Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
shouldn't play a full side out as it is only Coventry . . . but Hargreaves might get a run out to try and get him fitter for the Birmingham game and next weeks cl game with roma . . . shouldn't have no worries against Coventry though

·
Registered
788 Posts
I predict a 3-0 United win!

Sir Alex Ferguson is threatening to unleash Wayne Rooney and Louis Saha on Coventry on Wednesday night as Manchester United look to take the first steps towards a third Carling Cup final appearance in six years.

As usual, Ferguson will pack his team with youngsters at Old Trafford, with Northern Ireland international Jonny Evans set for his Red Devils debut.

But the United boss wants some experience in his squad too, so Rooney and Saha could be called on, as will Owen Hargreaves provided the England international has recovered from a thigh strain which has kept him out of his side's last three games.

Manchester United (from): Kuszczak, Heaton, Bardsley, Simpson, Pique, Evans, Lee, Eckersley, Barnes, Hargreaves, Eagles, Hewson, Anderson, Nani, Martin, Rooney, Saha, Dong, Campbell, Brandy

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Justice said:
WHAT? NO, DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, UNITED HAVENT PLAYED SOUTHEND IN 58 YEARS.
Actually they beat us last year in this Cup. It was a great goal by Freddy Eastwood to be fair.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Stephen said:
Think he may be being sarcastic.
Sarcastic yes maybe - but too many people say Coventry is team we dont need to worry about.

They say this for Southend and...............we got beaten.

They say Burton Albion is rubbish and easy and.........they get 0-0 draw......

For these 'small' teams this is the biggest game they will ever face - and they WANT to win and will not take it easy !!!

Maybe if you think Carly ing Cup is not good but they name this after me so I like to win it please, lol............

And a quadruple win in the 50 year anniversary of Munich is what I want !!!!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Kuszcak
O'Shea Pique Brown Simpson
Eagles Anderson Martins Nani
Dong Campbell/Saha he may come on for 20 mins ?

Probably see Roon, ronaldo, Tevez on the bench but doubt they will be risked, maybe one may play.
Not too bothered really, it means more pressure on the lads but i suppose when we field youngsters its nice to see them get a game !

I can see us winning comfortably, id like to see anderson play a full 90, so 2/3-0 ?
Then again we did get knocked out by southend last year :|

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Sarcastic yes maybe - but too many people say Coventry is team we dont need to worry about.

For these 'small' teams this is the biggest game they will ever face - and they WANT to win and will not take it easy !!!

Maybe if you think Carly ing Cup is not good but they name this after me so I like to win it please, lol............

We will play our reserves. We always do. That's Fergie.

I couldn't really care about the Carling Cup, as much as say the league. If we get knocked out, I don't feel sad as much as I would of us losing a vital league game. I see this cup as a trial for the youngsters.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:

AND - don't forget EXETER CITY!!!

Rooney, Saha & Hargreaves to start according to Sky.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.