Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
How can you all say keano has the right experiance but Cantona doesnt?

So Keano managed a team to barely survive relegation, made a shedload of horrid signings, wasting a ton of money in the process....

How is Cantona that far behind? What so if he went and managed to keep Hull or Wigan up after spending £50+ million then he would be worthy?

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Damian said:
What about Fabio Capello?

I mean in 2 years time when Fergie says he's gonna go the World cup will be on and if we (England) lose/win/dont qualify i would think Capello may be calling it a day on international football and want to be back in club football and there's nowhere better to manage is there?
Capello is contracted until 2012. The England job will be his last, he said so. After this he'll retire and enjoy himself (hopefully having won us something)

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
He Has The Ability To Train Them Very Well Encourage And Never Be Dissapoint His Team He Just Luv United No Roykeane Or Queiroz I Would Luv To See Eric King As Manager

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know cantona doesn't have experience & keano would b the ideal choice. But keano didn't have experience when he got the job at sunderland & look how good he's done there. My point is players like keane & cantona have football in there blood and they are leaders. So personaly, i would love king eric to take the thrown if or when sir alex retires. cause it b great to see a legend like him back where he belongs. Wot a player.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
NoxiousD said:
How can you all say keano has the right experiance but Cantona doesnt?

So Keano managed a team to barely survive relegation, made a shedload of horrid signings, wasting a ton of money in the process....

How is Cantona that far behind? What so if he went and managed to keep Hull or Wigan up after spending £50+ million then he would be worthy?
bit harsh on Keano there NoxiousD......

He went to Sunderland when they were in the relegation zone in the Champ...
brought them to the very top, and then consolidated their status in the
Premiership. He was unlucky with a lot of signings that chose to go to more
'glamourous' clubs.

Fair enough some of his signings havent been great, but he
is offloading them quickly if they arent up to scratch.

He has made some great signings like Gordon, Bardsley, Edwards,
Reid and Jones.....
and he will add to that this summer with over 40 million to spend.

Expect a decent challenge next season....most other season's Sunderland
go straight back down.....so he has done very well to be fair.

Keane will be ready for the OT hotseat in a couple of years time....
if Carlos doesnt take over.

back on topic.......Cantona is the unknown quantity, just like he was as a
player. As Carly nicely put in a previous post, he has the 'Je ne sais quoi'
about him ;) He is a legend and if he were to be a manager of United
down the line I would be absolutely delighted. The influence he would have on
the younger players (like he did on the class of '92) would be immense....
ALL the players come to think of it.

Whether he has experience or not may not matter when it comes to
welcoming home the King. Thats my unrealistic view of this topic;)
I doubt it would ever happen but it's still a nice thought........:eek:

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
yangch0000 said:
with total respect to cantona, but he has done nothing to prove himself as a worthy candidate for the job.
it would be fun finding out tho. if the brain he used on the pitch works like that off it then we would be looking at a great manager.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
if there was one guy id take without any experience of managing at all for united it wold be cantona...what a legend...even in interviews its such a great moment to hear him talk

true legend...

i wouldnt ever complain if we got cantona with no experience at all

pz

·
Registered
177 Posts
tony smyth said:
Are you people totally mad? Cantona has NO managerial experience whatsoever. NONE. And you'd put him in charge of one of the top teams in Europe, based on how he used to play?? Lunacy to even think about it.

Brian Robson anyone???
No no no...for those of you who has been saying that Cantona has no managerial experience whatsoever, you are totally wrong..actually he has a great record in managing soccer team..for those of you who have been following the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup should know...he guided the France team to become the champion in 2005 and then 2nd runner-up in the following year..see, if winning the world cup isnt big enough, i dont know what is...although beach soccer is a very different game than field soccer (beach soccer is tougher, ya know), but at least he's proven himself that he has great managing skills, can get results in big tournaments, and most importantly he's got managing EXPERIENCE to prove you wrong..!

I personally very keen to see him taking charge at man utd soon...we all called him the KING by the way..what's wrong with a king taking charge?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
strachan absolutely no chance , he burnt a lot of bridges when he left , eric would be a total gamble but very exciting , would stir the fans up

·
Registered
550 Posts
I wouldn't mind Cantona taking over but if he did I'd hope to hell he didn't end up dethroning his image.

Can you image if he kung-fu kicked Wenger? :eek:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The interview from which these quotes were taken are on bbc's website.

I would like to see what Cantona could do with man utd. He would really bring 11 "artists" and try to make them a winning team and play samba football, but I'm not sure it will be effective.

Cantona is so creative, as a result of his eccentricity, but this could also be his downfall as a manger.

·
23,699 Posts
Me managing Manchester United would be 'beautiful' for football, insists ex-Red Devil

Daily Mail

Eric Cantona wants to return to Manchester United as manager and deliver his 'beautiful vision' of football.

United's legendary Frenchman, who left Leeds under a cloud in 1992 before embarking on a five-year love affair at Old Trafford, told Sport magazine that his approach would be markedly different from Sir Alex Ferguson's Hair-dryer antics.

The 42-year-old, who scored 88 goals in 191 appearances at United, said: 'To return to Manchester United would be an honour. A pleasure. But I must do it in my own style. I will create my own new kind of football - a style, a philosophy of football that has never been seen before. Like an artist.'

'I would love to offer you my vision of football. It is a beautiful vision.'

Cantona won four Premier League titles with the Red Devils before quitting football in 1997.

He added: 'One of the reasons I retired was that I lost my passion. I was young, I had a lot of things to learn and do. Now I have started to enjoy these things.

'Acting. Directing. I will go as far as possible with this. When I feel I cannot go further I will do something else. And I think, then, when it is right... I will be a manager. And I will be a manager in my own way.'

*****​

Right... I would be excited if that comes true.

But Your Majesty, you may like to enrol for some courses to get your coaching credentials first... if you are indeed serious. Think you will make that commitment?

·
23,699 Posts
Cantona: 'I'll be the best manager in the world''

guardian

Time to track the trawler again, because Eric Cantona has tossed a rather fat fish to the seagulls: a declaration that he intends to become the manager of either Manchester United or England.

Since hanging up his boots in 1997, Cantona has played many roles including a slightly wooden actor, a decent photographer and, at present, the manager of France's beach soccer team. Today, however, he told Le Parisien that soon, perhaps after next month's beach soccer World Cup, he will pursue yet another vocation.

"I will return to 11-a-side football just to become the best manager in the world - and that's exactly what I'll become," trumpeted the man whom Manchester United fans still call King. "I will do the job as a creator and an artist. I want to give football something new."

Asked where he foresaw this dream unfolding, Cantona ruled out his native France, saying, "Ligue 1 is miserable. It should be banned! We don't have the best players in the world but most of all the managers are a pain in the ass … they shouldn't be allowed to advocate such a cautious way of playing."

Cantona does not aspire to lead his country, even though he claimed he would do a much better job than either the current incumbent, Raymond Domenech, or the rumoured heir, Didier Deschamps. "Obviously I would be the ideal person to manage France," he quipped. "I would be able to put in place a more attractive style. Deschamps would be just a continuation of Domenech. But I don't want the job and I certainly won't be offered it."

Cantona said his preferred place of employment would be Old Trafford or Soho Square. "English football flows through my veins and I would love to offer my vision to the English because it is a very beautiful vision."

21 - 40 of 55 Posts