Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 139 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
1luv1utd said:
we can go all the way. The key is to raise our game when it comes to the knock-out stages.
Last season this was almost perfect - right until the home game with Milan at 3-2 it was still OK - 2 away goal yes but 1 goal lead......just a draw - a little draw...........

But when chips were down - United fell short.....they fall very, very short in this game and even now I cannot work out what go wrong that night ....

I like to say Milan play the best they have for 5 or 6 years on that night - but this is maybe not true !!!

Something is missing when it comes to the BIGGEST games - and I dont see anything to make me believe things are any different now !!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Last season this was almost perfect - right until the home game with Milan at 3-2 it was still OK - 2 away goal yes but 1 goal lead......just a draw - a little draw...........

But when chips were down - United fell short.....they fall very, very short in this game and even now I cannot work out what go wrong that night ....

I like to say Milan play the best they have for 5 or 6 years on that night - but this is maybe not true !!!

Something is missing when it comes to the BIGGEST games - and I dont see anything to make me believe things are any different now !!!

I do. Owen Hargreaves is and hopefully will be the difference. He has plenty of experience in Europe and will give the defence the vital protection. I believe that we could have beaten Milan if he was there. Kaka ran riot against us. He wouldnt have been as effective if OH had been there. We can now play 4-4-2 in Europe instead of messing about with 4-5-1 and Rooney on the wing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't want to meet Roma, they will have a point to prove and I'd like to avoid them.

All the teams in the 2nd pot are very difficult, the easiest teams are PSV and Athens (if they make it through.)

I'd like to meet Werder Bremen as we have never met them before.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
i think..this year...we'll have as roma...celtic....and slavia prague
Behold! Slavia overrided Ajax. The golman Vaniak is truly pure class, so beware of Slavia. (But for me it would be the only chance how to see United in action)

But when United played with Sparta (in Prague), the tickets were almost unavailable.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
English clubs in top seeds

English clubs Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United are all among the eight top seeds for Thursday's UEFA Champions League draw for the group stage.

The English giants are joined by two from Spain - Barcelona and Real Madrid - plus title holders AC Milan and their city rivals Inter.

FOLLOW THE UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW LIVE ON SKY SPORTS.COM FROM 4.30 PM

Celtic are among the third seeds in the draw with Rangers among the fourth seeds.

Before the names are drawn out of the hat UEFA are due to announce sweeping changes to the format of the competition.

UEFA president Michel Platini is expected to confirm the details of his plans to open up the Champions League to wider competition, specifically by giving domestic cup winners an opportunity to make it into the 32-team group phase.

It is understood that his plans would have 16 cup winners from Europe's leading countries in a qualifying competition for four places in the group stage of the Champions League. This qualifying event would be run in parallel to a qualifying competition based on domestic league positions for 12 other places, to join the 16 teams who qualify automatically.

you lots probaly knew this but just posting it for the people who didnt know

21 - 40 of 139 Posts