Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in order to make a U-turn from attacking Anderson to a real problem of football, I'm opening a new thread to put a finger on Cesc Fabregas who said "**** you" to Rio after they'd scored the late equliser. Funny how no one reacted the way you reacted on Anderson, and it deserves more slating than the thing Anderson did. But then again when seeing the football culture in England , where a player can't celebrate a goal by kissing his emblem in front of rival supporters without being punished ( aka Gary Neville against Liverpool), i can understand where you're coming from.. Fair enough , fair play, but you took it all too far. It bothers me that you all accept that the foul language is an OK type of communication while hand gestures on the other hand are branded non other than disgusting, shocking etc... Why is that ? Did you know that people communicate in different ways ? I for one, when discussing something like to make gestures with my hands... I would have reacted both verbaly and with gestures !Giggs would have urged the ref by words, Rooney by swearing, and Anderson did it by hand gesture. And no one opened a thread how "disgusting" it was when Scholes and Giggs surrounded the ref to book J.Cole for a tackle on Ronaldo. So what if they were right ? Does it give them the right to complain then ? If does, then why can't you complain by hands ? Can someone please try to explain me why is swearing more acceptable than hand gestures ? Don't tell me it isn't, obviously it is , coz I can't remember a single thread about insulting opposition or the ref by a foul language !
But then again, the real issue maybe is the fact that you all don't think that Cesc deserved the card and Anderson was trying to see him booked... If so, then would you have been less pissed if he'd only told it to the ref, using the f word, without gesture, and if so, why ?
Again, I wasn't trying to insult your great footballing culture and history, I was trying to make a point

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
It was hardly an insult to Rio in fairness. Cesc told him to f**k off a few times but thats all. I found it more irritating and possibly slightly amusing if anything that he said it to Rio. It was an outpouring of emotion after having tied the game so late. It must have felt like a victory for them which is amusing in itself. We are the Champions and We are the team to beat and they know this. Cesc showed his immature and feisty side but we will get him back. Rio and the boys wont forget it in a hurry and they will be sure to wipe the smile off Cescs face he next time they meet.

Maybe where you come from CRooney things are slightly different but saying f**k off over here (Uk and Ireland) on the pitch in the heat of the moment isnt a huge deal to most. Play acting and simulation is a much bigger deal to most of us here.

Also, I totally disagree and am shocked at your point:'And no one opened a thread how "disgusting" it was when Scholes and Giggs surrounded the ref to book J.Cole for a tackle on Ronaldo.'

How on earth can you say that???? The tackle was disgusting not the behaviour of Giggs and Scholes. They were rightly pissed off as a tackle like that could have wrecked Ronnies career. I disagree with surrounding refs on a whole but in certain situations it warrants it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you even see the tackle on ronaldo by j.cole that should of been a straight red. Also i agree with jazz on what he said about the way they celebrated at the end that shows the difference in the teams and the manager. So far this season arsenal have played 2 of the big teams us and liverpool and they drew them both and one of them (AGAINST US OBV) was at home how is a draw at home a good result they acted like they had won the title at the end of the match someone should of reminded them that now they have to come to OT and beat us i think it just shows the maturity of the team and so did febregas when he said that to rio idont think rio was to bothered he will just remember it for the nxt match and wipe the smile off his face.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was trying to make a point with this thread... It seems that to you it's acceptable insulting people(???) rather than making a calm point ( hand gesture ).. Yes, I saw the tackle , it deserved the red card, and I think that Cesc deserved the booking too for a clumsy tackle from behind with no chance of getting the ball ( maybe I'm wrond, I don't know ) .
So, the bottom line is Scholes and Giggs did what they thought it was right, Anderson did it his own way. In the heat of the moment also, just like Cesc.... Anderson broke a foot, maybe that pissed him off and he reacted in the heat of the moment. Please, do explain how is waving with a card worse than insulting... I can't accept it. Only because it's acceptable overthere, it doesn't mean you're right, right ?

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
andycole9 said:
wow that anderson thread as really pissed you off big time!
it is mate, coz i've been hearing from all uk fans how they appreciate a clean play, a fair play and stuff, but i think they(you) took it a bit too far... divers should be punished, anderson should be told that over reacting is unacceptable, fair enough.. but gestures...gimme a break... i wonder would have anyone reacted if he'd made that gesture when Cole tckled Ronaldo... If no one would have been pissed, then OK, I apologise for the thread, but somehow I have a feeling people would have been jumping on his back even then

rydersonthestorm said:
In england telling somone to **** of etc isn't really a big deal.
well, probably giving him a finger would piss him off ( aka hand gesture ):p

·
Registered
177 Posts
maybe they see gesturing as "making your points clear to the whole world rather than to the ref only"

for example when they say **** off to each other they dont take it too seriuosly..but when they show a finger to someone, with all those cameras surrounding the pitch, surely the next day they'll be everywhere in the news..

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
ron_aveiro said:
maybe they see gesturing as "making your points clear to the whole world rather than to the ref only"

for example when they say **** off to each other they dont take it too seriuosly..but when they show a finger to someone, with all those cameras surrounding the pitch, surely the next day they'll be everywhere in the news..
good point

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
In the laws of the game, foul and abusive language is a red card offence(not jsut limited to saying it to the officials?). How very little we do see that. It's the way of life these days, most people swear without batting an eye lid or realising what they are doing.

I see play acting, diving, intimidating the referee(gerrard and giggs n scholes in above posts) as more important issues to tackle first. Players shouldn't try sway a referee's decision. That's far easier said then done.

It's not good what Cesc may have said, but verbal sledging is alive in many sports. Trust me, I dish out my fair share on the football pitch. For that I am not proud of and there's really no excuse except for the word...Win.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Here in america (in my opinion) telling someone to f.off is pretty offensive, but raising your hand to show it is more aggressive and ive seen asses beat for it .
hopefully fagregas meets rio real well in the middle for a header at old T. lol

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
BALROG said:
Here in america (in my opinion) telling someone to f.off is pretty offensive, but raising your hand to show it is more aggressive and ive seen asses beat for it .
hopefully fagregas meets rio real well in the middle for a header at old T. lol

asses beat..:eek:

fabregas is young and foolish...like Anderson....they will learn in time...

plus he's Spanish...spanish flair....and Anderson is from south america....

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
me too....it was poor form by Jazz....

wow...andy....where's all your vcash...????:D
i put it all on england and scotland qualifying before the russia and goergia game :rolleyes:

lol :D

cmon isreal

and scotland :D

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
andycole9 said:
i put it all on england and scotland qualifying before the russia and goergia game :rolleyes:

lol :D

cmon isreal

and scotland :D

:D ...lmfao......lol......looks like you'll be cheering on Scouse lands very own ethnic newbie Benayoun....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts