Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is becoming more and more an important game to win as we go for as many trophies as we can and are looking strong.
important question though, as this could be one of/or the most important season ever should what team should we put out against spurs?? a mixed bag as we have done so far and let those players that have got us to the final play in the final or should we strengthen the team and play amore experienced side??
am asking this as spurs WILL really be going for this and it could be a very hard test, would you be willing to risk losing out on a trophy and playing a mixed team of youngsters,squad players with the odd star or discard what we have done so far and send out the first choice eleven???

personally think the lads that have got us this far deserve the chance, as insurance we should have a few big names on the bench

·
Registered
629 Posts
The youngsters deserve their place for the final. It will probably be a mixture of youngsters and maybe some first team players. We will surely have few 'stars' on the bench as a backup if we require to score a few goals to win the game late on.

I think the line-up should go something like this:

Foster

Rafael Evans Vidic Evra

Fletcher Gibson Carrick Nani

Welbeck Tevez

Subs:
Kuzack
Brown
O'shea
Possebon
Giggs
Ronaldo
Rooney

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
yeah this will be a big point in the season. because we are pushing for major honours a loss here could demotivate the team. Im thinking we should line should be

Foster

Raf Evans Rio/vidic Oshea

Park Scholes Gibson Nani

Tevez Giggs

and i think ronaldo must be on the bench if needed switch him with one of the top two

·
Registered
553 Posts
Rahul said:
The youngsters deserve their place for the final. It will probably be a mixture of youngsters and maybe some first team players. We will surely have few 'stars' on the bench as a backup if we require to score a few goals to win the game late on.

Foster

Rafael Evans Vidic Evra

Welbeck Tevez

Subs:
Kuzack
Brown
O'shea
Possebon
giggs
Ronaldo
Rooney
I would be more than happy with that team.

·
Banned
875 Posts
Foster

Rafael Evans Vidic Evra

Welbeck Tevez

Subs:
Kuzack
Brown
O'shea
Possebon
giggs
Ronaldo
Rooney

If we winning maybe bring Tosic on and take fletcher off. If we win this trophy it will be good for the squad :D Tottenham playing crap lately

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Rahul said:

Foster

Rafael Evans Vidic Evra

Welbeck Tevez

Subs:
Kuzack
Brown
O'shea
Possebon
giggs
Ronaldo
Rooney
id go along with that team but id swap JOS and evra and id have berba on the bench just in case we need him! him ronaldo and rooney on the bench just to make sure we have the fire power ;)

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
i'd like vidic in there. although he and rio are absolutely solid, there is something that i prefer about nemanja, especially when playing with evans. i think perhaps there is something of a similarity between evans and ferdinand, which means that vidic will complement either of them better when he plays with them. so vidic and evans together. i think things such as the games either side have to be borne in mind. we play away in milan the week before with no vidic, so he will almost certainly start, and we play away at newcastle on the wednesday. two midweek fixtures either side will mean fergie will err on the side of slightly weaker i would say. not that this would be a bad team.
rooney will probably not start on wednesday, and may get an hour or so against blackburn. i can see inter being his first start and thus i think he will need as much game time as possible to get him into full match fitness and top form
----------foster-----------
rafael--evans--vidic--JOS
nani--gibson--giggs--park
-------welbeck---rooney

bench: pig, evra, brown, carrick, ronaldo, tevez, possebon,

·
Registered
629 Posts
yesuka said:
Foster

Rafael Evans Vidic Evra

Welbeck Tevez

Subs:
Kuzack
Brown
O'shea
Possebon
giggs
Ronaldo
Rooney

If we winning maybe bring Tosic on and take fletcher off. If we win this trophy it will be good for the squad :D Tottenham playing crap lately

To bring Tosic on you first require him to be on the bench:rolleyes: :D :p

·
Registered
629 Posts
cantos red army said:
id go along with that team but id swap JOS and evra and id have berba on the bench just in case we need him! him ronaldo and rooney on the bench just to make sure we have the fire power ;)
Yeah I wouldn't mind John O'shea in the side instead of Evra. I just went through the fixture list.....we play Newcastle away from home just after three days so we might as well play O'shea.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I think Berbatov will be involved 100 % from the begining of the match.

VDS
Brown, Evans, Rio , JOS
Gigs, Scholes,Gibson,Nani
Berbatov, Rooney

subs:
To6ic,Foster,Welbeck ,Fletcher,Fafael, Park,Posedon

Break for Vidic, Ronaldo, Evra,Carick and some of mentioned substitutes.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I really hope we go full strength for this onw. If we end up wiinning the treble at the end of the season, we will be very happy but to say we have won the quad would be that just little more brilliant. If it was sown to me, I would choose this team...

Foster

Rafael Vidic Evans Evra

Ronaldo Fletcher Giggs Nani

Rooney Tevez

Subs
PIG
Gaz
Rio
Berba
JOS
Gibson
Welbeck

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i have thought that the carling cup is the key to utds season since november , it has been obvious that utd haven't been their attacking best and every piece of silverware they win will give them great confidence to a young side in many positions . the carling cup is more important to this team at this moment than many people realise , lets go for the win because spurs will be going for it .

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Think I'd probably go with a bit of a mix.

GK Foster (has been the better of him and Kuszac in the run to the final)

DR Rafael (has been instrumental on the run, fully deserves it)
DC Evans (again, has been great in the run and fully deserves it)
DC Vidic (our rock, need him in the team to give us the best chance of winning)
DL Evra (so important for us, again, there because we need to try and win this game)

MR Ronaldo (our best goal scorer, could well be the scorer of a winning goal)
MC Gibson (played alot in the run, and Ferguson has already said he will be in the team)
MC Carrick (our current best central midfielder, will be important to have someone of stature along side Gibson)
ML Nani (has put in some excelent performances in the league cup run)

FC Welbeck (played excellently in this run and fully deserves to be there, will be great for his development to play in a big final for him too)
FC Tevez (Put in some great performances along this run, and often carried a team without Rooney, Ronaldo or Berbatov)

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I have a feeling one of ronaldo/rooney will play if not both of them. I would not be suprised if fergie decides to play ronaldo upfront again but who would he drop? Wellbeck has not played all the carling cup games so it could be ronaldo and tevez upfront because i dont see fergie dropping tevez for the final.

One thing for sure if that fergie will want to win! Always a morale boost to win stuff at united because its what is expected of us and to achieve your expectations is a great feeling! :cool:

pz!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
We have to remember as well that they wont have Robbie Keane (cup tied),
Jermaine Defoe (injured) and Frazier Campbell playing. I like the team Richie went for.
Id go for that as well. Its gonna be a tough game and Spurs are reigning holders of the cup.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
We have to remember as well that they wont have Robbie Keane (cup tied),
Jermaine Defoe (injured) and Frazier Campbell playing. I like the team Richie went for.
Id go for that as well. Its gonna be a tough game and Spurs are reigning holders of the cup.

Ah i forgot about that. Always nice to know that these players are not going to play against us in the final but they still will be a threat imo if we are too relaxed. Pavluchencko is a good player imo but we should still win if we're fully up for it! :cool:

pz!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts