Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So fergie named his top players from his time at OT and its interesting what he said about some of his players. Obviously the two i mentioned in the title are probably the best. Ronaldo being the best and cantona being the most influential along with keano in terms of legendary status and what sort of aura he left when he left the club.

But he also says like rooney if he leaves him out, he'd do it by email lmao its a joke ofcourse but it was funny to read and was interesting mentioning the da silva twins already. That'll give them huge confidence with fergie claiming they're 'something else'.

Here is the link

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Manchester United | Ferguson names dream team

pz!:cool:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
was looking at various extracts of the interview from various places. i wasnt suprised by his dream team choices, automatic really. what i did find interesting was this extract:

'In the revealing interview he goes on to talk about Rafa Benitez’s amazing anti-Manchester United rant earlier this season - “Weird. I really don’t know what he was talking about. I’d be amazed if his staff or his players thought it was a good idea” - and says he doesn’t rate Rafa Benitez as one of the Premier League’s top three managers.'

Alex Ferguson interview: The Manchester United boss on Rafa Benitez’ rant, Gazza and his best ever United XI - mirror.co.uk

i had heard rumours he would reveal when he plans to retire but have not seen anything about this yet. could still come about as the interview is 6 page long.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
i had heard rumours he would reveal when he plans to retire but have not seen anything about this yet. could still come about as the interview is 6 page long.
I read some of the interview, only the small part which was published in the Sun. They built up the interview by saying "When will he retire?" and actually hinting that he revealed all.

Basically, he doesn't. He just says he's 67, but he still has the drive and the determination and that his retirement date will be roughly in 2 or 3 years time. Basically, he doesn't tell us anything we haven't heard from him before.

I'll get the quote about it and post it up later so everyone can see what he actually said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts