Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who was at the match? Who did / didn't get a ticket? Anybody got any funny stories from the day, maybe I bumped into you at some stage...

My story... after a serious night of drinking we set off from Edgware road with no tickets armed with cans of Carling (of course) and bank cards... we were 3 Irish and 1 Manc strong and some American bird followed us...

Got to Wembley station at about 1pm (possibly earlier) ... immediately broke into U-N-I-T-E-D ... had a bit of banter with some Spurs fans on the train over... no messing from them (yet)

Checked out Wembely way for an idea of how much tickets were going for ... a lot!

Got more cans in some shop, went up to the Torch and drank outside with a few other United lads, got a good sing song started up and had a bit of banter with the guys there... two of my mates went down to get tickets, me and my other mate stayed around the torch for a bit, they closed the doors so we were worried we weren't gonna see the match... a bunch of United fans gathered outside a pub (cant remember the name of it) nearer to Wembely , it was beside a bookies... the doors were shut but we had heard we would be let in!

In we went ALL United fans! had a blast! One of the characters from Shameless was even there! we were singing non stop...

there was no trouble at all, however the Cops came in just before penalties shut off the tvs and very roughly threw us all out... made no sense why they did that!

so we all legged it into the bookies next door and got the singing going again! you could see the fear on the workers faces praying United would win!! of course we did and the singing went outside... rest is blurry.. i did go back to the Torch to meet my mates, Spurs fans threw bottles at the pub... went back to the pub we were in for more singing and drinking...

Scumbag Spurs fans started on us on the tube... talked my way out of it thank god!

All in all a great day!!!!!!!!!!!! any1 else in that bookies? it was ****in classic!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol good man Eoin! sounds like you had a hoot. You heading over to Manc for the Scouse game?
it was a great day, the United fans were in great form!

i would kill to go to the Liverpool game but my cousins wedding is that weekend... I'm saving my money for ROME!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.