Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The draw for the Quarter Finals of the 08/09 Carling Cup took place minutes ago and
the English and European Champions were handed a home tie against Blackburn
Rovers

The rest of the draw looks like this...

Stoke City Vs. Derby County
Manchester United Vs. Blackburn Rovers
Burnely Vs. Arsenal
Watford Vs. Tottenham Hotspur

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Quite a decent tie considering Arsenal and Spurs were in there. I'd expect the four Premiership teams to progress to the semis without problem tbh.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Will be a tough game for the kids but I think they should be able to make it to the semis especially because it is at Old Trafford...i am dying to see Fabio play and I hope he makes it for this one!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
decent draw. Blackburn at home is a good one. It will give a few youngsters
the chance to get another game at OT.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i think utd should make a great effort to win this competition this season , we have got to keep this winning roll going , given our uphill struggle in the league .
if we can win this {mickey mouse cup } it will be a great springboard for the remainder of this season and we must GO FOR IT.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
MUFCUM1993 said:
Was personally hoping for an away draw with Blackbrun but Im happy with a home draw.
God i wished it would have been away , its one of our best away venues of the season but it gives us a great chace of getting through to the next round

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
hopefully after his goal yesterday we will get to see wellbeck get a full game under his belt and manucho too! would be great :D would like to see them start up front and also rafeal and fabio evans and possebon to all start! and then a few players who need game time like o shea! should win thios oneand get into the semis :) we have a good chance of wining it this year aswell

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Clarky101 said:
another £35 out of my bank account. damn season ticket cup schemes :mad:

to be honest with you i wouldnt care who united were playing id still pay that 35 a week! m,aybe its because i barely get to see them but i think 35 is very litlle to pay and would love ta go see united play evry week no matter what the opposistion was

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Clarky101 said:
another £35 out of my bank account. damn season ticket cup schemes :mad:
Would you have much hassle selling the ticket? Its an enticing enough tie,
a Prem team at home in a cup quarter final with the prospect of seeing a few of the new stars.
Might even be a sellout?

@Cantos. Its expensive, its about 50 euro + travelling costs etc...and its midweek.
Its poor sodds like Clarky who have to fork out loads all year round.
His avatar might make him look loaded but I reckon he isnt lol

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
cantos red army said:
to be honest with you i wouldnt care who united were playing id still pay that 35 a week! m,aybe its because i barely get to see them but i think 35 is very litlle to pay and would love ta go see united play evry week no matter what the opposistion was
lol are you forgetting the £650 i pay before the season starts and £35 for every cup home game. o and the fact it costs me £60 everytime for me to go old trafford driving and £67 for the train. jesus man im a training accountant not malcolm glazer. considering iv gone every home league game and champions league this season. and iv applied for every away game i dont think im doing that bad. if its a small price to you now ill see in E335 next season :)

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Clarky101 said:
lol are you forgetting the £650 i pay before the season starts and £35 for every cup home game. o and the fact it costs me £60 everytime for me to go old trafford driving and £67 for the train. jesus man im a training accountant not malcolm glazer. considering iv gone every home league game and champions league this season. and iv applied for every away game i dont think im doing that bad. if its a small price to you now ill see in E335 next season :)

i stand corrected:p sorry man thought it was just a obnce off payment ! i suppose your a "qauilty" fan:D would still love to be in ur position though:p sure would you be able to sell it?

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
cantos red army said:
i stand corrected:p sorry man thought it was just a obnce off payment ! i suppose your a "qauilty" fan:D would still love to be in ur position though:p sure would you be able to sell it?
You could always buy it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts