Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now,I'm maybe a little late with this thread but definitely one of the main reasons for our inability to stop opponents from scoring and to dominate the match is carrick's drop in form

he's no longer influencing games like he did a few months ago -

even against porto away he wasn't amoung better players - he was still making a lot of mistakes and we need the old carrick ASAP - his passing is a true gold to us

Z

·
0 Posts
Now,I'm maybe a little late with this thread but definitely one of the main reasons for our inability to stop opponents from scoring and to dominate the match is carrick's drop in form

he's no longer influencing games like he did a few months ago -

even against porto away he wasn't amoung better players - he was still making a lot of mistakes and we need the old carrick ASAP - his passing is a true gold to us
Nothing to do with the injury crisis and suspensions then?

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of Carrick tbh. He's not really my type of midfield and doesn't put himself about enough. I do, however, recognise he is fairly talented player. He can be quite useful.

I don't think his form drop is anything to do with the drop in our performances. It's very hard to maintain that level of perfoemances for that long. He's probably very tired.

I think the loss of our central defensive partnership was more of a reason.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I disagree. His drop in form has contributed to our lack of creativity, not how many goals we've conceded.
that is what i meant when saying "inability to dominate he match " - but having a man down in midfield puts a lot of pressure on our back line - especially when he's one whose job is to defend as much as to create - cos in all those matches ( liverpool , porto,villa,sunderland ) it was like playing without one central midfielder - very tired, unable to defend and to pass

me and cappy were saying back in january how one of the main resons for our defesmse playing so brilliantly was carrick's brilliant control of a midfield - but of course you're entitled to disagree

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i have also got to say i don't really like carrick , he reminds me of a crab always going sideways or backwards i love the players that drive forwards and carrick does not do this often enough even though he has all the skills needed .
any opponent who has a physical presence about him seems to nulify carricks contribution to the game and although i cannot doubt carrick has improved the utd team i still think he needs a very physical partner to put some fight into utds midfield so carrick can prosper .

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have also got to say i don't really like carrick , he reminds me of a crab always going sideways or backwards i love the players that drive forwards and carrick does not do this often enough even though he has all the skills needed .
any opponent who has a physical presence about him seems to nulify carricks contribution to the game and although i cannot doubt carrick has improved the utd team i still think he needs a very physical partner to put some fight into utds midfield so carrick can prosper .

yeah - that's why pirlo wouldn't be pirlo without gattuso

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
I'm not Carrick's biggest fan, I don't slag off anyone in the team if I can help it, but he's not half the player Hargreaves is. We've missed him so much this season. Carrick's alright as a squad player, but that's as far as I would go. I for one wouldn't be that dissapointed if we sold him

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
I'm not Carrick's biggest fan, I don't slag off anyone in the team if I can help it, but he's not half the player Hargreaves is. We've missed him so much this season. Carrick's alright as a squad player, but that's as far as I would go. I for one wouldn't be that dissapointed if we sold him
Another Hargreaves fan. \o/

Welcome abroad mate. Hope you stick around. You've made some great posts so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts

the game has changed in many repects though there is no need for a keane/batty/ince/mcmahon type players anymore and more to the fact that they wouldnt get away with half the tackles they would put in on opposition. i know liverpool have mascherano but he is known as the dirtiest player in england by pro's etc.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
the game has changed in many repects though there is no need for a keane/batty/ince/mcmahon type players anymore and more to the fact that they wouldnt get away with half the tackles they would put in on opposition. i know liverpool have mascherano but he is known as the dirtiest player in england by pro's etc.
Essien? Mikel? Cattermole?

Agressive, strong players still have a place in the PL. Essien is one of the best players in the Premiership.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
i like hargreaves too mate i think he has more to his game than carrick, pity he's struggling with his knee cud of doin with his presence in midfield for the run in, tbh in my opinion carrick wasnt worth the 16million(i think) utd paid for him, he was bought as roy keanes replacement but i dont think he should of been given the no. 16 shirt, because too many people have been compairing hime to keano, he's a gud player, great passin and he can hit a ball too, but i think that when hargreaves is fit he shud start instead of carrick..

·
Registered
458 Posts
I think that our motor is in Central midefiled, if it doesn`t work as it should be, we can hardly win. I agree that Carrick, is not playing good right now, but Anderson is doing good job in past 2 games. We need Carrick, Scholes, and Fletcher to improve themselfs if we want to win CL and Premiership.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Carrick is quality, his range of passing and also his ability to pick out the killer pass is second to none he even gets forward when possible.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
He took 2 van Persie rockets to the head today.
Has had a good season as usual. Steady and solid without being spectacular.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Has been consistent all season. As a defensive midfielder, it is hard to judge his performances as his work is not really noticible, getting into good defensive positions and interceptions. Its why arsenal fans slaye denilson for his bad performances, when the stats show he usually makes more contribution than most other players.

·
23,699 Posts
Has been consistent all season. As a defensive midfielder, it is hard to judge his performances as his work is not really noticible, getting into good defensive positions and interceptions. Its why arsenal fans slaye denilson for his bad performances, when the stats show he usually makes more contribution than most other players.
+2. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts