Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Ronaldo out injured, Nani suspended, Park also being troubled by his knee, and emergency winger Owen Hargreaves out untill the Pompey away game with his continued tendinitos problem, could these two young Brazilians emerged just at the right time ? After all if your good enough your old enough.

I know by rights their attacking full backs but they to me look easily adaptable and could easily play higher up the pitch and both have a pedigree of scoring goals.

I just think they could come in really handy especially at the start of this campaign, what do you United fans think ? No better place to try it out than this Sunday at Wembley :) Let me know what you think. :)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I was very impressed with Rafael. He looked very threatening going forward.

However, Nani can play in the Community Shield and for the Prem Fletcher could fill in on the right. I'm still hopeful Rooney will be fit for the opening Prem game and if he is then we could even play a 4-3-3 formation with Tevez, Giggs and Rooney up front.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Well its only 1 game (proper game) that Hargreaves should miss, so I suppose Fabio could be given a chance vs Newcastle. But I think Fergie would put Evra on the wing with Slivestre at LB.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reddwarf said:
I was very impressed with Rafael. He looked very threatening going forward.

However, Nani can play in the Community Shield and for the Prem Fletcher could fill in on the right. I'm still hopeful Rooney will be fit for the opening Prem game and if he is then we could even play a 4-3-3 formation with Tevez, Giggs and Rooney up front.
Dwarfy come on, I've defended Fletch more than most on this Forum ... but Fletcher on the wing brings me back 3-4 years and we just played dreadful football with him wide in midfield.
I'd rather give Rafael a chance in the wide areas, Fletcher might be needed in the middle anyway with the current problems with Carrick and Hargreaves and with Anderson being in Beijing.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
No, i thought they were both full backs. But even if they were wingers not really they need time to adapt and we have better cover than them at the moment anyway.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nemanjaaa said:
No, i thought they were both full backs. But even if they were wingers not really they need time to adapt and we have better cover than them at the moment anyway.
I think you'll find we dont, Giggs might have to play up front off of Tevez, Nani is suspended, Ronaldo Park and Hargreves are all injured so that leaves us very little in terms of numbers to play out wide doesn't it.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Drew9 said:
Dwarfy come on, I've defended Fletch more than most on this Forum ... but Fletcher on the wing brings me back 3-4 years and we just played dreadful football with him wide in midfield.
I'd rather give Rafael a chance in the wide areas, Fletcher might be needed in the middle anyway with the current problems with Carrick and Hargreaves and with Anderson being in Beijing.
LOL. I was clutching at straws. Fletcher has been playing on the right during pre-season, which is why I think he will play there if needs be.

However, if you look back at my history on this forum you will see I totally agree with you. Fletcher is much more effective playing through the centre and has been simply dire for us on the right.

I am already becoming a fan of Rafael but I'm just concerned that it may be too early to throw him into the Premiership. The speed and relaxed nature of pre-season friendlies are a far cry from the pace and aggressiveness of the Premiership.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Im sure they'll be on the bench but i doubt either will start :( would be nice to see them get a few minutes under there premier league belts if were winning by like 3 or 4 nil

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
we can play silvestre as leftback evra as a left wing and giggs at the right
this way is not good
but it will work better than using the bra twins
cuz they dont have any experience and they have never played in a pro league

Example
rooney tevez
evra carrick hargreaves giggs
silvestre vida rio neville
van der sar

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
abojodeh said:
we can play silvestre as leftback evra as a left wing and giggs at the right
this way is not good
but it will work better than using the bra twins
cuz they dont have any experience and they have never played in a pro league

Example
rooney tevez
evra carrick hargreaves giggs
silvestre vida rio neville
van der sar
Paul Scholes says he is fit and ready to play, Abo. :p ;)

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
As far as I am concerned the twins are ready to play first team now. Rafael played oh so well, and his brother is supposed to be "better".

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
reddwarf said:
LOL. I was clutching at straws. Fletcher has been playing on the right during pre-season, which is why I think he will play there if needs be.

However, if you look back at my history on this forum you will see I totally agree with you. Fletcher is much more effective playing through the centre and has been simply dire for us on the right.

I am already becoming a fan of Rafael but I'm just concerned that it may be too early to throw him into the Premiership. The speed and relaxed nature of pre-season friendlies are a far cry from the pace and aggressiveness of the Premiership.
Glad we agree on that one about Fletcher then mate lol, im in agreement also about the difference of pre season friendlies and the unforgiving reality of the rough and tough Premier League.

However people keep pointing out they have no experience, well maybe so guys but how do young players get experience ? Oh yes, it's through playing games at the top level, i think they will be excellent options if we need more penertration down the flanks especially when Giggs tires in the latter stages of games, im confident they will make an impression this season, they certainly have the ability.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think that there is no real reason why they shouldn't be tried in the Community Shield as it would just give them so experience and let them become part of the team. And they could be really good on the wing although they are primarily full backs.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i agree, i think it's more benificial to see how they fair against some top premier league players rather then playing Fletch wide on the right, never know it might just help us a hell of a lot in the first few months of the season if they prove to be effective on the wings.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to see them on the wings occasionaly aslong as they are played primarily at fullback.

I don't think Rafael will play RM/RW much but I wouldn't be suprised if Fabio gets a game or two on the left.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
looking at the tough start we have, i would personally say no although Mr Ferguson may have more faith and drop em in at the deep end.

Either way I will be happy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts