Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Knowing Fergie he isn't going to give up just yet. Hopefully he goes looking around other places though, a certain Rino Gattuso would be good.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well, the appeals are set to start on the 22nd, and during that the prosecution has said they will be pushing for even harsher punishments, so relegation of AC Milan still may be possible.

Even then, I'd expect the verdict to go the other way, but there's always hoping.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Spurs could actually live without him since they signed Zakora earlier in the month. They should accept a 15million bid and make a hefty profit.

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yeah, 15m for a player with no CL experience would be just right and if i daresay we are paying them much more than his actual value which should be around 8-9m.

Let's see what Spurs have got to say, IMO 20m is wayyyy toooo high.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Tottenham would be stupid not to accept that kind of bid, considering they got him for only £3m I believe.

Either way, if the price is that high and we have other options (which are running out, quickly), then we shouldn't pay that kind of money.

If we have no choice...then we have no choice, I suppose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Carrick is simply not good enough.........he is not an attacking midfielder or a defensive midfielder, he reminds of Jamie Redknapp average and overated. They could have got Carrick for a fraction of the price years ago same goes for Van Der Saar , Joe Cole, Defoe and Lennon.
Fergie scouting methods need to be question as lately they have produced nothing only Heinze but Stevey Wonder would have seen how could he was.
gone are the days when players like Ole and Ronnie Johnsen have been signed and turned into bargins unlike nowadays with players like Klebersen, Djemba Djemba , Miller, Ricardo and perhaps even Evra. Questions marks still hang over Smith...he gives 100% but is he talented enough?

·
Registered
83 Posts
i agree with everybody who said carrick is overrated. He has had one good season and has no CL experience. Quality players like hagreaves and gattuso would be much better. With this signing we can't be taking any chances. No more klebersons and djemba djembas. We need someone like de rossi,diarra or david albelda

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yes, I have to agree with you there. 'Proven' is the keyword we should be looking at when looking to splash out so much of money on a player.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Carrick played very well for Tottenham last season. Problem would be his lack of CL experience and I just don't think he has the ability to dominate games like Keano of old did, or even Vieira when he was at Arsenal.

That said, we're don't seem to have many options, do we?

·
Registered
10 Posts
To be fair you can't compare him to Keane/Vieira, he's in the Pirlo, Riquelme mould.
Not good enough for the pricetag and doesn't suit where I see the club going.

·
Registered
166 Posts
well honestly i think carrick is overrated, but who knws wat he might turn into, i mean who expected smith to turn inta a midfielder after beeing a striker for leeds for such a long time..........i think that SAF will make something of the lad (carrick)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Smith actually had been used as a midfielder during his time at Leeds, simply because he couldn't be left out of the side. They had too many strikers can had to accomodate them all, and with his attitude, Smith was moved into midfield because they knew he would still give 100%.

And regarding Carrick, reports are suggesting that he will finally complete a move to United for 15m by next week. True or not true, that's what the papers are saying.

S

·
0 Posts
But i do feel that Carrick will improved at United, Ferguson will make him a better player...

·
Registered
263 Posts
i think Carrick is already a good player and being with fergie will help him and get his value higher for the future. He's exalent at any kind of passes and can play good balls into Roony or Saha and do good passes to the rest of the midfield.

But no way do i think we should of paid that much for a player who does not have enough experience.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts