Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

New England manager Fabio Capello was pleased with what he saw of the English talent on display in Manchester United's FA Cup clash against Aston Villa.

Fabio Capello was at Villa Park to watch his first English game in person since taking charge, and had as many as 13 players to look at over the course of the game.

Gareth Barry, Ashley Young, Nigel Reo-Coker, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Scott Carson, Curtis Daview, Rio Ferdinand, Wes Brown and Michael Carrick all started, while Wayne Rooney, Owen Hargreaves, Craig Gardner and Looke Moore came on as substitutes.

Rooney was the one who really caught Capello's eye with his late impact, but the Italian coach was left pleased with what he saw in general.

"It was also good to be at a game where a lot of the players were English," Capello said.

"And of course to see a player like Wayne Rooney come on as a substitute in such good form and have a major impact on the game was good for me on my first day."

He also thanked the fans for the reception.

"I am delighted with the reception I got from everyone I met at the stadium," he added. "The fans were fantastic to me and Aston Villa Football Club could not have been more helpful.

"It was very good to start work today.I am now looking forward to seeing a lot of games very quickly over the next few weeks."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts