Manchester United Talk banner

Tevez - Is he worth all this trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
841 - 857 of 857 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
he's top class, i regard him as high as ronaldo rooney and rio in terms of ability and influence, absolutely vital and at OT last season he won over so many doubters (i never doubted him, i wanted him to come all through that saga last summer) he's superb and i'd rather lose Ronaldo than Tevez if im honest :) VIVA CARLITO !

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
tevez formed a deadly partnership with rooney that can shake off any defence line
hopefully next season the partnership advance and get better to be just like yorke and cole partnership

·
Registered
550 Posts
As impressed as I've been with Tevez so far, I still don't think he's fired up all pistons. I've seen footage of him playing in the South American leagues and he is actually on a whole different level of phenomenal. I know the EPL is much tougher but still. He usually looks reserved when playing for United. He needs to let loose and go nuts. It's still his first season with us though. Tevez, Anderson & Nani all have much more to offer even though they've already been great. The next two seasons will bring them out of their shells I think.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I would much rather see us keeping Tevez than Ronaldo. (United have supposedly been warned they may lose Tevez if they don't sign him soon, but if Tevez wants to sign then hes in control imo)

He may not be a 20-30 goal a season striker, but you can't argue with his ability, work-rate, passion and the fact that he scores goals at important times.

I admire him as a player and a person.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
ManUtd19 said:
As impressed as I've been with Tevez so far, I still don't think he's fired up all pistons. I've seen footage of him playing in the South American leagues and he is actually on a whole different level of phenomenal. I know the EPL is much tougher but still. He usually looks reserved when playing for United. He needs to let loose and go nuts. It's still his first season with us though. Tevez, Anderson & Nani all have much more to offer even though they've already been great. The next two seasons will bring them out of their shells I think.
As he said...he was exhausted and has been for the last few months. With the summer of rest behind him, he'll be back too 100% and we'll definitely see the best of him next season.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
NateR said:
As he said...he was exhausted and has been for the last few months. With the summer of rest behind him, he'll be back too 100% and we'll definitely see the best of him next season.
Yeah.

He hasn't had a summer off for 3 years, so I would agree. Next season, we will see a better and even more improved Carlos Tevez!

:eek: What a scary thought! (Well, for the opposition! :p)

·
23,699 Posts
Tevez to sign permanent Man U deal at season's end

MANCHESTER, England (AP) - Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez pledged Tuesday to sign a permanent Old Trafford contract at the end of the season.

The 24-year-old Tevez joined United in August 2007 from West Ham, initially on a two-year loan because of the complicated nature of the transfer - his registration being claimed by an investment group rather than a club confusing the issue.

"As I understand it, it will happen at the end of the season," United manager Alex Ferguson said. "There's no doubt in my mind that he will be here next season after signing a contract."

Tevez, who scored in Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Liverpool, says he is happy to stay in Manchester for many years to come.

"From the first moment I came here I wanted to sign a longer term contract," the dynamic Argentina striker said. "It would be wonderful if the chairman could come and put a long term contract on the table for me. I would sign it without doubt."

Tevez scored 19 goals in 48 matches last season to help United win the Premier League and Champions League.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Brilliant news. Already a fan favourite, he could well turn out to be a United legend.
I dont know any fan that doesnt love Tevez. Class act.

·
23,699 Posts
daily mail

Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez left mystified as permanent Old Trafford deal stalls

Carlos Tevez is growing frustrated and mystified about why Manchester United have not asked him to sign a permanent deal.

The Argentina forward is beginning to wonder if he is fully appreciated by last season's double winners and is puzzled as to why promises of a long-term deal have not been fulfilled by the club.

Tevez and his representatives were told by United in July that moves to turn his two-year loan arrangement into a permanent £32million transfer were imminent. They were subsequently encouraged when chief executive David Gill went public on the club's intentions.

‘We have spoken to Carlos and see him as part of our long-term squad,' said Gill during United's pre-season tour of South Africa. ‘The only issue is that we would have to sort out a long-term contract for him.

‘But it's not a problem. We can do it in September, October, November or December. Sir Alex Ferguson has explained it to him and he is very comfortable with it.'

At that stage, Tevez was indeed relaxed about his situation but the £31m arrival of striker Dimitar Berbatov and the fact the Bulgarian was handed the No 9 shirt has caused Tevez to question his place in the pecking order.

It has also now been made clear to Tevez and his agent Kia Joorabchian that a long-term contract will not be placed in front of him until next summer.

United boss Ferguson said recently: ‘As I understand it a permanent deal will happen at the end of the season. There is no doubt in my mind Carlos Tevez will be here next season and signing the contract.'

United stressed last night that there had been no change of heart regarding Tevez's future. Nevertheless, the club did not explain why assurances given to Tevez in the summer have not been backed up by a firm offer. The financial terms of a £32m transfer were put in place in summer 2007 when Tevez came to United after a season at West Ham. All that needs to be agreed is Tevez's wages.

But with football being affected by the credit crunch, it is thought United are not keen on committing to a contract until absolutely necessary, though they will today announce a renewal of their sponsorship deal with Budweiser until 2010.

Also, Tevez will probably seek a pay increase on his £80,000-a-week deal and United see no reason why they should negotiate one until nearer the end of the loan arrangement. Tevez remains content at the club and has privately laughed off stories linking him with United's newly-rich neighbours Manchester City.

If the 23-year-old does decide to leave United his likely destination will be Spain. Tevez said: ‘Ever since I came here I have wanted to sign a permanent contract. I had a very happy first season and I would be very happy if the chairman would put a permanent contract in front of me. I would sign it without a doubt.'

Nevertheless, the former Corinthians player fears privately that he is not as valued as some of his more glamorous colleagues, simply because his style of play is not always as exciting.

Tevez has admitted in public recently that his goal threat has diminished because of the worker's role he is asked to play at United and he is now wondering if this is beginning to influence the club's attitude towards him. Tevez is fighting for a regular place in the United attack. He did not start against Blackburn at the weekend or at Aalborg in the Champions League last Tuesday but was in the team that beat Bolton 10 days ago.

Meanwhile, Paul Ince has warned United fans not to expect Berbatov to have the same incredible impact at Old Trafford as Eric Cantona.

The Blackburn boss claimed comparisons with the flamboyant Frenchman would not help the 27-year-old make his mark.

‘It's a bit unfair to put that pressure on him straight away,' said Ince. ‘Berbatov is fantastic but Cantona was a one-off for me. Dimitar has to put the Cantona comparisons to bed by being himself. His qualities are different to Eric's.'

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Tevez eager for United deal
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4255858,00.html

Red Devils ace happy to secure permanent switch

Argentina international Carlos Tevez insists he would not hesitate signing a permanent contract with Manchester United.

The former West Ham striker, who has impressed at Old Trafford, is currently in the second season of his two-year loan deal with The Red Devils.

Tevez and his representatives were told by United in July that move to turn his loan arrangement into a permanent £32million transfer were imminent, but, as yet, no deal has been finalised.

Committed

Despite the delays in finalising the 24-year-old's long-term future, the all-action striker remains committed as ever to putting pen-to-paper with Sir Alex Ferguson's side.

"Ever since I came here I have wanted to sign a permanent contract," Tevez told the Daily Mail.

"I would sign it without a doubt.

"I had very happy first season and I would be very happy if the chairman would put a permanent contract in front of me."

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
tevez is a fantastic player....read the article....not a problem at all.....the guy is being used as a " worker" but so is rooney at times and they are both fantastic at it - the best in the premier league. goals will come aswell, although can never see him being a 30/40 goal a season guy...he doesn't need to be. SAF is a manager who appreciates what tevez can do more than most in the history of football and isn't a manager who is going to judge a guy by goals and nothing else. am sure the deal will be sorted in time and if it doesn't need to be done right away am sure there is a good business reason why it can wait. tevez shouldn't be worried either he is one of the old trafford favourites..on his way to becoming a proper legend.

·
23,699 Posts
manutd.com

Tevez deal still on course

United have responded to stories in two of today's papers, claiming there is a hold-up in the process to sign Carlos Tevez on a permanent deal.

A club spokesman told ManUtd.com: "David Gill told the papers in South Africa in July that we would hope to conclude a deal with Carlos before the new year.

"That is still our aim. The clocks haven't even gone back yet, so to talk of delays is nonsense. Both the club and Carlos are relaxed about the situation."

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
scottsati said:
tevez is a fantastic player....read the article....not a problem at all.....the guy is being used as a " worker" but so is rooney at times and they are both fantastic at it - the best in the premier league. goals will come aswell, although can never see him being a 30/40 goal a season guy...he doesn't need to be. SAF is a manager who appreciates what tevez can do more than most in the history of football and isn't a manager who is going to judge a guy by goals and nothing else. am sure the deal will be sorted in time and if it doesn't need to be done right away am sure there is a good business reason why it can wait. tevez shouldn't be worried either he is one of the old trafford favourites..on his way to becoming a proper legend.
I am also sure that there is good busines reason for deleyting . May be SAF wants to see Manucho.....
re: 30/40 goal a season guy

If Tevez and Berbatov avoids any serious injuries and not experienced any ,,star wars" for No: 9 shirt , Tevez can score 30 goals.
Rooney also can be 30 goal footballer.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I think that Sir Alex is biding his time too.

We are very fortunate to have a warrior like Tevez in addition to Wayne Rooney, BUT it comes with a hefty price tag. The figure of 30mil is hugely inflated, as it includes his wages, which are 4 million a year. His total transfer fee, inclusive of the 6mil we paid to loan him, but WITHOUT his wages should be about 16million.

That's not bad!

However, I have a feeling Fergie wants to see how Frazier Campbell and Manucho develop. If Campbell developes nicely, but doesn't make the grade, he can be sold for 7mil and that money can be used for Tevez.

If Campbell and Manucho blossom, then maybe it would make more sense to keep Campbell and let Tevez go. Especially in light of the curret economic climate.

I like Tevez, but he's not cheap.

841 - 857 of 857 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.