Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Villa winning away today at west ham I was starting to wonder can they pull off the biggest shock ever in English football and win the FA Barcley Card premiership ?

Or on the other hand are we being more realistic and predicting a major push towards the Champions League ?

Me I like Villa and I'd love them to make the Champions league in the place of either the bin dippers or Arsenal .

I say them two because I believe its United and Chelsea all the way .

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
fantastic young side.....and people still forget in terms of things won there one of the most successful historically along with united,dippers n arsenal so they have the history and fans behind them.

would love to see it but i'm thinking they'll do well if they break the top 4 stranglehold this season....the major thing they have to their advantage is that they have a board who will put more money in come january, unlike evrton etc when they were in a similar position over the last few years.
against- weak underbelly too many poor results esp at home in matches they should have nailed, also although they can spend money and have a great team on the pitch the squad is still on the light side.

4th place me for this year and that will be some achievement

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
good young team well managed but 4th is best they will manage .

easy to chase not so easy to be persued

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah agree with both of you the thing is if United and the rest continue to buy oversea's .

I would love Villa to do well and make the champions league year after year but not win it like 1981 as Im greedy and dont want any other english club to win it !

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
they have a talented young squad but i think they mightned have the numbers to last in 4th place over the course of the season!

they have the right foundations though they have a top quailty manager a good owner who doesnt get involved and trusts in his manager and backs him 100% they have good fans abit of history and in young and agbnlahour they have two of the best young talents in the league! if they build on their squad and sign a few more quailty players i think they could brake into the top 4 next season think its too early for them yet though would love to see them steal arseanals cjhampo league position

would be sweet:D :p

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Yes they can and Harry Redknapp has said that Martin O'Neill will be the most likely of all managers to get funds in Jan, so he will have the opportunity add to the team.

Maybe get rid of Harewood and buy another striker or some cover for the wingers or fullback positions.

I think MON has done really well by buying young English talent and getting the right type of players in like Milner and Young. Converting Reo-Coker to a right back has also proven to be somewhat of a master stroke IMO. He looks solid in the position when he does play there.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
scottsati said:
fantastic young side.....and people still forget in terms of things won there one of the most successful historically along with united,dippers n arsenal so they have the history and fans behind them.

would love to see it but i'm thinking they'll do well if they break the top 4 stranglehold this season....the major thing they have to their advantage is that they have a board who will put more money in come january, unlike evrton etc when they were in a similar position over the last few years.
against- weak underbelly too many poor results esp at home in matches they should have nailed, also although they can spend money and have a great team on the pitch the squad is still on the light side.

4th place me for this year and that will be some achievement
Agree with all of this. Top post.
O'Neill could be on the brink of something huge and they have a really good
chance of finishing 4th. I would love to see them in the CL next season instead of the Gooners.
They have a great young team with the likes of Gaby and Young and the man Laursen is a beast of a player.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Maybe get rid of Harewood and buy another striker or some cover for the wingers or fullback positions.

I think MON has done really well by buying young English talent and getting the right type of players in like Milner and Young..

i heard tat there going to try and sign kevin doyle in jan he would be a top signing for them imo! but aklso linked with heskey who would work great with agbonlahor like he does with owen with enbgland when they play together!

ya its great to see them doing so well with such a great number of home grown players such a change from the other top teams!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jazz 16 said:
Agree with all of this. Top post.
O'Neill could be on the brink of something huge and they have a really good
chance of finishing 4th. I would love to see them in the CL next season instead of the Gooners.
They have a great young team with the likes of Gaby and Young and the man Laursen is a beast of a player.

Agree with laursen comment its a shame he is in his thirtys . He is a constant menace on corners aswell a real top talent .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
red dave said:
Agree with laursen comment its a shame he is in his thirtys . He is a constant menace on corners aswell a real top talent .
He is just 31 and can have 5/6 more years in defence if he looks after himself.
He has the appetite cos he was injured for so long.
Always been a top player, thats why Ac Milan bought him. Just been very unlucky.
Glad to see him back in business and hopefully in the CL next season.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jazz 16 said:
He is just 31 and can have 5/6 more years in defence if he looks after himself.
He has the appetite cos he was injured for so long.
Always been a top player, thats why Ac Milan bought him. Just been very unlucky.
Glad to see him back in business and hopefully in the CL next season.

Yeah Ive said it before in this thread it would be great news if they did it not only for themselves but also for English football . It has been in danger of turning into the scottish premiership for a few years now . When I say that I only mean the predictability not the quality of football .

Another key to Villa's success is a very solid midfield of Barry , Rio coker and Sidwell which has to be one of the most solid midfield units in Europe at the moment . Add to that the height of John Carew if they decide to go route one they look a real formidable outfit .

Make's our draw there not such a bad result now doesnt it !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts