Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that we're able to win it again?!
I'm a little bit worried and wait to see our performance against Inter. I'm sure MU play then will show our chances this year
But what really frightens me is Barcelona, they are in incredible shape this season. Make good teams look average :eek:
Even last year they stood better on the field against us although we've managed to succeed.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Inter Milan is probably the toughest draw we could have got at this stage of the competition. If we make it past them then we have a good chance of winning it but you have to fancy Barcelona on current form.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Its really anyones game at the moment, its far too early to call. You just never know when a great team will have an off day or a smaller team will play our of their skin, which is one of the great things about this competition. What I will say is we have as good a chance as anybody

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I think we have the players and know how to win it, but its hard to as its a knock out competition as opposed to the league where 1 bad result isn't that bad as everyone has a few bad results, so all you need is 1 or 2 bad games and your out.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
BARCA are a team in form. And NO Team can have a magical season throughout where they win 5-0 every game. So this will end - Im hoping for a Barca MU Final. It'll be great. And BTW - Think positive :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
When the final comes IF we get there and IF barca get there, you need to take into account injuries, suspended players etc.

So you never know, both teams could reach the final and messi pulls his hamstring the week before or both Rio and Vidic are suspended. So you just need to see who has nore 1st team players free to play on the night of the game then start to worry then.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
United and Barca are the favourites but in the CL form doesnt count for jack ....
You need your bit of luck in every game and you have to play to your best.
Anyone can win the CL. Sure even the Scousers lucked out a few years back :rolleyes:

Yes we CAN win it, but its too much of a coin flip to really know at this stage.
The Inter games will be tough, a bit like the Barca games of last season.
And apart from Scholesy's goal which was the ONLY difference, they were excruciating games to watch.

Its one game at a time. Lets go on another journey like 68,99 and 08 :D

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
United and Barca are the favourites but in the CL form doesnt count for jack ....
You need your bit of luck in every game and you have to play to your best.
Anyone can win the CL. Sure even the Scousers lucked out a few years back :rolleyes:

Yes we CAN win it, but its too much of a coin flip to really know at this stage.
The Inter games will be tough, a bit like the Barca games of last season.
And apart from Scholesy's goal which was the ONLY difference, they were excruciating games to watch.

Its one game at a time. Lets go on another journey like 68,99 and 08 :D
Agree completely Jazz thats the point I was trying to make. Its really anyones game. We have as good a chance as anybody though, so its definitely possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
3 teams can win it:Man United,Barca and Inter....M.U is the strongest team,Barca is the one that plays the best football and Inter is the more eager.....the outsider could be Rome because they play the final at home.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nothing can be said at this stage of the competition. Sure everyone is tipping Barcelona to win on current form but one bad game and you are out of the competition. There is always a fine line between success and failure and one mistake by the defender or one piece of magic by the opposition and you are out of the competition. Just take a look at the own goal scored by Risse against Chelsea in the SF last season. It's not easy to predict anything at the moment.

I think we can surely reach the semi finals if not reach the summit. I'm really optimistic we'll take out Inter but from then on it's upto who we draw.

Along with United and Barcelona the Scousers are strong contenders for the CL in my opinion although I would like Real to beat them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts