Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I got my post from a Celtic forum, but whoever it was...900 pairs of socks. :rofl:

Fooking classic. :rofl: :first: :thumbsup:

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
haha what a legend to come up with such a good prank idea then to actually convince rangers fans to do it is fantastic.

that should go down as one of the all time best football pranks.

i think we should have a thread for the best football pranks

·
Registered
1 Posts
It didn’t happen I’m afraid. This story originated after a Rangers supporter, whilst winding up his fellow Rangers fans, spun this tale about how to get tickets to what was a forthcoming title decider against Dundee United. The story was claimed by celtc supporters who, after being the victims a one of the best wind-ups ever perpetrated by football fans anywhere, Operation Tango, tried to use this story to get back at the Rangers supporters who had taken the piss out of them with Operation Tango.

Here is the link for Operation Tango on YouTube. The background to this is very simple wind up is that Rangers were at Dundee United and celtc were at home to Hearts, Rangers needed a draw (I think) to win the league and celtc needed to win combined with a Rangers loss in order to win the league. It was the last day of the season, so all matches kicked off at the same time.

Bearing in mind this was a rather tense situation a large group of Rangers fans who were at Tannadice had organised beforehand to text some of their celtc supporting acquaintances simultaneously at a prearranged time during both matches and tell them Dundee united had scored against Rangers. They did this and if you click on the YouTube link below you will see the results. Classic wind up.

YouTube - Operation Tango

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
Best thing since United fans flooded the City "what shall we name our new stand" phoneline - and they ended up with the Bell End!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts