Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CARLOS TEVEZ was on collision course with Alex Ferguson last night after insisting: I'd love to play for Real Madrid.

The striker dropped his bombshell by revealing a desire to join the club that Manchester United boss Fergie despises the most.

Real spent the summer trying to lure Cristiano Ronaldo away from Old Trafford — making them Fergie's No 1 enemy.

Tevez admitted in a Spanish magazine: “Who wouldn't want to play for Real Madrid?

“Like Manchester, they are one of the best clubs in the world — and it would be a pleasure to play for them.â€

Tevez phoned SunSport yesterday claiming he fears being forced out of United as he has yet to be offered a permanent deal.

He added: “If they don't sort out my future, there are other clubs ready to negotiate with my representative.

“I'm told United will offer me a deal but I don't know.

“I love it at United and the fans are special to me but I also understand football.

“If another club offered me the security of a five-year deal then I'd have to consider it.â€

Tevez has been at United for 18 months on a loan deal. Old Trafford bosses have always said he would get a permanent contract and his £32million purchase would be finalised.

And he furiously denies he has made ridiculous wage demands.

Tevez added: “I have not been making all sorts of demands. How could I? We have never had any talks.â€

New Real boss Juande Ramos is keen on Tevez and the player says he would love to face Barcelona ace and pal Lionel Messi.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2098889.ece

Speculation is rife over Carlos Tevez's long-term future at Manchester United. He is yet to be offered a permanent contract - his two-year loan expires at season's end - and clubs across Europe are lining up for his signature.

Real Madrid are thought to be at the head of the queue. They enquired about the Argentine forward before he joined the Red Devils from West Ham United in the summer of 2007, and have been keeping tabs on him ever since.

And the admiration is mutual, as the 24-year-old has confessed that he would be overjoyed to don the famous white strip of the Bernabeu giants.

"Who wouldn't want to play for Real Madrid?" The Sun quoted Tevez as having said in 'a Spanish magazine'.

"Like Manchester, they are one of the best clubs in the world — and it would be a pleasure to play for them."

These alleged comments come less than 24 hours after the former Corinthians star declared that he would strongly consider any and all offers that might come his way.

Thus, it appears United will have to work fast if they wish to tie down Tevez, although they still seem reluctant to meet the pre-agree €34 million fee.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1710/manchester-united/2009/01/06/1044043/carlos-tevez-id-love-to-join-real-madrid

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how reliable this is but if its true I'll be really disappointed in him . Especially after Madrids antics with Ronaldo. If he has to go he should go to Barca or milan.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez has risked incurring the wrath of Sir Alex Ferguson by claiming he is unhappy with how the club has handled his transfer talks.

It has been reported the two parties are some way apart with regards to agreeing personal terms and Ferguson has claimed he has 'no idea' about when Tevez's future will be resolved.

In recent days Tevez and his representatives have spoken of a desire to thrash out terms that would allow the Argentine to prolong his stay at Old Trafford.

However, in an interview on Argentinean radio, the 24-year-old has now claimed he has had no offer from United, while admitting he has been upset with some of the things that have been said since the opening of the transfer window.

"I didn't like him (Ferguson) saying I didn't like the offer I was made because neither my agent nor me were given one," the Argentina international, whose deal runs out in the summer, told Radio del Plata.

"I don't know anything on my future. United know what they must pay if they want me to stay.

"I want to stay but the club have not made any offer. I've been waiting for them for a year and a half."
Equal footing

The ongoing saga has prompted reports that Tevez, who joined United from West Ham in 2007, is a target of Real Madrid, and the forward added: "If I have to quit the club, I want to quit on good terms.

"Now all clubs are on an equal footing. If a club comes to me and offers me a five-year deal, I will accept it for peace of mind.

"I will sign my last contract, and then I figure that I'll go back to Boca (Juniors).

"That could be in four or five years.

"I want everybody to know no offer has been made. I don't like that they are playing with our fans, who show their love to me in each match."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_4750627,00.html

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wazza1989 said:
if u say so. anyway ...i'm sick of all this speculation. I hope it will end soon, though i realy doubt it.
Yeah its getting out of hand, I really liked the guy but I'm starting to turn against him. Maybe its just because CR7 quashed speculation on him so they have moved to Tevez to try and sell papers and I hope its all media bulls**t, but, If the recent reports are to believed, it must mean he's trying to force his way out.

The wage he's looking is unrealistic, We have the best player in the world and he's only getting 120,000, what makes Carlos think he's worth more, and to come out and say he'd consider all offers just for peace of mind and say he'd love to play for Madrid is very unloyal of him. If its true Fergie should let him go now and bring Campbell back if the option is available or maybe give Manucho a chance.

Who needs a player like that at this club. We want to be focusing on Trophies not worrying about keeping players!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Berbatov9 said:
Yeah its getting out of hand, I really liked the guy but I'm starting to turn against him. Maybe its just because CR7 quashed speculation on him so they have moved to Tevez to try and sell papers and I hope its all media bulls**t, but, If the recent reports are to believed, it must mean he's trying to force his way out.

The wage he's looking is unrealistic, We have the best player in the world and he's only getting 120,000, what makes Carlos think he's worth more, and to come out and say he'd consider all offers just for peace of mind and say he'd love to play for Madrid is very unloyal of him. If its true Fergie should let him go now and bring Campbell back if the option is available or maybe give Manucho a chance.

Who needs a player like that at this club. We want to be focusing on Trophies not worrying about keeping players!
hmmm i dont blame tevez for all this. what would you do. if you had no idea if the club you wanna play for want you or not your gonna listen to other offers, his gotta end up somewhere. his showed his commitment by saying he wants to stay but his also put himself out there if we aint prepared to pay the 32mil. as much as i love tevez and what his done for our club 32mil is 32mil, thats a lot of money

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I wouldn't be so harsh on the guy, cause he's a real professional player, he showed real commitement to the club and realy hope he'll remain. I just hope it will end soon by him signin' a new contract. Then, Real will be back on Ronaldo:D

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Tevez's 'Owner' Joorabchian Fans Manchester United Flames

The transfer window is open and, like a full moon, it makes everyone a little crazy. Putting this theory into practice at present are Carlos Tevez and Manchester United gaffer Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Red Devils still need to tie down the Argentine striker - currently 'on loan' from his parent company Media Sports Investments - to a permanent deal.

Over the last week, though, a game of Chinese whispers has developed, with Tevez apparently holding out for a £120,000-a-week deal and threatening to leave for Real Madrid if he doesn't get it.

In response, Fergie has been more coy than usual when speaking about the striker's future, adding to the growing uncertainty.

Now, MSI man Kia Joorabchian, who acts as Tevez's agent, has felt the need to step in and clarify the situation.

Setanta quote him as telling Ole: "There's no issue - Tevez just wanted to clarify that he hadn’t received an offer. Everything's fine.

"He gets on very well with Ferguson. Everything started with a lie written by an English journalist who wrote that Ferguson had said they made an offer.

"The truth is that there are no problems and he's going to carry on playing for Manchester United until the end of the season.

"A permanent deal? It’s hard to know, but from my experience I’d say that anything can happen.

"Plenty of clubs want him, but I can’t name them."

Joorabchian's words will do little more than fan the flames, one would imagine.

In addition to Madrid, some other elite clubs, such as Real Madrid, Inter and Arsenal, are said to be watching the Tevez fiasco closely.

goal.com

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
like i said in a similar thread a few days ago i honestly could'nt see tevez ever signing for utd ,he came here to be in the shop window knowing that he would also win silverware along the way.
tevez is a good player but he certainly ain't great and his goalscoring record is average if you look at the top strikers.his agent has always looked for money and all this nonsense in the media is coming from the tevez camp ,they are looking for a move and they will upset fergie to ensure they get it.
i would let tevez leave utd in january and give wellbeck and frazier cambell some games ,they would bring fresh ideas to the team and a bit more speed to our attacks and a lot more hunger to score goals.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Im going to reserve judgement on the lad until it comes out Fergie's mouth or Teves's that he wants to leave.

I did the same with Ronaldo in the summer I gave him a chance until it came out of his mouth .

The press love a good United story it sells papers no one cares about what Petrov at city says or Brambell at wigan .

United sell papers Ronaldo , Rooney , Giggs etc all sell papers because people would United to fall from power .

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
this all press s**t. the ronaldo episode was the best thing that happened to them. they havent got anything to talk about these days so they are trying to make a repeat of the ronaldo saga

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
If Tevez were to leave United then I would be very surprised if he joined anyone but Madrid to be honest. Can't see him playing for another Premiership club especially not Liverpool, wow Mascherano is there, he's not going to go there when he can join Madrid or stay at United.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does anyone one know what kind of contract he has with MSi. I doubt its for life so theres probably some kind of loop hole where he could be signed for free.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts