Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Negotiations to make Carlos Tevez a permanent addition to United's squad are ongoing, but Sir Alex Ferguson is far from frustrated.

The Argentine is in the second half of a two-year loan deal at Old Trafford, Although both parties are openly keen to make the deal a bonafide transfer, the slow progress has stirred press suggestions of discontent from the media.

However, Sir Alex says: "It's not as if we're short on negotiations – there have been negotiations. We all know that sometimes that can take a long time, and this one is just going along. David [Gill] has been talking to his agent and it's best left to David, he's good at that. I'm used to this over the years, well used to it. You just have to be patient."

The media consensus is that Tevez has had to be patient in a playing capacity this season, playing the role of disgruntled subsitute behind first-choice partnership of Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov. Statistics paint a different picture, however. The Argentine has 12 starts this term, two less than Berbatov and five less than Rooney, and Sir Alex admits such squad rotation is a necessary evil.

"It's not difficult," he said. "When you have a squad of players, everyone gets a share of games. The important thing is that Carlos is making a great contribution. He's started a few games. We're only halfway through the season, and by the end of the season you'll see, when it's all down in print, how many games he's actually participated in.

"There's not one player who's played all the games. They've all had minutes on the clock and they've all had some time on the bench. Some haven't been involved at all in some games, and that's exactly what happens nowadays in the modern use of your squad rotation."

Good or bad, I really don't know. I would definitely prefer Bnzema, VILLA or KUN. Thoughts?

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
I hope he will stay because he is a class player and we need him. I hope a deal will be agreed at the end of January

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
redproudloud said:
Rooney, Berbatov and Benzema sounds so much better than Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez.
Tevez is good but not great.
He is not worth the £22m we need to pay Joorabchiam to keep him.
That would make a total of £32m and no way would anyone pay that much for him.
I say stick him in a parcel with Nani and flog the pair of them off as a job lot.
Even though I agree with you , Thats a n awfully harsh way to put it. :D

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I think the pair of you ^^^ need to learn some respect for a man that without him we would never of won the Champions League or Premier League last season. I think Carlos is a terrific player, a gladiator of a man and i for one would much rather see his name on the team sheet rather than Dimi Berbatov. Surely people can see we're a better side with him in the starting 11, we looked sharpe today untill he was taken off, Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo is as good a front 3 as you'll find in world football and people asking for him to go are fools in my opinion, not many true United fans would agree with you.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
I think the pair of you ^^^ need to learn some respect for a man that without him we would never of won the Champions League or Premier League last season. I think Carlos is a terrific player, a gladiator of a man and i for one would much rather see his name on the team sheet rather than Dimi Berbatov. Surely people can see we're a better side with him in the starting 11, we looked sharpe today untill he was taken off, Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo is as good a front 3 as you'll find in world football and people asking for him to go are fools in my opinion, not many true United fans would agree with you.
I absolutely agree. Great post.

And for the people saying we can't keep Tevez, Rooney and Berbatov happy so we should get Benzema, how on Earth are we going to keep Rooney, Berbatov and Benzema happy? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
goal at anfield - 3 points
goal at white hart lane - 1 point
goal at ewood park - 1 point
goal in lyon - qualification to next round of CL

now thats 5 points he won us off the top of my head last season in the league and theirs probably more i cant think of right now. if we didnt get them 5 points it would of been chelsea's title

thats a goal that helped us qualify to final of CL. if he didnt get that goal the 2nd leg could of gone to penalties cause we only won it 1-0 and penalties could of seen us out

now if you still dont think Tevez aint worth 32mil i dunno who is. because you bring in a player like benzema to help us win both them competitions right?

well looks like tevez done just that in his first season. so 32mil is money well spent for another league title and another CL closer to the scousers silly 5 time song.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tevez is a class act
his determination and attitude to the game alone for me makes him a must sign.
It's no coincedence that uniteds lack of goalscoring coincides with tevez not playing the pace has gone out of the game which IMO is why united are finding it tough to score goals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts