Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
carrick is in no way overated, he is a quality player, a good passer of the ball and now he has come to united he will only improve.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think he may be viewed as overrated becase people are comparing him to Keane, who he would be trying to replace. He's not the same style of player, and though I still don't think paying so much for him is right, he can add an extra dimension to our midfield. We still need someone to do what Keano did for us though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
People are saying carrick is overated because he is being tipped as the solution to ALL our midfield problems when he is actually just a PART of the puzzle. He certainly is no roy keane but as long as he is the best michael carrick can be then united fans will be satisfied

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spending 15M pound doesnt makes sense... How i hope SAF had secured Zokora instead b4 Spurs does it again with their shrewd dealings.. Sigh!!

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
man.utd.singh said:
i think we need defensive mids like pirlo
Eh? Pirlo is a creative midfielder who needs way too much time on the ball. He can operate well because Gattuso does all the dirty work for him.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I feel we need a goalscorer, Rooney, Saha, Solskjaer and Rossi wont get you the goals Ruud did...

Carrick should be a decent acqusition.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Agreed, the four of them won't score the same way Ruud did. However, if we get someone who can bring the midfield into play better than Ruud did then we could get more goals from there instead.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Tottenham boss Martin Jol insists he holds no resentment towards Manchester United-bound Michael Carrick. Carrick is set to seal his move to United early next week after both clubs agreed a fee for the England international on Friday. Jol was disappointed to lose Carrick, but bears no grudges against the former West Ham man. "No, not at all," said Jol when he was asked if he felt let down by Carrick's decision to move on.

"Michael Carrick was always a terrific servant to this club and he never moaned even when we told him he had to stay a couple of weeks ago. "The only thing he said was that he wanted to go to Manchester United for the challenge and Man Utd are a terrific club.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Seems like Frank Lampard Sr. (assistant manager of West Ham when Carrick was there) and Lee Sharpe would agree with you.

I think he'll definitely improve, question marks still remain about his ability to dominate a game - he's not quite what people would call the complete midfielder, not yet at least.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Has anyone got any pics of Carrick in his new Man utd shirt please?

Anyway, great signing but very over-priced, like all other English gems out there, the English mark is just unreal. However I feel Carrick needs a partner in the centre. Someone with bags of creativity.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Don't you mean the other way around? Carrick has loads of creativity, he's like a Pirlo. He needs a Gattuso.

Here's a picture of Carrick with a United jersey, not in it but he's holding it.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts