Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 73 of 73 Posts
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Anderson's God said:
Its only the Carling cup - not Important! Fergie I think agrees!
REALLY ?? :mad:


Ferguson furious with United loss

Ferguson was left seething after United's lame exit to Coventry
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was left "flabbergasted" by his young side's performance after their Carling Cup exit to Coventry.
The Sky Blues won through 2-0 and Ferguson said: "I did not expect that at all. I am not interested in giving reasons or mitigating circumstances.

"We have trumpeted these young lads a lot, so what has happened tonight was a big shock for us all.

"We didn't cope with the battle at all - it was just a very bad performance."

"Some of those players have got good ability but that was very disappointing, believe me. All we can ask now is that they learn from this very quickly."

And he refuted suggestions that the defeat at least reduces the workload on his squad ahead of what could be a long hard season.

"I'm never happy to lose, nor to go out of a cup," he said. "That is absolutely not an issue at all."
Coventry manager Iain Dowie, meanwhile, was understandably delighted, insisting his side's win was anything but a "smash and grab" effort.

"Our display was full of heart and desire, but we didn't come to shut up shop - we passed well, created chances and put pressure on United," he said.

"They may have made changes but in Anderson, Nani, Michael Carrick, John O'Shea, Wes Brown and the rest they had tremendous players who cause you 100 problems in 100 different ways.

"But we kept our shape well, our ball retention was good, and we refused to show too much respect."
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
Thomas G said:
There wont be 73,000 people there though.....
You were right there wasn't - I was right because there were 74000 :p

PrinceZane said:
Isn't the edge of the box 18 yards from goal? Usually there's a nice pretty white line that marks where 18 yards from goal is... :)
Yes there is Zane and everyone knows what you mean.......they just seem to like picking u[p on other peoples errors. Like RD say in his Tolerance and Patience thread we have people from all parts of the world who sometimes use different phrase and terminology (nice word huh) so they need to make allowance for this. You make sense all the time so dont worry what you say or how you say it - everyone knoews what you mean

I warned everyone about this Coventry game - I tell you to remember Southend !!!

For many people to say now this is only the Carling Cup is amazing !!!

How can people just accept a defeat like this ???

I am bloody mad about this - Carling Cup or not this is a game of football and I want United to win every game pre-season Carling Cup whatever !!!

No good to come second - second place is the first loser !!!

And to make excuse and fool your self is no good........you can lie to others but you cant lie to yourself !!!

This Carling Cup means a lot to every team - they are professional sports people and these guys dont accept defeat like many on here ...... plenty of United players WILL be upset this morning just like me.

JUST THE CARLING CUP !!! No it's a defeat and I dont like this ever to happen !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
You warned us Carly and I didn't put any bet on because I was not all that confident about the fielded team. I listened to you because with that team it was going to happen - far to inexperienced.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
Anderson's God said:
You warned us Carly and I did put any bet on because I was not all that confident about the fielded team. I listened to you because with that team it was going to happen - far to inexperienced.
Hmmmmm.....I suppose so but these game are best opportunity for young player to show Fergie what they have and.........they let him down very much last night !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
REALLY ?? :mad:


Ferguson furious with United loss

Ferguson was left seething after United's lame exit to Coventry
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was left "flabbergasted" by his young side's performance after their Carling Cup exit to Coventry.
The Sky Blues won through 2-0 and Ferguson said: "I did not expect that at all. I am not interested in giving reasons or mitigating circumstances.

"We have trumpeted these young lads a lot, so what has happened tonight was a big shock for us all.

"We didn't cope with the battle at all - it was just a very bad performance."

"Some of those players have got good ability but that was very disappointing, believe me. All we can ask now is that they learn from this very quickly."

And he refuted suggestions that the defeat at least reduces the workload on his squad ahead of what could be a long hard season.

"I'm never happy to lose, nor to go out of a cup," he said. "That is absolutely not an issue at all."
Coventry manager Iain Dowie, meanwhile, was understandably delighted, insisting his side's win was anything but a "smash and grab" effort.

"Our display was full of heart and desire, but we didn't come to shut up shop - we passed well, created chances and put pressure on United," he said.

"They may have made changes but in Anderson, Nani, Michael Carrick, John O'Shea, Wes Brown and the rest they had tremendous players who cause you 100 problems in 100 different ways.

"But we kept our shape well, our ball retention was good, and we refused to show too much respect."

What does Fergie expect when you play an inexperienced youth team, you don't become quality over night nor champions! Anderson has barley played, he needs more time and apart from a few others the rest are inexperienced youngsters playing against what is probably a near full strength Coventry side. Even the subs were youth.

It was asking for trouble, and he got trouble.

Its not the end of the world, United are still in the League title race, FA Cup and CL.

Ok I am disappointed to be out but not as mush as some but you can't win everything ever season and these things happen, its football. Its unpredictable!

carlyluvsunited said:
Hmmmmm.....I suppose so but these game are best opportunity for young player to show Fergie what they have and.........they let him down very much last night !!!

They did I agree, ok I wasn't expect a roller coaster ride but I was expecting to at least get a draw. It was shockingly bad and all the news that Rooney and Saha and Hargreaves would be playing was some media story, disappointing to discover not even 1 had made the bench. But thats how you learn, hopefully they have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was left "flabbergasted" by his young side's performance after their Carling Cup exit to Coventry.
The Sky Blues won through 2-0 and Ferguson said: "I did not expect that at all. I am not interested in giving reasons or mitigating circumstances.

"We have trumpeted these young lads a lot, so what has happened tonight was a big shock for us all.

"We didn't cope with the battle at all - it was just a very bad performance."

The Scot made 11 changes to the side that beat Chelsea at the weekend, with the likes of Jonny Evans and Danny Simpson handed their senior debuts.

But the reshuffle backfired as the hosts' lacklustre display was punished by a fired-up Coventry side.

Ferguson added: "You want to give these boys a chance and we have not had the opportunity to do that until tonight.

"Some of those players have got good ability but that was very disappointing, believe me. All we can ask now is that they learn from this very quickly."

And he refused to talk up the benefits of a reduced workload on his squad in what could be a long hard season.

"I'm never happy to lose, nor to go out of a cup," he said. "That is absolutely not an issue at all."

Coventry manager Iain Dowie, meanwhile, was understandably delighted, insisting his side's win was anything but a "smash and grab" effort.

"Our display was full of heart and desire, but we didn't come to shut up shop - we passed well, created chances and put pressure on United," he said.

"They may have made changes but in Anderson, Nani, Michael Carrick, John O'Shea, Wes Brown and the rest they had tremendous players who cause you 100 problems in 100 different ways.

"But we kept our shape well, our ball retention was good, and we refused to show too much respect."

And he urged his side to take their performance into Saturday's league tie against Charlton.

"I knew I would get a response after Saturday's 4-1 defeat to Ipswich, and the team deserve to be applauded. Now we want to take this into the league, starting with Saturday's tie against Charlton, because that's what our bread and butter is."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Pffft Complete joke. The 'kids' have just mucked it up for themselves now. Most of them wont see any first team football this season and frankly it serves them right, It was there chance to shine and they didnt take it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
ARBUCKS said:
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was left "flabbergasted" by his young side's performance after their Carling Cup exit to Coventry.
The Sky Blues won through 2-0 and Ferguson said: "I did not expect that at all. I am not interested in giving reasons or mitigating circumstances.

"We have trumpeted these young lads a lot, so what has happened tonight was a big shock for us all.

"We didn't cope with the battle at all - it was just a very bad performance."

The Scot made 11 changes to the side that beat Chelsea at the weekend, with the likes of Jonny Evans and Danny Simpson handed their senior debuts.

But the reshuffle backfired as the hosts' lacklustre display was punished by a fired-up Coventry side.

Ferguson added: "You want to give these boys a chance and we have not had the opportunity to do that until tonight.

"Some of those players have got good ability but that was very disappointing, believe me. All we can ask now is that they learn from this very quickly."

And he refused to talk up the benefits of a reduced workload on his squad in what could be a long hard season.

"I'm never happy to lose, nor to go out of a cup," he said. "That is absolutely not an issue at all."

Coventry manager Iain Dowie, meanwhile, was understandably delighted, insisting his side's win was anything but a "smash and grab" effort.

"Our display was full of heart and desire, but we didn't come to shut up shop - we passed well, created chances and put pressure on United," he said.

"They may have made changes but in Anderson, Nani, Michael Carrick, John O'Shea, Wes Brown and the rest they had tremendous players who cause you 100 problems in 100 different ways.

"But we kept our shape well, our ball retention was good, and we refused to show too much respect."

And he urged his side to take their performance into Saturday's league tie against Charlton.

"I knew I would get a response after Saturday's 4-1 defeat to Ipswich, and the team deserve to be applauded. Now we want to take this into the league, starting with Saturday's tie against Charlton, because that's what our bread and butter is."
Salford Red posted this about 6 posts above this one :eek:
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,665 Posts
A dreadful display by our youngsters. I think most will now go out on loan in January because they will not have many other opportunities to play for United this season.

I was surprised by how poor Nani played. He's had regular 1st team action but he was one of our most ineffective players.

It's at times like this I'm glad I'm not a season ticket holder, now that they have a compulsory cup ticket scheme. Up to £40 to watch that rubbish? No thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
i am just gutted about dong, from the 2 games i have seen him he hasent impressed at all even resvers games come on, you think he will come in against a premiership team like against villa for an injured tevez or rooney in the attack.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,511 Posts
Scholzee said:
i am just gutted about dong, from the 2 games i have seen him he hasent impressed at all even resvers games come on, you think he will come in against a premiership team like against villa for an injured tevez or rooney in the attack.
Dong is shit.

I'd prefer Giggs and O'Shea up front than that Glazer-bought ****!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,608 Posts
Dont know if its mentioned earlier but Fergie is reported to be "bloody furious" with the kids, he says they let United down with a bad display. Fergie - why did you pick them then?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Pffft Complete joke. The 'kids' have just mucked it up for themselves now. Most of them wont see any first team football this season and frankly it serves them right, It was there chance to shine and they didnt take it.
100% with you. They screwed up bad!!!:(

Red Devil said:
Dont know if its mentioned earlier but Fergie is reported to be "bloody furious" with the kids, he says they let United down with a bad display. Fergie - why did you pick them then?
Thats what I don't get, how can he be furious when he picked the team. Half of them lack serious experience thats why it was so bad last night!
 
61 - 73 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top