Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any preferences on who wins?
There are some mouth watering ties thats for sure.
Do we want Arsenal to go through or get knocked out?
If they go out then they can put all their efforts into the Prem.
I hope Pool get destroyed, which goes without saying :D
and Im torn between Celtic and Barca who are my 2 'other' teams.
Hopefully we see some great games regardless.

Tuesday, 19 February 2008
Liverpool v Inter Milan
Olympiakos v Chelsea
Roma v Real Madrid
Schalke 04 v FC Porto
----------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 20 February 2008
Arsenal v AC Milan
Celtic v Barcelona
Fenerbahce v Sevilla

Your thoughts on these games and outcomes?

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
TBH, I'd love another shot at AC Milan. They've knocked us out now twice in recent years and we should have been able to beat them last year. It would be a terrific final should both teams make it that far. Wouldn't want Roma, or Inter Milan. They'd be two tough games. If we were going to wi it, I'd rather say we beat AC Milan, then FC Porto, and the same for going out....

If you want to be the best, you have to prove that you are the best against the very very top teams in the competition

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Oh dam. What happened to that competition we were doing, where we were to predict the score-line of each game of the 16 games?

Liverpool v Inter Milan
Olympiakos v Chelsea
Roma v Real Madrid
Schalke 04 v FC Porto- I'm going for Schalke in this.

Arsenal v AC Milan
Celtic v Barcelona
Fenerbahce v Sevilla

Bold teams are who i believe will go through. Not gonna try predicting score-line.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
NateR said:
Oh dam. What happened to that competition we were doing, where we were to predict the score-line of each game of the 16 games?

Liverpool v Inter Milan
Olympiakos v Chelsea
Roma v Real Madrid
Schalke 04 v FC Porto- I'm going for Schalke in this.

Arsenal v AC Milan
Celtic v Barcelona
Fenerbahce v Sevilla

Bold teams are who i believe will go through. Not gonna try predicting score-line.
The predictions are up, but for only some games......;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
What I want to happen,

Liverpool v Inter Milan
Olympiakos v Chelsea
Roma v Real Madrid
Schalke 04 v FC Porto
Arsenal v AC Milan
Celtic v Barcelona
Fenerbahce v Sevilla

What will probably happen,

Liverpool v Inter Milan
Olympiakos v Chelsea
Roma v Real Madrid
Schalke 04 v FC Porto
Arsenal v AC Milan
Celtic v Barcelona
Fenerbahce v Sevilla

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
The_Red_Prince said:
i'd love us to get another crack at Ac milan for sure.Im assured we can beat them if we put in the proper performance
Exactly what I thought! :p

We deserve, another go. The likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Rio, Scholsey......have been on the loosing team twice. They completly deserved to beat us first time round......last year, I still believe that we could have beaten them. Rooney had a chance early on, and on another day, it could have gone in. They'd fear us, IMO. If we were to play them next week, I'd definatly believe that we would/should have the quality to roll them over this time!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
real and inter are the main rivals this year and if its not us picking it up it will be one of them for me . real are having agreat season and inter the same

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I would love to see a united real madrid or barcelona final, just because real madrid along with united are probably the two biggest teams in the world. Barcelona are probably the classiest team and the team which won the la liga and champions league in one season played some of the best football you will see. Also it would be great to see the likes of ronaldo, messi, ronaldhinio, eto, rooney, and co all on the same pitch. The same with a real madrid final, robinho, raul and nistelrooy and co and uniteds big hitters would be amazing. AC milan would be a a great game aswell but a few years back when we played them our players looked out of their depth and last season in the second leg we got outplayed. But forget the final, anything is possible once the knockout stages arrive so lets focus completely about lyon at the moment!

I would like to see inter, madrid olympiakos, milan, barca sevilla to go through and the schlake game i dont really mind. porto united would be an interesting game though. Quaresma on one wing, ronaldo on the other both play for portugal and quaresma outshone ronaldo in the game against italy recently, would be interesting for sure!

I was about to ask a really stupid question in who the other team playin is because u mentioned 7 matches and then i realised its the united game! Kind of hilarious in my world!

pz!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chelsea bored the pants off everyone with a scoreless draw.

The Scousers got lucky 2-0. Materazzi was sent off early for what seemed to be nothing. The ref was clearly paid off.....

Madrid lost 2-1 after going a goa ahead.

Schalke beat Porto 1-0. Not a great night of footit but hopefully tomorrow will be a lot better.

How do the Scousers do it? They are a terrible team yet seem to pull it out of the bag in Europe.....

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
unbelievable !!! this liverpool match should be used on coaching academies to set an example how a match SHOULDN'T be run !!!! Is that Mancini a ****in retard or what ?! Throughout the whole match I was saying that Liverpool has no left side and that Inter's left side can't be run by Stankovic ! He was constantly late ! And then what happens ?! He fails to block Pennant for the first goal and then does the same to Gerrard for the second. Second - Why wasn't Suazo involved ?! I mean - Zlatan was crap, slow and lonely... While Suazo would have added something different - pace and speed for a change. And Vieira ?! Do I really need to mention him ?! He was like an old granny !

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
to be for to zlatan he couldnt do nothing because inter were content with defending all night and to be fair they were hugely unlucky to have been down to ten men....what was the ref playin at?!!? But the match can also be used as an example of how to defend and why playing in italy is so difficult. Say what you want about liverpools performance but for all the ball they had and attacks it seemed nothin was coming off until that little bit of luck with kuyt and gerrard should never have scored that goal. Annoying to see liverpool do it again, i hope they loose badly in milan,haha...but its going to be tough for inter now!!

As for the madrid game, roma should feel very happy with that performance because they didnt play as good as madrid who played quite good actually. They were also missin some players and there best player in robinho would is clearly missed when his not playing. Still madrid SHOULD win at home but with madrid noone can ever predict. One thing they never fail to do is entertain.

The schalke game was interesting, i dont think porto will be too disheartened at loosin 1-0 going back to portugal because they can still do it in front of there own fans. However whether they are clinical enough we will see.

Chelsea make me laugh. They have spent sooo much and whatever team they put out its like a team of superstars yet they cannot play abit of football to save there lives. Seriously some of the stuff they play is soooo boring but they keep winning i guess, thats all that matters for them. I do feel sorry for a player like ballack however, he seems like a player who likes to pass and move and is totally in the wrong team at chelsea. They're still in all competitions though so like one can not be too critical of them i guess...still hope the greeks put them out,lol.

Cannot wait for the games now though! I hate watching CL matches knowing its not united i'm watching!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
At least i got the Schalke vs Porto score kinda right. Even though Real Madrid are down 2-1, I'd expect them to turn this around at home.

I just read read the Lyon Chiefs actually believe the Man Utd defense will crumble if you exert the right kind of "pressure" on them. LOL. How very amusing.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
NateR said:
At least i got the Schalke vs Porto score kinda right. Even though Real Madrid are down 2-1, I'd expect them to turn this around at home.

I just read read the Lyon Chiefs actually believe the Man Utd defense will crumble if you exert the right kind of "pressure" on them. LOL. How very amusing.
We'll se tonight if that's amusing.. We tend to look very amateurish at times... Remember Milan matches, the defeat at Pompey last season, the defeat agianst the hameers this season, the match against Everton last season.****nal match this season too... They draw their conclusions out of our minuses
hey...why am I not allowed to write ****nal ( gonners )...some has done a sloppy work with filter I'm affraid

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
haggler said:
real and inter are the main rivals this year and if its not us picking it up it will be one of them for me . real are having agreat season and inter the same
Looks like we're the favourites now :D

Still expect Real to go through though tbh

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
We'll se tonight if that's amusing.. We tend to look very amateurish at times... Remember Milan matches, the defeat at Pompey last season, the defeat agianst the hameers this season, the match against Everton last season.****nal match this season too... They draw their conclusions out of our minuses
hey...why am I not allowed to write ****nal ( gonners )...some has done a sloppy work with filter I'm affraid
Against Milan, we never had our full strenght back 4. And when Vida did come back, he wasn't even match fit. In anycase, I don't expect Rio & vida to crumble. We'll do just fine today. I'm certain of it.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
NateR said:
Against Milan, we never had our full strenght back 4. And when Vida did come back, he wasn't even match fit. In anycase, I don't expect Rio & vida to crumble. We'll do just fine today. I'm certain of it.
against Milan - fair enough - and what about against the others stated ? Are you so sure that West Ham or Everton, or City or Pompey( last season ) can't be repeated... You can't underestimate anyone mate...and you can't be crtain in anything in football

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
reddwarf said:
Looks like we're the favourites now :D

Still expect Real to go through though tbh
I think we ALL remember what happened the last time Roma had a knockout game at home which they won 2-1 before the return game... :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts