Manchester United Talk banner

Tevez - Is he worth all this trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 857 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
i think if true he will be quality for us. Look how well he did in a struggling West Ham side and imagine how much better he could be with Rooney, Ronnie, Scholes, Anderson, Nani, Giggs etc... playing with him !!!

:)

G

·
Tevez would be great at United and I would love to see him in a red shirt. Don't forget he was once fined by his old club corinthians for being spotted in a United shirt, so his heart would be there. I would however have preferred Berbatov but that don't look like happenin so Tevez would be great, especially as Saha is made of plywood!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Breaking News: Press Association claims Tevez is close to signing for United. It could actually be happening. Sky Sports News had it on their breaking news.

·
Registered
58 Posts
HAHA I'm Xcited... Cnt W8... Tevez jus means we gunna hav another cole and yorke partnership...i think this is furthermore encouraging out interchangeable top 4 for more xciting play. I'm luv it...buh guys he myt be a rooney build buh he has got more strength n cna old the ball up...he has got skills....he cn score goals...our future is bright and i hope for great decada to come :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yup, looks like this could well be on. All the signals from people who are (usually) bang on with their information point to Tevez signing for United. Should be one hell of a season!

·
Registered
10 Posts
would be amazing if we got tevez! still feel we would need another striker though
pato maybe? someone young enough to grow with the team i think...
rooney and tevez up front bring on the treble!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well here's a little bit of interesting information. I can't say it's 100% accurate but anyway, apparently Alex Ferguson was seriously thinking about bringing Eidur Gudjohnsen in this summer but Carlos Queiroz wasn't keen so the deal never came about. Queiroz was also the one who set the wheels in motion on the Nani and Anderson deals and shares Ferguson's admiration of Owen Hargreaves. And again it's Queiroz who wants Carlos Tevez to be signed as well as wanting Valter di Salvo - a fitness coach he worked with at Real Madrid - to come to United.

The long and short of it is Carlos Queiroz is being allowed to have a lot more influence over the club both on and off the field as he'll be taking over from Alex Ferguson as manager either after next season, or - I think more likely - after the 08/09 season.

·
Registered
23 Posts
News has be surfacing that Carlos Tevez is being signed by United. How true this is I have no clue? But do you think United can sign him? and will he fit in at united?

United close on Tevez!

soccernet.com - July 5, 2007

Argentina striker Carlos Tevez is close to sealing a move to Manchester United.

Click here
The player, source of so much controversy for West Ham last season, is currently on international duty with Argentina in the Copa America.

It is understood however that his representatives and United are close to sealing an agreement for the 23-year-old and he is set to sign once the tournament in Venezuela finishes on July 14.

The details of the transfer remain unknown as Tevez is still under contract for three more years with West Ham.

The Hammers are embroiled in a legal dispute with his agent Kia Joorabchian, who runs the company Media Sports Investment (MSI), after the club terminated an agreement giving the rights to any transfer fee for the player during transfer windows.

Man Utd want 'clean' deal for ace Tevez

tribalfooball.com - July 05, 2007

A Manchester United delegation are in South America attempting to thrash out a deal for West Ham striker Carlos Tevez.

Click Here!
The Mirror says United boss Sir Alex Ferguson hopes to have an agreement for the Argentina international wrapped up inside the next 48 hours.

Ferguson has told his money men to get the Argentine striker and a delegation has gone to South America to get to the bottom of how exactly United can buy the controversial star.

Tevez is playing for his country in the Copa America, but his club future is being decided in talks between United and his handlers - plus former Brazilian club Corinthians.

United hope to sign Tevez for around £20m, but will go higher if necessary. They want to make the Argie a 'clean' signing, without anymore third party interests.

United close on Tevez swoop!
skysports.com - July 5, 2007

Widespread reports claim Manchester United are homing in on the signing of Carlos Tevez.

The Argentine striker is currently on international duty at the Copa America, but rumours of a move to Old Trafford are gathering pace.

Tevez spent last season at West Ham United and scored at Old Trafford on the final day of the campaign to keep the club in the Premier League.

But he is expected to leave Upton Park over the summer, having already opted against joining Italian champions Internazionale.

He has admitted a switch to Real Madrid would hold some appeal, while Arsenal have also been linked with the mercurial front man.

However, reports now suggest Tevez will sign for United in a deal reputed to be worth in the region of £20million.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a long-term fan of the 23-year-old, but has reportedly been waiting for the issue of Tevez's registration to be cleared up.

If United do complete a deal for the former Corinthians star, he would become the fourth major signing of the summer for the Premier League champions following the captures of Anderson, Nani and Owen Hargreaves.

·
Registered
10 Posts
that could be a nightmare for utd!! i don't really rate him as a no'2 let alone a manager he was the one who f**ked us off soon as the real job came up!! and he went there and got sacked after one season! complete flop! even with one of the best squads in europe, if the boss where to leave i think keano or sparky to replace him, they know the club, the history, the passion!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
A lot of people forget he was a successful manager before he joined United. He's coached Portugal at youth level as well as the full national team, he was also the man in charge of South Africa during the qualifying for the 2002 World Cup - which they qualified for quite easily as far as I remember.

He's also been manager of Sporting in Portugal, the NY/NJ Metrostars in MLS and a Japanese team so he has more experience than one poor season at Real Madrid - and it's not that often that a manager at Real can pick the team he wants as the owners tend to decide who should play so I don't know how much he can be blamed for the poor season they had in 03/04.

Queiroz is also the man who got Ronaldo to stay at United after last year's World Cup debacle so I personally wouldn't be too disappointed to see him named manager in a couple of years.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If United sign Tevez, I dont think any team can stand on our way to another treble even Barca cant be any better than us. Pliz let the media rumours be true.

·
Registered
10 Posts
fair point he's got some experiance on a national scale but do you really think he's good enough to take utd forward into the next decade for instance

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
1348pm: A wee twist in the Carlos Tevez saga. The Argentinian striker reckons that there has been no contact as yet with the Premiership champions, although he did remember to mention that he is flattered by their interest.

Hmmm

·
Registered
185 Posts
Tevez And Formation

As has been widely reported, both in the press and on here, it's looking almost a certainty that UTD are on the brink of confirming the transfer of Carlos Tevez.
I've just heard a report from highly respected football writer Gabriel Marcotti that UTD plan to use a 4-2-4 or a 4-2-3-1 formation next season.
Reports suggest SAF wants to try and stick with, carrick and Owen as holding players, then any 4 from Giggs, Ronny, Scholes, Nani, Rooney and Anderson with one of those playing slightly further up the pitch.
Personally I'm not to sure if this formation will work for us, trying 4-5-1 or 4-1-3-2 etc etc hasn't really worked for us in recent years. IMO UTD have always been at their best with a solid 4-4-2 set up with two wingers and a tough two in the centre of midfield. Its going to be difficult to fit everyone in if we do sign Tevez but its quite a good problem to have I would say??
Tevez is proven quality both abroad and in the EPL so its no gamble at all IMO and at 23 years of age his best is well and truly yet to come, also he would have no language problems to the extent that he suffered at West Ham, as he would be able to communicate with Ron, Nani, and Anderson. Also rest assured that UTD would do EVERYTHING to make sure he settled well in Manchester and learned the english language pretty quickly.
It's looking very good for us but the formation is a big worry if SAF starts to tinker with it, look what happened last time SAF started messing with the 4-5-1 formation a few seasons back.....some abysmal performances in Europe and an embarrassing defeat to City spring to mind.....
Surely we need to stick with 4-4-2????
And with Smith almost certain to leave I believe we should keep hold of Saha for sure, he will give us very different options and the opportunities to rest Rooney and hopefully Tevez, everyone seems to forget how well Louis did in the early parts of last season.
What do you think people??????

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I can't be sure he's the right man for the job, he'd need to be given it for a year or more to see that. On the face of it though he has more experience than either Roy Keane or Mark Hughes and I don't see United appointing an unfamiliar coach when Ferguson steps down, partly because I think Ferguson himself will have a large say in who suceeds him. For that reason I don't think they'll bring in a big name foreign coach who has no experience of the English game, for example a Carlo Ancelotti or a Big Phil Scolari. I think they'll keep it in the United "family" and appoint from within, afterall who better for the new manager to learn from than Sir Alex? And Carlos Queiroz has been doing than for a few years now.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I cannot see us playing 4-2-4. Much morelikely to play 4-4-2 with some pacey wingers. Park, Nani, Ronaldo, Giggs are all good at getting up and down the wings. 4-2-4 implies that players will not be coming back so much which i feel is rather unlikely with the pace of the premiership.

I'm fairly certain Smith will be leaving which is a shame but he was never going to break into the side once Rooney was bought a few weeks after him, coupled with his Injury against Liverpool and being forced to play midfield he just couldn't get his career here going. Shame as he played with 100% effort but he will probably be leaving now.

Louis should be kept even if we get Tevez imo. A very good player with a different style of play. Has scored many very technical goals for us, and some vital ones. He seems to be remembered for his penalty miss in the UCL last season and his injuries. He has though has many good games for us as well and can score goals. If he can get through next season uninjured he'll come good!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hmm, maybe he's been told to say that... I dunno. The Tevez to United line has been everywhere last night / today so I'd be very surprised if there's nothing going on behind the scenes.

41 - 60 of 857 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.