Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
tony smyth said:
Thought he was easily our man of the match, especially in the first half ( though followed closely by Evra). And Rooney's goal was really made by Park's persistence and a left-footed Carrick shot.

There is nothing flashy about him at all, but his vision is superb. There was one point in the first half where he lobbed sweetly over a defender. It looked just like something Scoles would do. Wonder where he learned that??!!

Carrick's already scored twice with his left foot this season. I think he can control his shots more than with his right foot. It's working wll so far.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
forzaunited said:
carrick has really impressed me, you need to have a player like carrick to control and dominate the game. imo i think anderson is more of a central runner who uses pace to make quick 1-2's tbh.

carrick relaxes our midfield and makes some great passes. also hes got two good feet. very underrated player. my only cridict on him is he does not shoot often, but adds do another quality- modesty and disciplin :p
I'm not sure Anderson uses his pace that much tbh.
He has good creativity too, but has just been too content to be defensive and not become more offensive.

I can't disagree with what you wrote about Carrick. it was spot on. I just wished he would play with a bit more urgency and as you say shoot more.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts