Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
simple question (3 :p)

its pretty obvious that Aston Villa will finish in the top 4 and they have a good squad and they play pretty nice footie

did they deserve o be in th top 4 or is it coz Arsenal are shit ?
but.. can they stay in the top 4 in the next seasons ?
do they have a good squad to qualify to ucl and atleast reaching the 2nd round ?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
abojodeh said:

its pretty obvious that Aston Villa will finish in the top 4 and they have a good squad and they play pretty nice footie

did they deserve o be in th top 4 or is it coz Arsenal are shit ?
but.. can they stay in the top 4 in the next seasons ?
do they have a good squad to qualify to ucl and atleast reaching the 2nd round ?

Its to early to say its odvious but I believe they will the Heskey signing was a master stroke by O'neill Heskey and Carew will battle it out for a starting place now.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
i wouldnt say it's obvious that they will finish top four.
you'd be surprised how arsenal play so well when the pressure is off. once they fell apart last year, they all of a sudden put a run together that gave them a shout of the league coming to old trafford.
i do think villa will take top four though, and i think that the champions league would start to attract really big players to villa park. their chairman will back the manager to buy those players, a fantastic manager he is as well

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
They deserve 2nd for all the efforts of the players/O'neil over the last 2-3 seasons.Definatley should be given a crack at the CL and Arsenal have no excuses if they dont make it.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RedAdam said:
i wouldnt say it's obvious that they will finish top four.
you'd be surprised how arsenal play so well when the pressure is off. once they fell apart last year, they all of a sudden put a run together that gave them a shout of the league coming to old trafford.
great point but arsenal have a high pressure on them atm and this pressure will stay until Villa establish a very very large point difference between them and arse :D

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
abojodeh said:

did they deserve o be in th top 4 or is it coz Arsenal are shit ?they deserve it theve played good football the fact arsenal are shit is just an added bonus :D
but.. can they stay in the top 4 in the next seasons ? i belive they can if they add to the squad as they have one of the smallest in the league and if they keep hold of there key players and also o Neill
do they have a good squad to qualify to ucl and atleast reaching the 2nd round ?same as above
ugggh my message was too short :mad: what do write? this shall do :eek:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
they;ve been great this season and sincerely i think they can hang on t the 4th spot.. the first 3..are for the team that are already there..but look at arsenal...if they keep it this way...villa is for sure a top 4 team...for this season. they;ve got heskey now and wait till carew ...young and the other injured fellows return. they're great this season and deserve their place.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Nothing is certain yet. Provided Arsenal can sign Arshavin, and with Eduardo returning, it could turn their season around in no time at all. I personally think Villa won't be able to maintain this. They'll probably burn out or loose key players like Young or Agbonlahor and then will struggle.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I originally dismissed the idea of Villa in the Top 4, simply because of their early season inconsistency and the fact that their squad looked to be too small.

I'm still not sure if they can or not and nothing is for certain. They have been more consistent than early season but they still have a small squad. If they can avoid a long line of injuries then I think they are capable.

As for whether they can stay there for more than one season, it depends entirely what Arsenal and Chelsea do, and whether they can keep, as well as build on, their team.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i've said on a few posts that they have the potential to finish in the top 4 if they do this will be a major acheivement, but the need to sign more than heskey before the deadline closes.

they also have a major flaw which could let arsenal back in- they have an amazingly soft underbelly, dropping soft home points has been a major issue....thought they had got over it and what happenes again?? blow it at home agaisnt wigan, there have been too many games like that thise season.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
abojodeh said:
its pretty obvious that Aston Villa will finish in the top 4
Says you. :p Honestly It could happen but I'll believe it when I see it after the seasons over.

Say what you like about Wenger, he's a good coach. I think he may just have a trick or two up his sleeve yet.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
dlan4327 said:
Says you. :p Honestly It could happen but I'll believe it when I see it after the seasons over.

Say what you like about Wenger, he's a good coach. I think he may just have a trick or two up his sleeve yet.
No doubt about that and with rosicky, fabregas, eduardo and wallcot returning it will be a great fight four 4th position although I would love to see Villa in the top 4 this season because they deserve that

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Arsenal are now 7 points behind Villa. That is amazing :eek: who would have thought?
They are also 2 ahead of Chelsea as well. Fair does to them. Ill be delighted to see them in the CL,
where I think they can do really well.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Yeah, I think the top four position is all but secured for them. I just hope they don't follow Everton's route of being a one-season wonder, and getting destroyed in the qualifying rounds. Uefa will be happy that there's finally some change with our teams in the Champs League.

And also, Arsenal might finally have some success in Europe with the Uefa Cup!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
What's amazing is they have 10 - that's TEN - away wins. The next best are chelski and the dipps with 8. I think that tells you a lot about the character of the players and manager.

They will finish in the top 4. My question is:

Can they finish 2nd?

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
moondog said:
What's amazing is they have 10 - that's TEN - away wins. The next best are chelski and the dipps with 8. I think that tells you a lot about the character of the players and manager.

Can they finish 2nd?
My answer: nope.

I've just checked the fixtures, and it's funny how it all falls into place - they play Chelsea next week at Villa Park. Should be a hell of a game.

Also, Arsenal probably have more chance of getting into Europe by winning the Champions League than they do by coming fourth.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Arsenal are now 7 points behind Villa. That is amazing :eek: who would have thought?
They are also 2 ahead of Chelsea as well. Fair does to them. Ill be delighted to see them in the CL,
where I think they can do really well.
Not only that, Arse are now just 4 points ahead of Everton. Comparing both sides games to come, I can definetly see arse going down further.

Because I'm DC said:
Yeah, I think the top four position is all but secured for them. I just hope they don't follow Everton's route of being a one-season wonder, and getting destroyed in the qualifying rounds. Uefa will be happy that there's finally some change with our teams in the Champs League.

And also, Arsenal might finally have some success in Europe with the Uefa Cup!
Well, it's all about alternatives at this point of the season. Villa still have the cup, and the UEFA, and the big 4 have all CL clashes, and only liverpoo are out of the FA. As for keeping it up for next year, depends, really. Everton has lost a lot of players, but they do very well with what they have, and, if Villa aren't gutted this year, they might keep it up for next year. The thing is, Everton drew clearly the short straw in the qualifying, liverpoo were very lucky to get past Liege, and Everton had a lot of injuries back then, and despite both beeing well played games, Liege were better.

The pompeys, for example, were tremendously lucky to get past Guimarães, and got trashed in the group stages, so...

moondog said:

Can they finish 2nd?
That, to me, depends. liverpoo have tough games, but so does villa. And, while Villa still have the FA, it's against another side on good form at the moment, Everton, at Goodison. Both still need to visit OT, and they're still both on European competitions. I'd like to say yes, since I think they're in such a high mental note at the moment, and liverpoo isn't, but, since I don't see liverpoo getting past Real Madrid, that would mean all of liverpoo's eggs are in the premiership. This is an important month to get a clearer picture on that, with the cup games and the european fixtures too.

And let's not forget, next league game for Villa is against Chelsea, I think that's where we'll see just how much they can achieve. 3 games in 6 days, Everton (FA), CSKA (UEFA) and Chelsea (PL). It's gonna be very though for them.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i think villa will certainly finish in the top 4 from their current position and they deserve it has well.
but you know what will happen in the summer the big boys will take their star players ,young ,barry ,abonglahor are 3 that they are sure to get big bids for and utd could be one of the bidders ,so it will be really hard for villa to progress much further with the current eyecatching players in the team.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts