Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was our best player on sat after Ronaldo hopefully were going to start to see him play better now somewhere close to his full potental.
He had a gr8 game against Chelsea early in the season but couldnt keep his place in the team, but as we got a few injuries(Scholes, Hargo) he should benefit from a long run in the team. I hope he keeps his place the boy is class.

Carrick and Hargreaves for England.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
i agree... i thought carrick was outstanding on saturday and played to the level he was at last season...it was quite a relief for me that he put that performance in on saturday as i'm a big carrick fan... he has not been that good this season if i'm honest and i was beggining to worry about his long term future with the club...after we signed both hargreaves and anderson and he lost his place.. when he got his chance i was really expecting him to step up to the plate (and i bet fergie was) but he seemed to bottle it a bit IMO ...lets hope he can continue in fine form so when fergie as a fully fit squad it makes his decision of who to play in midfield a lot harder, after all, thats what a big squad is for... competion for places
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on his day he is our best passer of the ball but hisdays dont come along that often at the mo hope he becomes more consistant
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,665 Posts
andycole9 said:
i agree... i thought carrick was outstanding on saturday and played to the level he was at last season...it was quite a relief for me that he put that performance in on saturday as i'm a big carrick fan... he has not been that good this season if i'm honest and i was beggining to worry about his long term future with the club...after we signed both hargreaves and anderson and he lost his place.. when he got his chance i was really expecting him to step up to the plate (and i bet fergie was) but he seemed to bottle it a bit IMO ...lets hope he can continue in fine form so when fergie as a fully fit squad it makes his decision of who to play in midfield a lot harder, after all, thats what a big squad is for... competion for places
I can't put it any better than that :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
alto10 said:
He was our best player on sat after Ronaldo hopefully were going to start to see him play better now somewhere close to his full potental.
He had a gr8 game against Chelsea early in the season but couldnt keep his place in the team, but as we got a few injuries(Scholes, Hargo) he should benefit from a long run in the team. I hope he keeps his place the boy is class.

Carrick and Hargreaves for England.
Seriously, was Ronaldo even better than Carick on Saturday? :confused: I doubt so.
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
i'll just say that 18 mil pounds signing should play week in week out like that and make a difference in the champions league - keep it up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
i dunno about carrick, i think he needs to be playing regularly to keep form / consistancy and make an impact, i like him but hes only gonna be a squad player from now on and hes not good enough, if we got offered 12 million i would snap at it and just keep fletcher as back up to the midfield
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
red_devils4life said:
Seriously, was Ronaldo even better than Carick on Saturday? :confused: I doubt so.
anyone who scores a hatrick is going to get man of the match, Carrick was good but he still tries to do too many killer passes which ends up losing us possesion
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,699 Posts
After our title-winning last season when Carrick partnered Scholes admirably, he suddenly looks out of sorts and pretty low in confidence, as witnessed by the number of times he loses possession unnecessarily.

Maybe it is the arrival of Anderson and Hargreaves that eats into his confidence as automatic first choice unlike last season.

Or maybe it is the lack of consistency due to the lack of games this season.

A bit of chicken and egg issue. More likely than not, however, he is indeed behind Scholes, Anderson and Hargreaves in that pecking order.
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
versa said:
After our title-winning last season when Carrick partnered Scholes admirably, he suddenly looks out of sorts and pretty low in confidence, as witnessed by the number of times he loses possession unnecessarily.

Maybe it is the arrival of Anderson and Hargreaves that eats into his confidence as automatic first choice unlike last season.

Or maybe it is the lack of consistency due to the lack of games this season.

A bit of chicken and egg issue. More likely than not, however, he is indeed behind Scholes, Anderson and Hargreaves in that pecking order.
you 've described it as a Seba Veron syndrome when he had to play alongside Keano. As if Keano sucked out the entire confidence from him
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,766 Posts
carrick was great for us but that doesnt give him an excuse for being inconsistent...............he has to be more consistent than he is right now...........
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,699 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
you 've described it as a Seba Veron syndrome when he had to play alongside Keano. As if Keano sucked out the entire confidence from him
I don't understand.:confused:

CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
you 've described it as a Seba Veron syndrome when he had to play alongside Keano. As if Keano sucked out the entire confidence from him
Ok, think I got your point. But that was not my point.

My point is found in paragraph 2, 3 and 4, not 1, as you may have interpreted.
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
versa said:
I don't understand.:confused:



Ok, think I got your point. But that was not my point.

My point is found in paragraph 2, 3 and 4, not 1, as you may have interpreted.
no. no - i understood mwhat you were trying to say, but it triggered some comparisions to "veron - problem " - he clearly had a self-confidence problem
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,699 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
no. no - i understood mwhat you were trying to say, but it triggered some comparisions to "veron - problem " - he clearly had a self-confidence problem
Oic...

Thought you were debating with me...:rolleyes: ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
andycole9 said:
i agree... i thought carrick was outstanding on saturday and played to the level he was at last season...it was quite a relief for me that he put that performance in on saturday as i'm a big carrick fan... he has not been that good this season if i'm honest and i was beggining to worry about his long term future with the club...after we signed both hargreaves and anderson and he lost his place.. when he got his chance i was really expecting him to step up to the plate (and i bet fergie was) but he seemed to bottle it a bit IMO ...lets hope he can continue in fine form so when fergie as a fully fit squad it makes his decision of who to play in midfield a lot harder, after all, thats what a big squad is for... competion for places
Spot on mandy...
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top