Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What date is it on , because I want to book flights to Rome now as they will be cheaper !!!!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
The 2009 UEFA Champions League Final will be the 54th final of the UEFA Champions League football tournament and the 17th final under the current format. The final will be played at the 72'698 capacity Stadio Olimpico in Rome, the home of A.S. Roma and S.S. Lazio, on 27 May 2009, for the third time following 1984 (the only occasion where a team has played at its home stadium in the final of this competition) and 1996. The current holders of the trophy are Manchester United F.C of the English Premier League.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think it's a bit optomistic butit's your choice I guess.

Even if we did get to the final and you couldn't get a flight to Rome. You could always fly to France or somewhere and get a train etc. into Italy.

I can pretty much guarentee that it won't be as hard to get to as Moscow :rolleyes:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
What date is it on , because I want to book flights to Rome now as they will be cheaper !!!!
From experience of trying to book flights with Buddy Holly Airlines aka Ryanair I dont think you can book any flights more than 6 months in advance .
I could be wrong mate but I think you'll be ok leaving it till we get to the knock out stages . If it is Ryanair you go with they will more than likely cancel the flight and then re-advertise the same one for considerably more money , not to mention they'll probably leave you Spain or somewhere like that .

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Stephen said:
Imagine getting to the UEFA Cup final instead.
Or then again, we might not get to any European final :cool:

Seriously though, if I was in the position to actually be able to go to a United European final, I would never consider booking flights until we got there.

But I suppose everybodies different. Its good to see such optimism though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You shouldn't have too many problems getting to Rome even in a Champs League final week. The biggest task is as always gonna be getting a ticket whether it's UTD in the final or not. As sid you need to be careful when booking with Ryanair as many things can 'change' with little or no notice. I took my gf to Rome for 4 days and the flights were £120 return each and that was in February!! and that was leaving on a thur and returning on a Tue to keep the costs even lower ( ie. off peak mon/ fri )
Good luck with it all, I'll certainly be booking flights as soon as I can get a package I'm happy with. Whether UTD make it or not (and of course I hope we do!!) a champs league final in Rome will be WELL WORTH watching and a life long memory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts