, itv etc?
You're watching the UK version on one, and an American/Chinese/whatever country on the other. The American one I catch sometimes has English commentators and so do a couple of Malaysian and a Chinese channel I think.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
It's a bit different in England.
In Italy with Sky you can watch every single Serie A match of the year [naturally most of them are on at Sunday 3pm so you'd have to change channel].
In England you can have Sky and Setanta and you'll still never get to see every match as some are simply not televised on Sky UK & Setanta.
Also on Italian Sky the big four are shown every week and some other matches are shown aswell. I assume it's the same for Sky in other countries too.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Setanta is even more of a scam cos it is owned by sky. Just another way of taking our money. Thats why i refuse to pay for it and just watch Setanta matches on a pirate site :cool:.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
haggler said:
apart for the years when itv did match of the day ;)
Oh the memories! :rolleyes:

Theme tune...Beautiful Day (U2)
Host...Gabby Logan

Sky will cover most though with;
  • Premier League (12:45/15:00/16:00/20:00)
  • Carling Cup
  • Champions League
  • Championship
  • La Liga
  • Internationals

Setanta;
  • Premier League (15:00/17:30)
  • FA Cup
  • Championship
  • Internationals

..And then the rest fill in behind ;)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Hezzy said:
Setanta is even more of a scam cos it is owned by sky. Just another way of taking our money. Thats why i refuse to pay for it and just watch Setanta matches on a pirate site :cool:.
I don't think that Setanta are not owned by Sky.

PremPlus was the other channel owned by Sky (which was the PPV channel) but because Sky lost some of the rights they had they didn't have enough games to have the other channel.

Setanta are an Irish company, and are competing against Sky Sports.

I think, though, that STV and Setanta are the same company or linked in some way. The commentators and pundits when broadcasted are the same, and usually the employees of the company will have a contract which states they are not allowed to appear on one of the other channels. (Though thats not definite. Just what I think is the case)

S

·
0 Posts
manutd004 said:
I don't think that Setanta are not owned by Sky.
Setanta are an Irish company, and are competing against Sky Sports.
Sounds a bit mixed up the way you have put that.:D

But you're right Sultana are NOT owned by Sly, the rest is correct as well.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Keano! said:
Oh the memories! :rolleyes:

Theme tune...Beautiful Day (U2)
Host...Gabby Logan

Sky will cover most though with;
  • Premier League (12:45/15:00/16:00/20:00)
  • Carling Cup
  • Champions League
  • Championship
  • La Liga
  • Internationals

Setanta;
  • Premier League (15:00/17:30)
  • FA Cup
  • Championship
  • Internationals

..And then the rest fill in behind ;)

Wrong ... 15:00 matches are never televised.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts