Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got a ticket for celtic away and i am really looking forward to going as i have never been to celtic park or ibrox.
The relationship seems to have changed between united and celtic considerably , at one time we were very close to them.
Apart from the fact they are very close to liverpool and sing walk on , i was wondering what other fans views were on why.
I was talking to a celtic fan who said they got treated really badly by the mancs , and i was surprised , he also said just wait till you lot get up there .
I think this must have been an isolated incident and i only saw 3 celtic fans being ejected from the ground , thinking back they were not mingling as they have done in the past

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
I hope we never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever play Celtic or Rangers ever again.

This comes up every time we play them, and to be honest we don't hold either of them in any higher regard as we do Boston United.

They want to be part of our league and be "in with" United. But they're not.

Special relationship. Biggest load of ******** since City.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Over the years a lot of bad **** has gone down between the 2 sets of fans.
Didnt it all start at a testimonial game? Was it Robbo's? or someones, cant remember.
In Ireland most United fans would also support Celtic and have a soft spot for them
(like myself for example although I wouldnt be a big fan by any means)
You get some bad eggs in all sets of fans including ours.
They will keep singing your never walk alone and we will continue to hate it and/or them.
Personally I have nothing against them but I can see why some do.
There is a definite bad history muddled in amongst the friendliness.
You just gotta dig to find it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My understanding of the connection between us and Celtic goes back a long long time ago when United were perceieved as the catholic side of manchester . This is where the connection between the two clubs blossomed because we all know the reason for the fierce rivalry in Glasgow is mainly down to stupid religious crap . . City were seen as the protestant team but not exclusively . I dont want to start any religious stuff .
As far as their scouse anthem goes well what I'm reliabley informed is that Celtic had it first and just like everything else in life the scousers stole it for themselves . You'll never walk alone is the car stereo of terrace songs , poor little scousers could not help themselves from nicking it .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts