Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you won't be interested, but I thought I'd share anyway.

I have just watched an absolutely incredible penalty shoot-out in the CIS Cup between Celtic and Dundee Utd!

I don't think anyone would have seen it, as it was on BBC Scotland (unless it was shown elsewhere or you watched on a stream). The score finished 0-0 after ET and it went to pens.

Most of the penalties were fantastic, and it even went to the keepers. They both scored (Boruc's pen was absolutely amazing) so it started all over again! But then the Dundee Utd player missed before Celtic scored to win the tie.

The tie finished 11-10 to Celtic on penalties!

When it gets uploaded onto YouTube I would definitely take a look (even though you know the score ;) :p)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jazz 16 said:
Nice. Get in Celtic!!!
Someone post a link when its on youtube.
I would think it would be on soon, so I'll check every now and again for you.

I remember a similar situation in the Euro Under-21 Championship semi-final between England and Holland, and it was fantastic as well :p

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
i had celtic in my bet, but it broke down anyway, i was following the game, and it was only when all the other 7.45s had finished and they were still playing that i realised that it was a cup game. i knew it was on bbc scotland, which sky boxes can view as they have a section at the end with every regional bbc channel.
i saw on t'internet that it went to penalties. will have a look, sounds like an epic.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it doesn't look like anyones uploaded it onto YouTube yet, but here's Boruc's penalty (which was probably the best of the shoot-out :p)

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
didn't willo flood miss the vital penalty? i was reading an interview on teletext from him after the game and he said he was supposed to moving to Celtic but the move stalled or something and was playing on his mind :confused:

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
cantos red army said:
didn't willo flood miss the vital penalty? i was reading an interview on teletext from him after the game and he said he was supposed to moving to Celtic but the move stalled or something and was playing on his mind :confused:
Yea he did miss it

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
marty davidson said:
Yea he did miss it
knew it! man he was supposed to be the next best thing when he 1st broke through at city hopefully he gets his move to celtic and it works out!

as for borucs penalty that was utter class :p

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
What a shoot out!!! Can't wait to see it.

Poor auld Willo Flood, Was tipped for better things than Stephen Ireland at Man City. He was always to frail for my liking.... maybe he has beefed up a bit since but he never really impressed me.
But i did hear he has been playing well with Dundee this season.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
What a shoot out!!! Can't wait to see it.

Poor auld Willo Flood, Was tipped for better things than Stephen Ireland at Man City. He was always to frail for my liking.... maybe he has beefed up a bit since but he never really impressed me.
But i did hear he has been playing well with Dundee this season.
hes supposedly on his way to Celtic

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
cantos red army said:
you will get a bad doing off the rest of the Irish for that comment man :eek:
Their supporters sang IRA songs at the site of the Manchester bombings.

I'd like to see anyone rationalize that.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
piazza said:
Their supporters sang IRA songs at the site of the Manchester bombings.

I'd like to see anyone rationalize that.
tbh i don't follow Celtic or even look out for there results i like to see them wining things but i don't really care !

that's a disgrace tbh but there's idiots everywhere the song we've won it 3 times(now:D) without killing anyone springs to mind though

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
You get scum following must teams though.
The entire history of Celtic and Rangers is steeped in Sectarianism. Don't get me wrong, I'm down with the Republic, I have ancestors from there, but singing songs from a terrorist organization is as low as it gets, don't try and push independence on people who don't want to join your country.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
piazza said:
The entire history of Celtic and Rangers is steeped in Sectarianism. Don't get me wrong, I'm down with the Republic, I have ancestors from there, but singing songs from a terrorist organization is as low as it gets, don't try and push independence on people who don't want to join your country.
Why bring that up though?
Would you say united are scum for chanting about Hillsborough?

I don't think you should really bring stuff like this up, every club has those fans.
Plus we don't know if those were true Celtic Fans or just people making the trip to couse trouble <------- thats happened before.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts