Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted here for a while i've been very busy with work and other stuff. Man Utd have been doing very well for me but i wanted to make a thread about another topic today. Today i read on the news that the BBC were making a documentry about how drugs (cannabis) is not that bad. Well i wanted to inform everyone on this site drugs are bad and you should say no to them! Do not let the media think drugs are harmless, because they aren't.

Say no to drugs!

Whatever people tell you cannabis is a serious drug that has massive short term effects and with if it is used in large quanity even for a period of 2 or 3 days it can really start destroying your brain.
I've used cannabis as a drug before in the past as something fun to do with my mates. We did it playing video games quite often and whilst it was fun it was dangerous and now i'm older / wiser i really understand the importance of health, the reasons it is illegal and have more respect for laws.

From my personal experience i have been witness to ill effects on my health. My memory went really bad when i used to smoke weed. People asked me what i had done yesterday for example. Took me 5 minutes to get my thoughts together. It was that bad. As for the short term effects it can give you lung cancer, its the same as smoking a cig. Throat cancer, heart cancer, tounge cancer. It damages memory and other aspects of the brain.

Also whilst you're high you are very much out of control. I remember driving to tescos high as a kite and walking around, i got lost in tescos. Yes, lost. I felt scared. I am not exagerated that. I actually got lost in tescos and begun to get scared. How stupid is that. Also if i'd caused an accident whish is far more likely when high i'd have been in real trouble.

Weed makes you dosile and sometimes i've found in short bursts more active and definately more stupid.

Legalising it will just bring down our nations health and cause more problems on the streets. People will be getting high outside Morrisons. That'll be lovely to have to put up with wont it?

People think legalising it will improve the country, remove crime, safer distribution, cleaner drugs. my first answer to that is that a drug is a drug, it's bad for you clean or dirty. Secondly, do you really think that people will just get stoned at home privately and be safe. Of course they wont. People will get stoned everywhere. It'll damage society.

So Dam' can pull it off, why can't the UK. Dam has a different culture. With respect. Have you seen the problems in the UK. Teenagers (chavs) causing riot. They'll get stoned everywhere. They'll beat people up to get money for weed because they'll get addicted to it when it'll be legal. Adults are just as bad as well. They'll get stoned and not be able to look after their kids. Whatsmore their kids will be forced into passively smoking weed. Babies will even start passively smoking weed. It'll destroy their upbringing.

Anyone who wants weed legalised has not properly thougth about the consquences and are stating that they wont it legalised purely for selfish reasons.

I've not smoked weed in two years and unless something mega happens to me psychologically i doubt i'll have need to. Right now i certainly don't want to. Controlled and once in a while weed can be ok. But our country cannot respect a drug like this and will not just do it once in a while in their own bedroom out of the way of others who want nothing to do with it.

If you are 14 (or around that age) years old at a house party and your mates are lighting up. Its easy to say ok i'll have a toke. It's also easy to say no. If you are that worried about looking cool just get smashed on alcohol and tell them smoking is not for you.

Trust me, not smoking is becoming cooler (since the social smoking ban) than smoking these days anyway. Do you want to kiss someone who has smokey breath. I sure don't. I've not kissed girls before just for that reason.

Also those kids that say, i actually really like the smell of weed. I bet they are liars. Do many people really like the smell or are they just saying that to fit in? I think its disgusting and the reason i used to take it was to just get high and laugh a bit. But as far as the smell goes, nope, nothing special. If you want to smell something nice go take smell some pretty chicks hair or get some Huge Boss or something. They are nice smells. Weed and smoke smells like gone off meat and other horrible things.

I've written quite alot now so i'll end with this,

Final word: Say no to drugs! Drugs like cannabis are dangerious, strong and have long lasting effects. Not just on the taker but friends, family, communities.

Z

·
0 Posts
Alcohol related deaths in 2007: 837,000

Cannabis related deaths in 2007: Can't find any exact figures
for 2007 but in 2001 it was just 3

Z

·
0 Posts
I'm aware of that, but I'm pointing out that people
say cannabis is bad for you and it MUST remain
illegal, but nobody kicks up a fuss when someone
gets drunk and runs over a toddler or something
like that. Alcohol is far worse than cannabis!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I see you went to a lot of effort Richard and that is commendable.
Im sorry if this sounds bad but I pretty much laughed my way through
that post. You are ill imformed and have written down many things
which are not right or dont add up.

You even say 'Controlled and once in a while weed can be ok'.
so which is it? you cant even seem to make up your own mind
so Im assuming you are stoned right now.
I have friends and people I know that have smoked cannabis for
10/20 years and they are perfectly sane/intelligent/working nice people.
Teachers, police officers, firemen, tax men and people working
for the government. These are all people I know who smoke and go
about their business as normal.

You say that the culture cant be like that of Amsterdam and that 'Chavs' will
go around beating people up for weed money?? lmao if all the troublemakers
were stoned they wouldnt be going out mugging people and involved half
as much in violent activities. Its the drink and cocaine that cause all the
fights you see on a weekend. The stoners sit quietly at home....

Legalising it could solve many problems.
Firstly its very good for people going through chemotherapy and/or with
bad forms of arthritis and other medical conditions
It takes the pain away for these people.

Secondly, if it was legalised the tax on it could be used for good purposes
as oppossed to lining the pockets of the gangs and criminals.

Hard/class A drugs are bad but smoking a few reefers wont do anyone much
more harm than smoking cigarettes.
I wont sit here and tell people not to smoke it. Everyone has the choice
and can do what they like.
Drink is a worse drug and does FAR more damage
to families and communities than cannabis could ever do.

-zuco- said:
Alcohol related deaths in 2007: 837,000

Cannabis related deaths in 2007: Can't find any exact figures
for 2007 but in 2001 it was just 3
nice one Z. i was looking for these stats.
and some say that cannabis is worse than drink :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
The documentary isn't to say its ok its to highlight the risks of it...basically the opposite http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080225/ten-bbc-defends-presenter-taking-drugs-5a7c575_1.html

Also those kids that say, i actually really like the smell of weed. I bet they are liars. Do many people really like the smell or are they just saying that to fit in? I think its disgusting and the reason i used to take it was to just get high and laugh a bit. But as far as the smell goes, nope, nothing special. If you want to smell something nice go take smell some pretty chicks hair or get some Huge Boss or something. They are nice smells. Weed and smoke smells like gone off meat and other horrible things.

Your argument would of been alot better leaving this whole paragraph out...its ridiculous...what has liking the smell or not got to do with the health hazards involved in smoking cannabis.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
im sick of people starting this argument. at the end of the day it is just as bad for you as alcohol. if your abuse it, you get effected. whether it is illegal or legal it will both have pros and cons. get over it. its just weed. id rather meet someone on weed that cocaine or other harmful drugs. im a uni student that works part time at an accountancy and i have smoked cannabis here and there as a social thing for two years. when im tight for money it saves me from the boredom on not going clubbing on a weekend. and i have more money in my pocket and better grades than ever before. it all depends on the person, how the drug effects the person, the persons motivation and if they are addictive people or not. and yes chavs would be bad on it but chavs are bad as they are now. it wont make a difference. cannabis is not the issue there.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I admit i'm not the best at debating at arguing, i was trying to get across how bad drugs are. I know lots of teenagers read this site and need to be informed.

Jazz, i by controlled weed i meant prescribed weed. To be used solely for yourself, without passive people around. Anything else is wrong.

I admit legalising might solve some problems but it would cause a much greater problem in the long run. Tax could be used to good purposes for sure.

I am 100% aware that alcohol is bad, probably worse. However alcohol is legal and due to the commercial nature of it it'd be catastrophic on the economy to bad it. Cannabis isn't legal and we are not in the troublesome position that alcohol causes. You can say that alcohol is bad as you much want but these are different topics. Drug abuse is different due to the illegal nature that surrounds it.

Cannabis for you Clarky101 may not be an issue. But imagine a mother cained on weed unable to support her baby, also her baby may also get high by passive smoking. The buying of weed off drug dealers encourages crime or other sorts. You really have to look at a wider perspective.

Legalising it, you remove drug dealers but people will have easier access to yet another harmful susbstance that not only affect themselves but others.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
sorry richard but your pretty wrong about this, i agree with clarky and jazz. Weed can cause problems but so can many other things and althougth i agree smoking at a young age is not a good thing, i think an adult should have a fair choice about what they do.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
wow I'm impressesd SAL, how recent are those photos of you mate? :p

In relation to the thread, I don't do drugs and I don't drink!!!! but I do a lot of other stuff :eek: .......jk!!!!

But I'm sure I'll try my hand at cannabis in the future. :) :smokin: hmmm

The only problem is is that Cannabis is rightfully described as the "Gateway drug" in that it eventually leads to the taking of more serious and dangerous drugs like Heroin and Cocaine. Very dangerous stuff. Drug addicts send shivers down my back. Fact.

Z

·
0 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
The only problem is is that Cannabis is rightfully described as the "Gateway drug" in that it eventually leads to the taking of more serious and dangerous drugs like Heroin and Cocaine. Very dangerous stuff.
Have to disagree with you there, I've got a few friends
who have smoked it for years and never taken anything
else. If you're content to just have a smoke and chill out
then that's exactlywhat you will do. It all depends on the
personality of the person.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
-zuco- said:
Exactly , different drugs affect different people in different ways.
Some can deal with it and others it can affect badly.
As for saying its a gateway drug...thats the common misconception
people have about cannabis.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
by RichardReds

But imagine a mother cained on weed unable to support her baby, also her baby may also get high by passive smoking. QUOTE]

but there are mothers out there on craic, heroin and all sorts.
An alcoholic mother is far worse than a mother who is stoned.
She could still function relatively normal when stoned,
albeit a bit lazy, but there are mothers smacked out on other drugs,
which is far worse.

but Richard you are correct in saying that drugs are bad,
because on a whole THEY ARE BAD.
So well done for highlighting certain issues.
Buit as people have said above its all down to personal choice.
people will do as they please anyway.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
-zuco- said:
I agree, i like you have many friends who do weed. But NO WAY would they touch a drug like cocaine etc.

·
Registered
303 Posts
This thread has made me laugh you have tried to raise a good point but mis imformed.

Cannabis is not a gateway i have smoked it for over 10 yrs and have never tried any other drug, also its not as addictive as drink and fags, if it was legal the goverment would be able to put more money into schools and NHS as to educate people on the dangers of drink and drugs then not as many kids would start taking drugs.
I think the goverment have realised its not that bad thats why they are always down grading it, it will be legal soon.

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
by RichardReds

But imagine a mother cained on weed unable to support her baby, also her baby may also get high by passive smoking. QUOTE]

but there are mothers out there on craic, heroin and all sorts.
An alcoholic mother is far worse than a mother who is stoned.
She could still function relatively normal when stoned,
albeit a bit lazy, but there are mothers smacked out on other drugs,
which is far worse.

but Richard you are correct in saying that drugs are bad,
because on a whole THEY ARE BAD.
So well done for highlighting certain issues.
Buit as people have said above its all down to personal choice.
people will do as they please anyway.
high on craic !!!!!! posted by an irishman .

if drink had been invented now it would have been outlawed . weed now is a lot stronger than a few years ago and carries dangers as does tobacco the biggest killer . legalise anything and its use will rise inexorabilly till the govt cotton on and tax it . the only drug i do is alcohol and wish i didnt

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
-zuco- said:
I'm aware of that, but I'm pointing out that people
say cannabis is bad for you and it MUST remain
illegal, but nobody kicks up a fuss when someone
gets drunk and runs over a toddler or something
like that. Alcohol is far worse than cannabis!
Agreed but not the point. Drugs - any form of drug abuse - is dangerous and should be eliminated. The penalties should be magnified tenfold.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts