My rankings in order of who I want:

Liverpool 4

Chelsea 5

Barcelona 6

Porto 1

Bayern Munich

Villareal 2

Arsenal 3

We're due to face an English team though.

Aslong as the 2nd leg is at OT...

edit: They draw the semi's at the same time aswell. We MUST be at OT for the 2nd leg of those.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Me, I'd like Barcellona or Porto.

I hope it's an All-English semi-final but,
though, judging the probabilities, it seems
improbable and I think that UEFA will
do what's necessary to stop it happening.

I want Bayern to get shown up by Arsenal
and I reckon we could give Barca a lesson,
they have an excellent frontline but if we
manage to keep Henry and Messi in check
the game would be ours.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The draw is definitely on the 20th but does anyone know what time?

Villareal or Porto would be fine with me. I don't think Bayern are as good as their win against Sporting suggests so I wouldn't mind them either.

I'm hoping we avoid the English sides and Barca though.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
The draw is definitely on the 20th but does anyone know what time?

Villareal or Porto would be fine with me. I don't think Bayern are as good as their win against Sporting suggests so I wouldn't mind them either.

I'm hoping we avoid the English sides and Barca though.
I think that the draw is at noon. It will be tough to avoid english team but if we get one than I hope it's arsenal although they always manage to find form and play good against us. My favorite is Porto but it won't be that easy even if we get them. I would love to see Barca and Pool get drawn together

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
would love to stay away from the english sides and get a first leg away from home as have finally got the all clear to do my first euro away! in that case, would like us to stay away from the english teams but we always seem to avoid them while arsenal, chelsea and liverpool have all met each other. would like bayern, as i think it would be a good game and a top away day. failing that porto or barcelona would be good. got that feeling though that it will be arsenal or liverpool

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
BTW - According to Martin Tyler the draw is tomorrow - A day before the thriller at OT.
According to uefa.com it's on the 20th. :thumbsup:

The quarter and semi-finals will be drawn at the same time. There is no country protection at this stage of the competition. Anyone can play anyone - remember Arsenal drawing Liverpool in the quarter-finals last year?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
According to uefa.com it's on the 20th. :thumbsup:

The quarter and semi-finals will be drawn at the same time. There is no country protection at this stage of the competition. Anyone can play anyone - remember Arsenal drawing Liverpool in the quarter-finals last year?
id rather get porto:D we did away with jose, now lets do same with his former charges!

yeah the second leg of that game was something else

·
Registered
616 Posts
its the same Friday as Gerrald goes back to court.....cant wait,for the draw too....:rofl: :thumbsup:

UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup
quarter- and semi-final draws in Nyon
Media accreditation deadline fixed for Thursday 19 March
The draws for the quarter-finals and semi-finals of the 2008/09 UEFA club competitions will take
place on Friday 20 March at UEFA Headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.

The UEFA Champions League draw will be made at 12:00 CET and will be conducted by UEFA
General Secretary David Taylor and the Ambassador for the Rome final, Bruno Conti.
The UEFA Cup draw will follow at 13:00 CET and will be conducted by UEFA General Secretary
David Taylor and the Ambassador for the Istanbul final, Can Bartu.
The eight winners of the ties played in the first knock-out round of the UEFA Champions League
will contest the quarter–finals, with the pairings determined by an open draw. This means that
clubs from the same national association may be drawn against each other. The quarter-finals
are played on a home-and–away basis, with the first legs played on Tuesday 7 and Wednesday 8
April and the return legs on Tuesday 14 and Wednesday 15 April. The four winning teams will, at
that stage, know who they will meet in the semi-finals, as the pairings will also be decided during
the draw ceremony on 20 March. The first legs of the semi-finals will be played just two weeks
later, on Tuesday 28 and Wednesday 29 April, with the second legs to be staged on Tuesday 5
and Wednesday 6 May.
A further small draw ceremony will also define whether the winner of semi-final 1 or the winner of
semi-final 2 will be considered, for administrative purposes, as the ‘home’ team at the final to be
played on Wednesday 27 May 2009 at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome at 20:45 CET.
The same procedure will apply for the draw for the quarter-finals and semi-finals of the UEFA
Cup. The quarter-final matches will be played on 09 April and 16 April, and the semi-finals on 30
April and 7 May. The final match will take place at the Fenerbahçe Sükrü Saracoğlu Stadium in
Istanbul on Wednesday 20 May 2009 at 21:45 local time (20:45 CET).
Media representatives wishing to attend the draws have to apply via e-mail to
[email protected] before Thursday 19 March midnight.
A sound system will be installed for ENG crews but no extra facilities such as telephone or ISDN
lines will be available inside the draw hall and there are no special facilities for radio stations or
websites. Due to interference problems, it is recommended for sound engineers not to use the
following frequencies while in the House of European Football: 783.875 MHz, 786.125 MHz,

·
Registered
2 Posts
If we are going to win it I want us to do it in style.
Draw Barcelona next round, then Liverpool and then a Chelsea final.
I want to see John Terry score an own goal in the final and then start crying!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
please can we have those murdering, bin dipping scum?!?
No, No and tripple no from me on getting the dippers.
Talking to a mate tonight and we realised the second legs are to be played on 14/15th April,
20th aniversary of Hillsborough on the 15th. :eek:

They would milk the sympathy crap like never before and you can gaurentee some
of our support would go out their way to be classless during a minutes silence.

21 - 40 of 226 Posts