• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 857 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Nathan2k7 said:
aye i think he should be sold and he should get Klaas Jan Huntelaar hes got 23 goals this year does any one agree we should get him

I do i just posted there before u, i think we should try and sign him, he is young as well. His scoring record is amazing!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Torres (no) - 8 goals last seson.
Etto (no) - 2 expensive
Tevez (no) - too many teams want him and i herd 31 mil is his price tag :S **** THAT!

Berbatov (yes) - good record, quick, skillfull.
Huntlaar (yes)- great record, quick, replacment for ruud
Owen (yes) - bargin & a proven goal scorer

·
Registered
185 Posts
Carlos Tevez To UTD?

We have been very strongly linked over the weekend to making a swoop for Carlos Tevez which would see UTD snatching the Argentine star from under the noses of Liverpool. The deal is rumoured to be a loan deal for next season, then a fee being paid in the summer of 2008 if UTD choose to keep him.
Ferguson has been quoted as saying that he seriously considered taking Tevez and Mascherano last summer when they were offered to UTD but the club pulled out of any deal after being unsure of the complications the deal might bring (as was subsequently proved during the season at West Ham).
However UTD now seem prepared to bring Tevez in on loan for a season, based on the outcome of the Premier League inquiry hearing involving West Ham, and should all go well for the 07/08 season and should Tevez keep the sort of form at UTD that he showed in the latter half of the season at West Ham, then a fee anywhere between £14- £25 mil would be paid at the seasons end.
But Inter Milan are set to offer a cash up front deal in the region of £34 mil to sign the player now.

Personally I find this possible deal quite intriguing. I believe Tevez could be a MAJOR asset for us, but also that he might just be a little too similar to Rooney in the type of game he plays. However, if SAF decides to keep Saha and he remains fit for the best part of the season, A mix of Rooney, Tevez, Saha and Ole off the bench could serve us pretty well next season, and don't forget that we have anderson as a possible attacking/forward option too. I'm still not sure that we need this 'out and out' goalscorer that we apparently need so badly, I think it's more important to get a good, solid partnership for the most part of the season, and to have lots of different options to back it up ( as was shown in 98/99 ).

What do you all think people??
Any chance of Tevez?? Do you want him?? Or should we be going for a Torres/Huuntelar/Eto Etc???

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I think Fergie is going for Tevez because the other targets are not looking too likely at the moment. I think the main men United were/are looking at are Berbatov, Torres, Huntelaar and Eto'o. Berbatov said he wants to stay at Spurs. Eto'o says he will stay at the Nou Camp and I dont think we could afford him anyway. Torres the same sort of thing and it looks like Juventus might beat us to Huntelaar's signature. With all this in mind, Fergie has tried to get in the mix for Tevez. I reckon he would go to Inter or Madrid before us but you never know.

Tevez is clearly a top player and I think he would fit in really well at United. I totally agree with you Digby about the mix of Rooney, Tevez, Saha and Ole and potentially Anderson. It could prove to be a lethal mix. We cant forget Smith and Rossi too. Not sure who will stay or go but we need one more striker. I would prefer a Berbatov, Eto'o or Huntelaar but if they are unobtainable well then I think Tevez is the next best bet.

You might also be right about not having to buy this "out and out" goalscorer. We sold Ruud and he got 33 goals this season for Madrid but did we miss him? Debatable but I dont think we did miss him apart from maybe one or two matches.

Anyway good thoughts Digby and we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I c Fergie trying to bring back the good ole Cole n York daiz...not two 30 goals a season buh 2 very high scoring strikers who compined to score a huge amount..and had a great relationship...I wouldnt b suprised he has tried for a target man and is not working out tht he is not looking at the option i think it ould potentially b gr8 if tevez gets the language and then has a link up play wid rooney would be class.

i wud b happy to see him come...he can hold up the ball he may be small but is sturdy...we jus play our high balls a little lower and flatter then...we didnt rele score a lot of headers this season anyway...apart from corners where we got two tall centre halfs

·
Registered
49 Posts
I hope they sign with him. I admire Berbatov and I said before he's the best striker UTD can get. But I love Argentine and i love argentinian players.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tevez to United!!

News has be surfacing that Carlos Tevez is being signed by United. How true this is I have no clue? But do you think United can sign him? and will he fit in at united?

United close on Tevez!

soccernet.com - July 5, 2007

Argentina striker Carlos Tevez is close to sealing a move to Manchester United.

Click here
The player, source of so much controversy for West Ham last season, is currently on international duty with Argentina in the Copa America.

It is understood however that his representatives and United are close to sealing an agreement for the 23-year-old and he is set to sign once the tournament in Venezuela finishes on July 14.

The details of the transfer remain unknown as Tevez is still under contract for three more years with West Ham.

The Hammers are embroiled in a legal dispute with his agent Kia Joorabchian, who runs the company Media Sports Investment (MSI), after the club terminated an agreement giving the rights to any transfer fee for the player during transfer windows.

Man Utd want 'clean' deal for ace Tevez

tribalfooball.com - July 05, 2007

A Manchester United delegation are in South America attempting to thrash out a deal for West Ham striker Carlos Tevez.

Click Here!
The Mirror says United boss Sir Alex Ferguson hopes to have an agreement for the Argentina international wrapped up inside the next 48 hours.

Ferguson has told his money men to get the Argentine striker and a delegation has gone to South America to get to the bottom of how exactly United can buy the controversial star.

Tevez is playing for his country in the Copa America, but his club future is being decided in talks between United and his handlers - plus former Brazilian club Corinthians.

United hope to sign Tevez for around £20m, but will go higher if necessary. They want to make the Argie a 'clean' signing, without anymore third party interests.

United close on Tevez swoop!
skysports.com - July 5, 2007

Widespread reports claim Manchester United are homing in on the signing of Carlos Tevez.

The Argentine striker is currently on international duty at the Copa America, but rumours of a move to Old Trafford are gathering pace.

Tevez spent last season at West Ham United and scored at Old Trafford on the final day of the campaign to keep the club in the Premier League.

But he is expected to leave Upton Park over the summer, having already opted against joining Italian champions Internazionale.

He has admitted a switch to Real Madrid would hold some appeal, while Arsenal have also been linked with the mercurial front man.

However, reports now suggest Tevez will sign for United in a deal reputed to be worth in the region of £20million.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a long-term fan of the 23-year-old, but has reportedly been waiting for the issue of Tevez's registration to be cleared up.

If United do complete a deal for the former Corinthians star, he would become the fourth major signing of the summer for the Premier League champions following the captures of Anderson, Nani and Owen Hargreaves.

·
Registered
128 Posts
He is a great player and is premiership proven but he is a bit too similar to Rooney and plus I think he is a little bit overrated to be honest.

·
Registered
68 Posts
He is a good player and dont think he is similar to rooney as said by 1luv1utd. He is a player of class. Saha is too injury prone and should go n make way 4 Tevez.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The Carlos Tevez Thread

According to The Times and Thisislondon, Tevez has told argentine team mates that a deal has been done for him to join Manchester United for next season. I don't know the credibility of these tabloids but it will be interesting to see how this situation unfolds. Anyway enough blabbering here's the respective links

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/article2029349.ece
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-23402979-details/Fergie+signs+Tevez/article.do?ito=newsnow&

·
Registered
265 Posts
wld be good if it were true sceptical though, not 4 no £35 million though.
someone else mentioned that 17 yr old brazillian pato he looks quality and would be cheaper,6 years younger than tev-making me feel old!

21 - 40 of 857 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.