Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you leave your house and deliberately leave your mobile at home? Do you think you could survive a whole day without it? Everywhere I go I see people walking (and driving) with mobiles burning their ears.

I have seen children leaving primary school switching mobiles on as they leave. Kids in play grounds, used to actually play, now they stand in groups clutching their mobile.

Kids walking along permanenty hooked up and talking. One girl in town spent 10 minutes discussing what colour socks she should buy. How can they afford such lengthy daytime chats?

Drivers are the worst. Big flashy cars abound around here, with footballers and bimbo's driving their Mercs and Lexus etc around. Strange that they can afford such luxurious auto's and not a hands free kit?

What would you do without a mobile?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
The only reason I have a landline at home is for Sky. The only people who call me on it are trying to sell me something. All my mates just call my mobile.

It's not just a persons phone these days is it though? My mobile is also my camera, mobile TV, alarm clock, FM radio, MP3 player etc.

Z

·
0 Posts
I could quite happily live without my mobile. It's more of a hassle than anything else to be on call 24/7. I prefer to be hard to find.

What pisses me off is people who answer their phones on buses and proceed to have the most graphic of conversations at the top of their voices! if my phone rings on the bus it can keep ringing for all I care because I consider my calls personal and not for public broadcast.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Meh, I have a fone, but i'm sure i can live without it. It's more for luxury and entertainment for me rather then relying on it.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I ALWAYS have my phone with me, though I find ringtones obscene and obnoxious so I always have it on silent and let the vibration do the business:eek:
I have some friends who cant operate if the dont have their phone with them. If they leave it at home, the cant concentrate at work or just spend the whole day worrying :rolleyes: these are girls I might add.....

As mentioned above, the worst is when you see big gangs of kids all holding and fiddling with their phones. Go play football ffs or have a conversation with eachother maybe?? kids these days eh :rolleyes:

The funniest thing I find is when your walking around and you see people walking down the road with eachother but both talking to other people on the phone :confused:
I once saw a group of 4 people(3 lads and a gal) walking alongside eachother and they were ALL on their mobiles??? I mean whats the world coming to. Thats just sad imo.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
The funniest thing I find is when your walking around and you see people walking down the road with eachother but both talking to other people on the phone :confused:
I once saw a group of 4 people(3 lads and a gal) walking alongside eachother and they were ALL on their mobiles??? I mean whats the world coming to. Thats just sad imo.
PRETTY SAD!
Haha! I've heard of that but TBH what i hate is when people(mostly girls) purposely put their ring tone on their phone and then answer it to pretend they're talking to someone.. and it's obvious as hell .They stare at you for ages and be all down the phone "Hhahaha, yeah, i know ,Yeah, no no no..*stare back* about what you said?"

I honestly can't live without the thing. Phone-Mp3-Alarm-camera-Video-Internet-Calender!.. i mean common how good are they!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I ALWAYS have my phone with me, though I find ringtones obscene and obnoxious so I always have it on silent and let the vibration do the business:eek: I have some friends who cant operate if the dont have their phone with them. If they leave it at home, the cant concentrate at work or just spend the whole day worrying :rolleyes:
that sounds like a K4T post :D

i've only just bought a phone again i went without one for 2 and half years...i tend to agree with all the posts above...when i go out with the boyz there is couple of lads who are constantly pissing around with there phones, texting and talking to other poeple and it pisses me off big time i go out for a luagh not to spend time on my phone

like dwarf said phones are much more useful these days as radios walkmans and camares but what i don't understand is the poeple who have pics of there birds with jack shit on or performing a sex act and show everyone round the pub (for free, lol) i mean WTF is that about?

·
Registered
43 Posts
andycole9 said:
i don't understand is the poeple who have pics of there birds with jack shit on or performing a sex act and show everyone round the pub (for free, lol) i mean WTF is that about?

Yeah there's so many of them videos flying about. There's a hair dresser in our town who's on one licking you know what;) Guys are just kinda boasting by sending them to their mates and stuff. What girl in the right mind would let you cam her on your phone :confused: crazy BIACH!

·
23,699 Posts
Sounds more like a General Paper topic.:)

Nah, no way I will intentionally leave my mobile phone behind; don't be silly. There was only a handful of occasions when I did forget my mobile phone. And it was extremely uncomfortable, almost painful, as you lost the sense of connectivity, thus feeling like a stranger in a familiar environment. It does make me edgy, knowing that nobody, including your own immediate family, is now able to reach you and also wondering which client or anybody at all could have been looking for you but only left high and dry. And always true enough, you would need a good while to respond or soothe and to respond or delete the numerous messages when you return home.

Not funny at all...

The day I owned my first mobile phone was the day I stopped wearing a watch and using an alarm clock.

I personalise my mobile phone to be me.

I carry pictures of my family with me.

I can take both pictures and video of my children in their pre-school's concerts.

I have a handy calculator with me when my wife 'negotiates' for more allowance.

I can do SMSes, MMSes and emails with it.

I can use it as a radio or MP3 player for my favourite songs only.

I can organise myself more efficiently than to carry a big fat management diary that chokes a donkey.

I can be an accidental hero if I happen to be at the right place at the right time

I also realised the importance of having a mobile phone when you are driving - to take pictures in your favour as much as possible in a minor accident, be it others bum you or you bum others.

I can even surf net and watch TV with it if I want to.

And I was recently taught a few tricks from the forum such as unlocking your car.

And even read elsewhere that I can actually cook eggs with it!!!

Amazing indeed.

But I also learnt that it is harmful to your heart if you put it in your breast pocket because of its radiation, not to use it with the charger plugged in and to use your left ear instead of your right.....

Yes, I can live a day without my mobile phone but I can't FEEL that i am living my life fruitfully or gainfully.

And mind you, I am not even Nokia N Series.

Z

·
0 Posts
Evra-the-ledge said:
TBH what i hate is when people(mostly girls) purposely put their ring tone on their phone and then answer it to pretend they're talking to someone.. and it's obvious as hell .They stare at you for ages and be all down the phone "Hhahaha, yeah, i know ,Yeah, no no no..*stare back* about what you said?"

I was on the bus home frm work once and some girl was chatting away on her phone when suddenly it started ringing in her ear :D She got off at the next stop with a silly look on her face :p

versa said:
I also realised the importance of having a mobile phone when you are driving - to take pictures in your favour as much as possible in a minor accident, be it others bum you or you bum others.
LMAO are you missing a "p" from your keyboard? :D

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I could pretty easily go a day/week without my phone, it would just make arranging plans etc with mates harder.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
andycole9 said:
that sounds like a K4T post :D

but what i don't understand is the poeple who have pics of there birds with jack shit on or performing a sex act and show everyone round the pub (for free, lol) i mean WTF is that about?
*don't give him/me ideas* ;)

Yeah in my town last year, a fella's girlfriend sent him a video of her stripping and then they broke up for some other reason.
The boyfriend texted the video to everyone he knew and soon every 10 year old to 90 year old in the town had it.

I just don't believe in people anymore.....:rolleyes:

*mind you it didn't stop me, you know,* :eek:

S

·
0 Posts
Works mobile phone ? Dont have much choice.

Personal mobile phone ? Dont think i've even switched it on since well before Christmas, can't remember the last time i took it out the house. :eek:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Well, considering the age of some of the members here I am not surprised by their thoughts on mobile phones.

I probably couldn't live too well without my mobile phone, for instance it's such a great thing to have on you when you are out with your mates whether it be at a club or at the cricket. When my internet has been playing up(as it is now) it will be difficult for me to communicate with all my mates, without my mobile.

I always have it on me, as one day it could perhaps save you or someone elses life. Who knows.

A big problem over here is that many deadshits are always on their phone whilst driving and well to be honest people in general find it difficult to drive without an added distraction!

As for the point about children(ie.primary school so maybe ages 5-12 over here) having mobile phones I wouldn't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. I don't think I got a phone until secondary school/high school. There isn't much need for children under the age of 11/12 or even 13 having a mobile phone surely...?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ajant said:
As for the point about children(ie.primary school so maybe ages 5-12 over here) having mobile phones I wouldn't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. I don't think I got a phone until secondary school/high school. There isn't much need for children under the age of 11/12 or even 13 having a mobile phone surely...?
The ones I saw were approx 5 years old, possibly 6.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Personally, I think kids shouldn't have phones. There should be an age like cigs and alcohol. It gets me roused up thinking about that. Just like all the child safety bs. I mean, what happened to kids running around, scraping up their knees and having fun? Now they can't go outside with 50 pounds of American Football safety gear and a leash, but thats all another topic...

I enjoy my cell phone. It's a good convenience. I rarely use it, but it's a good tool to have "just in case" or even to kill a few minutes while waiting on <insert whatever here>.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
I have 3 ...
And if I leave the house without them ...

I just have to go back and get them ...

Don't feel complete otherwise ... ;)

Can't believe these stories here about people pretending to talk when no one is there, lmao......wtf !!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts