Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Quarter-final and semi-final draws in Nyon, Swtizerland
Date: Friday, 20 March
Time: Champions League from 1100 GMT
Coverage: Live text commentary on BBC Sport website from 1030 GMT. Audio commentary from 1100 GMT. Commentary on BBC Radio Five Live, TV coverage on

Plenty of top teams still in there.

What are your predictions? I'm guessing Liverpool and Chelsea will get an easy draw :rolleyes:

United

Liverpool

Chelsea

Barcelona

Porto

Bayern Munich

Villareal

Arsenal

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I'm hoping for Bayern Munich to get Porto. Or Failing that Roma/Arsenal.

Mainly because I'd love to see Bayern back in the semis. Love that team. :specool:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I wasn't sure if it was this Friday or next.

I wanted it to be this Friday tbh. That might sound impatient, but I'm excited to see who we get :p

And btw, that's Arsenal through now ;)

EDIT: Now that Arsenal are through, surely it's impossible for the English clubs to avoid each other?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EDIT: Now that Arsenal are through, surely it's impossible for the English clubs to avoid each other?
No, not impossible..

United-Bayen
Liverpool-Porto
Chelsea - Barca
Arsenal-Villareal

Doubt that will happen though.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Technically it's more likely that we'll face foreign opposition.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not that much. In fact, the probabilities of an all english pairing are pretty high...
There's a 3 in 7 chance for us to face English opposition, and a 4 in 7 chance we'll face foreign opposition. Still high odds I know, but the point I was making are the chances are slightly more likely that we'll draw a foreign opponent.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Id be unhappy if we got Chelsea or Barca.
Id be happy if we got Porto, Villareal and Bayern.
Indifferent if we got Arsenal.

but I actually think we will get Liverpool. I can feel it in my bones, and Id love for this to happen if Im honest. There will be NO greater feeling than beating Pool in Europe. They will NEVER be able to live it down if we beat them.

but basically anyone but Chelsea or Barca please.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
There's a 3 in 7 chance for us to face English opposition, and a 4 in 7 chance we'll face foreign opposition. Still high odds I know, but the point I was making are the chances are slightly more likely that we'll draw a foreign opponent.
I know. But remember, with 50% teams in there beeing english, the probabilities of an all english game are pretty high. Doesn't mean it will be United, of course.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Id be unhappy if we got Chelsea or Barca.
Id be happy if we got Porto, Villareal and Bayern.
Indifferent if we got Arsenal.

but I actually think we will get Liverpool. I can feel it in my bones, and Id love for this to happen if Im honest. There will be NO greater feeling than beating Pool in Europe. They will NEVER be able to live it down if we beat them.

but basically anyone but Chelsea or Barca please.
That works both ways Jazz. Imagine if we lost....:blink:

1 - 20 of 226 Posts