Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well...

i don't know why is it that mr. carrick is not included in the current england squad...

i think he's playing exceptionally well, he was great covering the back four and also doing well when attacking. he's passing and tackles were tremendous.

why did the italian exluded him!

mr. capello! michael carrick deserves to be in the england squad!

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
yeah carrcik deserves to play for engalnd he is better than fat fwank and barry :mad:
carrick is the best mid in our team he deserve to play for england
cappelo should be sacked :mad:

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's a surprise, but not as much as the last time he was left out as he was playing much better then, he has had a slight dip recently.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Who is in the England squad? I totally forgot about that yesterday amidst all the celebrating...even though I'm going to the game againt USA!!!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
thats good news i don't like utd players playing meaningless games during the summer they should be holidaying and chilling out,its a pity the others can't pull out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really dont rate Carrick so cant say im to surprised , he has a tendency to be found wanting in big games and hes just to slow and needs to much time on the ball in order to be at his best. Time you dont get at the highest level .

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
He's not good enough, he'll never be good enough to cement a place in the England team, he's been OK lately ... OK ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!

cassidy said:
I really dont rate Carrick so cant say im to surprised , he has a tendency to be found wanting in big games and hes just to slow and needs to much time on the ball in order to be at his best. Time you dont get at the highest level .
spot on!

·
Registered
298 Posts
It's not a big surprise for me. I mean, Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Hargreaves, Cole, Jenas... Do you really need Carrick for the english squad? Carrick plays well but i think he'll join for the world cup.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Bartmu said:
it's all about the name and the fame imo
Thats exactly what I was going to say. :p

Uniteds best midfielder this season imo. Hes been on fantastic form

Because I'm Scottish, I couldn't really give a damn about the England squad ;)

But Carrick is a much better player than at least 4 of the central-midfielders in the squad. Lampard, Barry, Jenas and Huddlestone. But if your being honest, Sven and Mclaren didn't pick him that much either, and when they did, he was usually the first to be substituted or dropped for the next game.

Imo, England should definitely play Carrick. He would add so much to their team.

See this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W6jqE4rMejw

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
eoininho said:
He's not good enough, he'll never be good enough to cement a place in the England team, he's been OK lately ... OK ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!

spot on!
What absolute rubbish , carrick has been outstanding this season and when he hasnt played we have been crap

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
stretty said:
What absolute rubbish , carrick has been outstanding this season and when he hasnt played we have been crap
Yeah.

Anyway who can't see that are either extremely biased, having something personal against Carrick or are just deluded and don't know what they're talking about.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I think the form of Gareth Barry has a lot to do with it. He's a creative holding midfield player like Carrick and you don't really need 2 in the squad.

Barry can also cover left midfield and left back so he's a more useful squad member in that resepct.

·
Registered
298 Posts
manutd004 said:
Thats exactly what I was going to say. :p

Uniteds best midfielder this season imo. Hes been on fantastic form

Because I'm Scottish, I couldn't really give a damn about the England squad ;)

But Carrick is a much better player than at least 4 of the central-midfielders in the squad. Lampard, Barry, Jenas and Huddlestone. But if your being honest, Sven and Mclaren didn't pick him that much either, and when they did, he was usually the first to be substituted or dropped for the next game.

Imo, England should definitely play Carrick. He would add so much to their team.

See this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W6jqE4rMejw
the vid shows exactly his strongest points. he's calm when he's got the ball and he's got the quality to split a defence wide open with his passing.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
From ManUtd.com (What the Papers Say section)

'Like many United fans, The Metro can't understand why Michael Carrick isn't featuring in England manager Fabio Capello's plans. The paper describes him as “one of the finest long passers in world footballâ€, yet Carrick was not named in Capello's latest England squad.'

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
marty davidson said:
so what if he is not there less chance of him getting injured
spot on marty i personally like it when our players dont get picked , we have lost loads of players with serious injuries playing for ingerlund

1 - 20 of 31 Posts