Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carrick in line for £18m Toon return

Michael Carrick could be about to return to his native North East as part of Kevin
Keegan's latest revolution on Tyneside.

Manchester United's former Tottenham and West Ham midfielder was today linked
with an £18m move to Newcastle.

The Daily Star Sunday says Keegan wants the England midfielder to breath life
into the side he inherited from sacked boss Sam Allardyce.

Carrick has only played a handful of games at Old Trafford this season and has
been kept out of the side by the form of Anderson.

If the deal goes through, Manchester United would use the money to help finance
a £30m bid for Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov, according to the Mirror on
Sunday. www.lep.co.uk

·
Registered
406 Posts
"Carrick has only played a handful of games at Old Trafford this season and has been kept out of the side by the form of Anderson."

lol He was out for 6 weeks with a broken elbow and still managed to make 21 apperances. Come on the mirror, you can do better.

·
23,699 Posts
Much prefer "Fletcher To Newcastle?".

The What-Happened Carrick is slowly becoming Michael Carrick...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Carrick won't leave ...he has no reasons......and be sure Sir Alex won't let him go...he's a key asset to our squad...and he won't leave Manchester United..be sure of that

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
he played his best game this season for me agin reading . i think the story is likely to be hogwash as everyone with a pulse being linked to geordies and shearer was saying they need a good midfielder first

nothing to do with post but i keep watching the first video clip in your sig as its priceless !

·
23,699 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
Carrick won't leave ...he has no reasons......and be sure Sir Alex won't let him go...he's a key asset to our squad...and he won't leave Manchester United..be sure of that
Lol. He is your childhood friend?:eek: :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
hope not he is better than hargreaves , fletcher , o shea etc .
valuable member of the squad , would be sorry to see him leave , i think it is all tabloid hype fergie will not let him leave

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Keegan can stuff himself. No way we will sell Carrick to them. Yes we might have over access choices in midfield but that doesnt mean we didnt need all of them. Carrick, Anderson, Hargreaves, Scholes & Fletcher, they all give us variety. Tbh i dont feel that secure with the health condition of Hargreaves but maybe its too soon to judge since he once suffered from a major injury. Anderson as good as he is, i still think he have a lot more to learn (scary knowing how good he already is). Just by knowing we have Carrick on the team is good enough especially after his brilliant performance against Reading. I for once would not want to see him leave & i hope SIr Alex think the same too.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
There is no chance we'll sell Carrick this season to Newcastle or any other team.

He's an important member of the squad and has just started to find some form.

Tabloid bullplop in my opinion.

N

·
0 Posts
hes great player, he did well last few games. If he leaves we won't have teh "depth" alex ferguson was talking about few months ago.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
We don't sell players at united unless they are absolutely not up to it or they fall out with the manager. Carrick is good and there has been no fall out so he wont be sold.

·
Registered
854 Posts
getting rid of him would be crazy. he may not be the greatest midfielder in the world but his simple game suits our play so much. He is a lot better than hargreeves.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
getting rid of him would be crazy. he may not be the greatest midfielder in the world but his simple game suits our play so much. He is a lot better than hargreeves.
He's a different player to Hargreaves.

Carrick is creative whereas Hargreaves is destructive. Carrick is a better passer but Hargreaves is a better tackler. Carrick likes to think about what he does and keep possession and Hargreaves likes to hustle the opposition and brings energy to the midfield. Hargreaves can take penalties, free-kicks and has decent long-shot - Carrick can shoot from outside the box but rarely chooses to do so.

I think they both have great attributes and are vital members of the squad.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
akash_reds said:
if we get 18 mill pounds then i dont have much problems......
but he has been good for us the past few games
aye id jump at 18 mil
been playing well yeah but have scholes hargeves n anderson over him
n if we get volso could be over

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Natalie said:
n if we get volso could be over
An interesting point.

Miguel Veloso at Sporting looks like quite a talent and there have been rumours that we're interested in him.

We may do some business in the summer but I can not see any major transfers going out or coming in during the Jan transfer window.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts